Masterchef Grand Finale Part 1 - Episode Discussion (SPOILERS)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

First part of the grand finale is now up on Hotstar. Will telecast on TV at 9.30 PM IST.

Episode synopsis- 

The sweetest episode of MCI so far...

Today's episode was dedicated to childhood and memories. The contestants need to make seven plates of a dish from their childhood that brings up their memories and cook with that joy they felt when they ate that in their childhood. All the contestants had their childhood photos kept with them to boost their morale. Only two out of the four will be able to go to the final round.

Smrutishree decides to make a mutton dish that her mom made along with salad, Abinas makes a fish and dahi baingan dish that he used to love as a child, Akanksha decides to give a contemporary twist to Aloo Matar that she cooked for the first time for her parents as a child and Oindrilla decides to make a Nolen Gur cheesecake with many elements in the memory of her celebrating Makar Sankranti at her phuphaji's factory as a kid.

Chef Vineet says Abinas looks the most confident with his childhood dish while Chef Ranveer says Oindrilla has a different shine in her eyes today to prove herself while Chef Vikas cautions that Oindrilla might be playing too safe by making a dessert again since she makes a dessert on every elimination round.

Then comes the twist. The contestants were supposed to make seven plates because one member from all their families will be coming to judge their dishes today. Oindrila's mon, Abinas's dad, Akanksha's friend and Smritishree's mom have come to judge the dishes with the judges and score them on a total of 10 without knowing who made what.

All the four contestants get their customized cook books with the best of recipes they have made on Masterchef India. πŸ‘

Finally results time, from the family members Oindrilla scores the highest 39/40, followed by Abinas then Smrutishree and Akanksha scores the lowest. Then these marks are added to the marks by judges. So after total tally, Oindrilla becomes the first contestant to reach the final round as she scores the highest and has the best dish of the day. Followed by Abinas who comes second and so Oindrilla and Abinas become the finalists to go to the final challenge while Smrutishree and Akanksha are out since they get the lowest points after tally.

Final scores 

Oindrilla: 64/70

Abinas: 61.5/70

Smruti: 56/70

Akansha: 55.5/70

Both Oindrilla and Abinas get their chef coats and get another surprise while blindfolded. Oindrilla's dad and Abinas's mom and grandma come to cheer for them. Emotional moment between the contestants and judges and then off to the final round.

Final round- Both Oindrilla and Abinas have to prepare a three course meal for 18 guests that includes the judges, ex contestants and winners, food critics and celebs. So in total both have to make 54 plates each in 4 hours. Oindrilla decides to make a puff pastry with bengali mughlai style chicken chaap filling for starter, a south indian rasam based dish for main course and a himachali inspired apple pie for dessert while Abinas decides to make an Odiya starter and main course (sorry forgot the name) and chenna poda with kheer for dessert.

Then some celebrity actress comes to the kitchen (sorry don't know the name have never seen her in my lifeπŸ˜•) and as usual starts doing nautanki with the judges and starts flirting with Abinas 

Rest to be continued tomorrow with Adnan Sami, the guy who plays Choocha in Fukrey and other contestants where they sing some songs, play some games etc (in short, the usual nonsense timepass on Indian TV)

Edited by Khai_R_Haagi - 4 years ago

LMAO Smrutishree's face when Oindrilla becomes the first contestant to go to the final round with the best dish of the day and highest points from all the seven judges.🀣 

Major props to Oindrilla for playing 'safe' than be stupid like Akash who did not play safe and went home because he didn't want to play safe. Oindrila's dish looked divine and the best with that goddamn thick nolen gur sauce over the cheese cake and the til gud papdi. I was drooling like hell 🀀 

From being called a b*tch daily on her insta account by thr troll army and the constant groupism by Rudy's friends esp Smrutishree to being the highest rated dish on the road to finale and being a finalist. Kudos to her for her grit and flavours. Same with Abinas. Kudos to him for being so consistent with his flavours and food. It's finally a war between the king of seafood and the queen of desserts! 🐟🍰

Although as a season overall, this has been one of the weakest seasons and TERRIBLE when it comes to imagination and variety by the contestants no matter how good Abinas and Oindrilla were today. The biggest drawback this season among all contestants is the lack of imagination and repeating the same thing again and again. The same lemon curd and cookie crumble by Oindrilla, the same Tuile by Abinas, the same chocolate art by Prince, kababs by Akash and chicken/mutton dishes by Akanksha/Smruti etc...very weak! I think only Natasha was very strong with her imagination and plating and tried to bring in something new everytime on her plate and they were so beautiful. I somehow really wanted her to reach the finale and win. But oh well, jo jiske bhagya mein likha hua hai woh hona hai!

^Natasha will remain my top contestant because she was the one who brought a lot of diversity in her dishes. TBH, in general, Masterchef series only brought out 2 winners in general (Nikita and Ripu). 

Originally posted by Khai_R_Haagi

LMAO Smrutishree's face when Oindrilla becomes the first contestant to go to the final round with the best dish of the day and highest points from all the seven judges.🀣 

Major props to Oindrilla for playing 'safe' than be stupid like Akash who did not play safe and went home because he didn't want to play safe. Oindrila's dish looked divine and the best with that goddamn thick nolen gur sauce over the cheese cake and the til gud papdi. I was drooling like hell 🀀 

From being called a b*tch daily on her insta account by thr troll army and the constant groupism by Rudy's friends esp Smrutishree to being the highest rated dish on the road to finale and being a finalist. Kudos to her for her grit and flavours. Same with Abinas. Kudos to him for being so consistent with his flavours and food. It's finally a war between the king of seafood and the queen of desserts! 🐟🍰

@Bold,  what a sceneπŸ₯± mazaa aa gya bully gang ka popat ho gya.

Originally posted by meenachem

^Natasha will remain my top contestant because she was the one who brought a lot of diversity in her dishes. TBH, in general, Masterchef series only brought out 2 winners in general (Nikita and Ripu). 

Mine too. She has done variety dishes.

Yes. They are not even following each other in Insta. Only Natasha and Abinash are following Oindrella and vice versa.

I never wanted Smrutishree in the finale anyways. So I was so glad when Ondrilla went through and her face was shown.

I'm just sad that Akanksha didn't get through. It would have been nice to see her and Abinas face off.

Even I think that the she is a great chef. Well deserving finalist