Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Misogynists and bhakts spamming Thappad with low ratings - Page 2

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

This content was originally posted by-AllThatCritique

What the eff. smiley36

Omg this takes the cake : it's 2021 and death rates of men are increasing! nobody making a movie on that. WHAT?! 🀣  I think am gonna lose a lung laughing at that. What the efffff. 

And this doesn't surprise me at all. Come on. Indian men. Desi men. 80 percent incels. The ones who think Kabir Singh is their idol. Inse  kya 'domestic violence against women' ' casual everyday violence against women' samajhne ka expectation rakhna. It's futile. Desi society is one of the most patriarchal societies in the world and the worst part of it is that we rate the worth of women here according to how much she pleases her husband so a movie of two can't change that.

Desi men think the whole world is conspiring against them. smiley36 The things I have seen on Quora in the name of how unfair society is to pooooor poooor desi men. :( How oppressed they are by the same thing they created themselves : PATRIARCHY. smiley38 Its simply heartbreaking smiley28 Koi nahi sunta kyunki maan ki baat. Not even Modiji πŸ˜” 

Anyway, even if one woman watches this and it leads to her revaluate the abuse she faces, that's good enough for the movie. 

I think it talks a lot about Indian society and the upbringing. What you feed young minds with is what's gonna come out. Our society is really regressive. Here girls are taught to do all the household chores from such a young age while guys enjoy every sort of freedom. I have seen ladies(who are about to retire) in my office talk shit about their bahus and worship their sons. I have tried to knock some sense into them but I can't go into long arguments coz they are even elder than my mother and they will start bitching behind my back like yeh ladki kitni tez hai, aur aaj kal ki ladkiyan n all. I just hope our generation will treat our kids equally irrespective of it's a boy or a girl. Bachpan se jo sikhaoge, wohi to jawani me bahar ayega.

Edited by Glitter_In_Eye - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail

This content was originally posted by-RegressiveThug

the first negative comment was saying, he rated Thappad 1 star, even though he didn't watched the movie, just because Tapsee is anti-CAA. And generally those are pro-BJP(so pro-CAA and right wing bu default) are bhakts.

And generally right wing ideology people, don't follow the terms of modern feminism, so they generally are termed as misogynistic. 

@bold 

One negative comment by a pro BJP, which isn't confirmed either, and every other person is tagged as bakht...ok. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by-Glitter_In_Eye

@bold 

One negative comment by a pro BJP, which isn't confirmed either, and every other person is tagged as bakht...ok. πŸ‘πŸΌ

TBF most of the bhakts have trended boycottThappad in twitter, so it's not like ponymo is making up stuff.

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail

This content was originally posted by-RegressiveThug

TBF most of the bhakts have trended boycottThappad in twitter, so it's not like ponymo is making up stuff.

I'm not supporting any narrative, I asked this out of curiosity because I faced something few weeks back. I have seen this pattern here if you don't support a particular narrative or a person, you are conveniently labelled as a Bhakt/not bhakt. What I mean is if someone doesn't like Taapsee or hate Swara doesn't mean they are Bhakts. The same way if someone is supporting Javed Akhtar or Farhan Akhtar can't be called as well rehne do.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I'm not supporting any narrative, I asked this out of curiosity because I faced something few weeks back. I have seen this pattern here if you don't support a particular narrative or a person, you are conveniently labelled as a Bhakt/not bhakt. What I mean is if someone doesn't like Taapsee or hate Swara doesn't mean they are Bhakts. The same way if someone is supporting Javed Akhtar or Farhan Akhtar can't be called as well rehne do.

got it, although it generally happens, people are so brainwashed(including me), that we go on call each other names.

FanofAreebsMum thumbnail

okay reading some of these tweets is entertaining..

the typos! the arguments they type.. haha

movies like these are apparently responsible for "woomen destroing men's carrier and cause metal tention in men

posted by someone with a "Dr" in the title of their name...

FanofAreebsMum thumbnail

Maybe because majority of these boycott Thappad posts also have jingoistic hashtags in it... and narratives that people known as the "Bhakts"  love to repeat like a broken record..

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thappad was a good film. Very thoughtful and pretty balanced. I don't know why so many desi men are crying about it so much when it said some problematic things in their favor too. There was a part where it endorsed the idea that a "good" woman does not ask for alimony, which is just nonsense. 

Every Indian woman would recognize themselves in this film and the daily disrespect they face, from the smallest things to the biggest things. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

It’s happened on IMDb a lot. Just don’t Take it seriously and cause yourself headaches 

YoWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I see a lot of stupid comments like those even on FB/toi.

Sad, really.