Mere Dad Ki Dulhan

Kabir deserves someone better than Nia

Geniusreader thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Well, Nia is one of the lead of the show, but she has literelly taken kabir for granted. 

Mr amber sharma ki movie ho, first date ho, musical get together ho ya kuch aur, she always takes kabir's help, n he willingly does everything by heart.

But what she did? Shouting at Kabir that  why he didn't ask for time.? Really? Didn't she said earlier to him once, that pls don't do any favour for me by compromising ur position. So why she expects that kabir keeps begging the seniors to wait for nia,the princess for come n do presentation at her own time. Also, Nia should be sensible enuf to know that she can't take the company documents,laptop all with her. No point of getting mad at kabir. Period.

I wanted to pair nia n kabir, but it won't work i think. I don't care if Nia ends up with Randeep. I just want they just don't spoil Kabir's charecter.. he deserves someone better who values him.. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

The thought is mutual. 

OK I get we vibe with some and we don't with some even tho they profuse their love ot us. Here Nia has feelings / vibes with Randeep even though kabir proufsed his love for her. She wanted to maintain a friendship and blah blah. I find randeep pretty much useless. But fair him she likes that kinda men. What I have a issue is her expectations from Kabir!!! Whether professionally or personally. He just has to nod and go with her flow. While she can walk over him jab mann kare. 

Am afraid, just as anurag was shown caring and good earlier, and later they butchered his character to fit in amber and guneet, the same is gonna happen. 

I still have hope they are gonna experiment with Randeep Nia and kabir nia and finally screw up one of the character. 

CupofCoffeee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I recently binge watched the show and caught up with all episodes....I honestly fast forwarded all Nia Randeep scenes, find them really boring, the only time I feel like watching Nia is when she is with Kabir, else I think the only reason for watching would be Ambar Guneet and the amazing portrayal of characters by Shweta and Varun

Even Ambar Nia scenes are too much for me to take because the kind of possessiveness both have for each other is not healthy 

For example Ambar behaving weird when Nia goes abroad or his behavior and not eating and that flood in the house when she just went for a night out was really embarrassing to watch and same on Nia’s part, she is really irresponsible with her colleagues and the so called board of directors, she left the US assignment even when the company was ready to let her stay in India for few days and then go back, her father barges into the office anytime and she leaves the office anytime.....Kabir is right, its not his father’s company that he will keep covering her mistakes and put his own job at stake....Nia needs to stop babysitting her dad and both father daughter need ti give space to each other 

I also feel Randeep Nia scenes are given too much of sceeen space between Ambar Guneet scenes which are so boring to watch especially this guy Randeep who is hell annoying, my reason to sign up is for a different story of Ambar Guneet, all these other characters which get more than required time are a borefest....I would love if Nia ends up with Kabir because she has always used him, still taken his feelings forgranted despite knowing what he feels for her, her friends are always there whenever she needs them but her world revolves around her own problems and she doesn’t care much about others’ feelings 

Edited by -EvilDesires- - 4 years ago
Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -EvilDesires-

I recently binge watched the show and caught up with all episodes....I honestly fast forwarded all Nia Randeep scenes, find them really boring, the only time I feel like watching Nia is when she is with Kabir, else I think the only reason for watching would be Ambar Guneet and the amazing portrayal of characters by Shweta and Varun

Even Ambar Nia scenes are too much for me to take because the kind of possessiveness both have for each other is not healthy 

For example Ambar behaving weird when Nia goes abroad or his behavior and not eating and that flood in the house when she just went for a night out was really embarrassing to watch and same on Nia’s part, she is really irresponsible with her colleagues and the so called board of directors, she left the US assignment even when the company was ready to let her stay in India for few days and then go back, her father barges into the office anytime and she leaves the office anytime.....Kabir is right, its not his father’s company that he will keep covering her mistakes and put his own job at stake....Nia needs to stop babysitting her dad and both father daughter need ti give space to each other 

I also feel Randeep Nia scenes are given too much of sceeen space between Ambar Guneet scenes which are so boring to watch especially this guy Randeep who is hell annoying, my reason to sign up is for a different story of Ambar Guneet, all these other characters which get more than required time are a borefest....I would love if Nia ends up with Kabir because she has always used him, still taken his feelings forgranted despite knowing what he feels for her, her friends are always there whenever she needs them but her world revolves around her own problems and she doesn’t care much about others’ feelings 

Agree with everything u say except the last part. I used to be a Kabir-Niya shipper but no more. Kabir deserves someone more sensitive, balanced, grounded & considerate.

Maybe they can show Randeep showing his papa ki pyari the mirror - to see how entitled & self-absorbed she is. Because Kabir is too soft to show her the mirror & even if he did, she will not take him seriously & instead blame him for being a bad friend, like today.

desi-chai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Agree totally. I dont particularly like Randeep, but they show him a bit toned down now. I kind of liked his scenes with Guneet when she needed someone to vent out her feelings. He just turned up at the restaurant when she was so vulnerable as ndp didnt turn up.

Overall, whether or not Randeep is likeable...Nia needs a lesson for life for having taken her office and kabir for granted. She has dragged him in every personal situation of hers and her dad's. So much that I felt kabir may be living in sharma household. Despite that, she is so thankless to him just bcoz he wasnt able to cover up for that folly of running out of the office at her own fancy. 

Any guy deserves better than this. I have only seen this one sided friendships of Nia, where ppl help her and she never. Cant say more...

Sakurablossom thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hmm. Now that I have read this I wonder has there been any moment when Kabir needed help and Niya was by his side? I'm sure Kabir must have had some problem in his life where he needed his friend. 

In a balanced friendship there is reciprocation. Of nia- Kabir friendship is supposed to be genuine, then writers should have shown some moments where Niya helps Kabir, that will just add a nice touch of balance.  Given how much Kabir is involved in Sharma household, he is a bit more than a side character. So far his character potrayal is bit flat, he helps when Niya needs him and he loves her. That's it. There is nothing more to his character. It won't hurt if they add some more dimensions to kabir's character.

paytonlee123 thumbnail

Nia needs to stop taking kabir for granted. He has done so much for her but she doesn't seem to appreciate it but rather acts like she deserves it. I do feel bad for nia having to baby sit her 50 year old dad but nia and her dad doesn't deserve a man like kabir. They will probably run all over him. He is too sweet

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

When we say not deserve ...as a friend or as a partner?? 

Love in Friendship is actually more forgiving than love in a romantic relationship until they become husband wife and then it’s more forgiving again. This is becos I think the depth and expectations are different. 

When it comes to the issue of “deserving” in the end it depends on equality like everyone here has brought out...but then it also depends on expectations met and unmet..and the depth is built on that I suppose...this is why I think it IS important to label relationships...but maybe I am going on a tangent here..but what I mean is 

In our eyes, we look at them as a couple to define the deserving part, but maybe since they are friends we will never say deserving or not...becos friendship has no such limitations...in a friendship I can tell a friend “dude better do your bit” and the next day, we are back to being normal again in a romantic relationship it’s different. 

sunaina02 thumbnail

The story is not about Kabir .  So no point in discussing what and whom Kabir deserves. One "chutki me" Kabir character can vanish if the writers want .

Sakurablossom thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunaina02

The story is not about Kabir .  So no point in discussing what and whom Kabir deserves. One "chutki me" Kabir character can vanish if the writers want .

Characters appearing and disappearing, "one chutki me" is one of the signs of  Ekta serials. Entire point of watching MDKD is to escape that trope.