Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Anil Kapoor- Boney Kapoor at Loggerheads?

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 years ago

Anil Kapoor- Boney Kapoor at Loggerheads? Close Source Reveals All's Not Well between the Brothers

Source Close to the Kapoors has Revealed that Anil Kapoor and Boney Kapoor are having a Tiff...

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/anil-kapoor-boney-kapoor-at-loggerheads-close-source-reveals-alls-not-well-between-the-brothers_160804

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

technically he shouldnt feel hurt, since Boney is the producer and the sole owner of the movie.........

waise bhi Lead Actors have no say about a remake......so Sonam and Anil feeling hurt is OTT

oyebollywood thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

technically he shouldnt feel hurt, since Boney is the producer and the sole owner of the movie.........

waise bhi Lead Actors have no say about a remake......so Sonam and Anil feeling hurt is OTT

maybe they need some roles in Mr India to revive their careers 

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: anjs

lol ideally technically no one should feel hurt or keep any expectations but that doesn’t happen in real life 

in real life these things happen lol

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Shekhar Kapur On Mr. India Reboot: Must Have The Rights To Remake Of My WorkUpdated: Feb 27, 2020, 08:25 IST | Mohar Basu | Mumbai

Disappointed at being left in dark about the Mr. India Reboot, the director Shekar Kapur of the 1987 cult hit tells mid-day that he is seeking legal recourse to protect his 'creative rights'

Soon after mid-day broke the news that Ali Abbas Zafar will helm the reboot of Mr India (1987), there was a backlash from the makers of the original. Anil Kapoor's daughter Sonam K Ahuja even criticised the "underhanded" manner in which the remake was conceived of without the knowledge of the original film's leading man. Director Shekhar Kapur has now joined the chorus.

It is understandable that Kapur, the director of Bollywood's first sci-fi outing, is mighty displeased about the turn of events. When mid-day reached out to him, he said, "Where is the director's ownership on the material he has created? It [the reboot] is based on what I have created. Now, I am in touch with lawyers all over the world to [tackle] the issue. It's about creating a new understanding of creative authorship of the principal director of a film. [The model] is [followed] in many nations of the world, including Australia, and the US. As the director, I am the prime author of the movie. I must have rights to the future remake of the film created by me. This calls for a change in the constitutional copyright laws. This is not about Mr India anymore."

Knowing all too well that a movie's rights rest with the producer in India, the director points out, "The poster reads Surinder Kapoor's Mr India produced by Boney Kapoor. His father was the original producer."

Kapur informs that he had reached out to Boney as soon as the reboot to the Sridevi-starrer was announced. "[When I questioned him], he said nothing is set in stone. Anil was equally disturbed that he didn't know about it," he says, adding that Boney did not inform him about the alleged transfer of rights. Charting his next course of action, Kapur says, "It's time to have a serious legal discussion here to reinterpret the copyright act so that it accords authorship of a film to the principal director. This is not directed at Boney, or the current director, or Zee Studios. It is directed at the act itself."

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/shekhar-kapur-on-mr-india-reboot-must-have-the-rights-to-remake-of-my-work/22645209

This movie is doomed. Seems like they're trying to figure out a way to file court cases. 

If Anil Kapoor can prove in court that his father was the producer and now some percent belongs to him, Boney won't be able to make the movie. Even Shekhar Kapur is going to keep the courts tied up if he challenges the law.

I don't think any actors will attach to this movie if there are legal issues. Nobody wants to waste their time.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Wow!  I wonder if Shekar has any recourse here?  Just because he’s “consulting” lawyers doesn’t mean anything will come of it. Saroj Khan consulted lawyers too when Ek Do Teen was remade and was basically told to set herself down. She even ended up apologizing for causing a ruckus with the media. This one might become a little more complicated but I think eventually everyone will back down.  I can’t imagine Zee Studios not having everything looked at before going public with this announcement.  

Maroonporsche thumbnail

End of day producers own movies and all the rights. Even actors and stars are helpless in that sense.