EDKV2-Episode Discussion Thread 1- The Yin and the Yang - Page 6

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by Mannu_ahuja

A) Out of the current lot of characters I hope they don't axe out Bunty's character. The actor playing it has some amazing potential and I think Bunty in general would be fun to watch.

I think the Bunty is a bigger part of the narrative. He could be the one who will keep in touch with both of them after separation. The actor is great as well.

B) Shravan time and again has shown streaks of bravery in his behaviour. I think it was smart move on the part of makers because audience need something to connect Shravan with his future Army storyline.

Sharavan has great potential. In the end he will be overshadowing every one else. He is very charismatic and can win any one over with that charm.

C) Could be just me but I find Shravan's character in general better written than Suman. They need to show some depth to Suman's character. Some more personality traits, some more shades of grey would be nice.

I think they are trying to Show Suman as the tunnel vision army discipline who sometimes does not see the bigger picture, hence she will be the first one to misunderstand the situation and Shravan being his stubborn self will not correct her. 

D) I might be a minority here but right now I am loving chemistry between Suman's parents more than between the leads๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Eternized_Blues - 4 years ago

Originally posted by malikakas

Loved the episode! I like how Suman is getting to know Shravan now. Shravan is such a sweetie that he doesn't brag about himself. The writers are doing such a good job slowing bringing them closer. 

Can't wait for next week. Shravan having to impress her grandfather is so fun. I wonder who will win the bet. Shravan or Suman?

Haven't watched the episode yet but I have seen the bet promo. The story is escalating. I am excited.

Originally posted by sheeluneelu

Shravan will win the bet I am sure

I also agree that Shravan will win the bet because everyone already likes Suman in Malhotra house, its Shravan who needs to earn his way into Tiwari's hearts for the story to move ahead. 

This show is what you call unchi dukaan feeka pakwaan.

Story concept is good. Main theme song is good. Music is decent but poor story and poor execution has made a mess of whole project.

The only interesting thing in this story is Fathers relationship on personal and professional level. Rest of it is just rinse and repeat of sas-bahu dramas.

Caricature of characters have no depth and inconsistent to core.

The buildup of relationship between main leads is so fake and superficial. The forced buildup of understanding is not only ludicrous but so inorganic that it just completely wipes the whole storyboard.

Few one liners here and there look good for comedy but they can't hide the big potholes everywhere. Not to mention the casual racism in the shown as a fact of life.

Originally posted by Eternized_Blues

I also feel that so far the supporting actors are getting an arc of their own. the whole conflict of Suman's chacha not being in army and his identity in the house is a good sub plot. The subtle undercurrents are very telling that it is not all roses and peaches in Tiwari household. I like relation Sharvan has with his cousin and his uncle is much different.

i agree...its quite a pivotal thing to talk about how the army has shaped up their attitude...

Originally posted by kdramafan1

This show is what you call unchi dukaan feeka pakwaan.

Story concept is good. Main theme song is good. Music is decent but poor story and poor execution has made a mess of whole project.

The only interesting thing in this story is Fathers relationship on personal and professional level. Rest of it is just rinse and repeat of sas-bahu dramas.

Caricature of characters have no depth and inconsistent to core.

The buildup of relationship between main leads is so fake and superficial. The forced buildup of understanding is not only ludicrous but so inorganic that it just completely wipes the whole storyboard.

Few one liners here and there look good for comedy but they can't hide the big potholes everywhere. Not to mention the casual racism in the shown as a fact of life.

lol its just been a month...i agree that the acting on the newbies side needs improvement but they r new so i'd give them more time for development...and their buildup is not bad...whats so bad about opening up as friends, dear?...what saas bahu drama is there? 

Originally posted by meenachem

lol its just been a month...i agree that the acting on the newbies side needs improvement but they r new so i'd give them more time for development...and their buildup is not bad...whats so bad about opening up as friends, dear?...what saas bahu drama is there? 

I agree with you that and the story needs time to set up. And for newbies Mohit and Kanika are not bad though they will definitely improve with time. I have seen New comers whose acting was cringe worthy. 

Nothing wrong with opening as friends, good friends make good life partners. 

PS: just noticed that there is no saas in this show๐Ÿ˜‚

^lol, the above member claimed saas bahu drama and i was like, "huh?"๐Ÿ˜† 

yeah its just been like 3.5 weeks lol...

Originally posted by meenachem

^lol, the above member claimed saas bahu drama and i was like, "huh?"๐Ÿ˜† 

yeah its just been like 3.5 weeks lol...

Ignore! 

That is my mantra.

lol i agree btw how was friday's episode? sumo made her entry and shravan ji got jealous when he heard sumo was hanging out with bunty