Baking skills still evident in a dish considered as a "savory"?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Today, ondrilla preped a dish whereby she said to use spices in her dishes. She herself said that she made a whipped cream just to try to make it more savory-tasted. In Star Bucks, they sell a drink in fall, Pumpkin spiced latte with whipped cream infused on top (contains sugar). I'm not saying negative, it looked amazing but I don't really see much effort in the dish. TBH, Prince should've still been in the top instead of her as he showed much improvement in comparison to her just sticking to the sweet side consistently. It wasn't a fair elimination. 

Taste matters alot. We can't taste the dish, judges can. 

Didn't like prince's dish. Even the plating wasn't good.

Oindrilla's dish was better even with zero extra ingredients

Actually if you think about it, it wasn't about Prince at all. It was about Ondrilla versus Mahendra. They highlighted the fact that both were making the same dish again and that it was basically elimination all over again.

In a way, by saving Ondrilla, they were saying - look the first elimination wasn't her fault either, it was Mahendra's. I saw it as a way of whitewashing Ondrilla. It was effectively like telling people don't get angry at Ondrilla, she did try to help Mahendra, Mahendra is at fault here. And once they had eliminated Mahendra against Ondrilla, they obviously couldn't evict her against Prince because then their point would be null and void. Thus Prince had to go.

But what the CVs and chefs don't see is that Ondrilla isn't getting hate because of her cooking. No, she's good at that. She's getting hate because of her attitude. Her selfish nature is what caused people to get pissed at her. I have a whole circle of friends and family here who watch MCI and we had a get-together over the weekend and if there was one thing we all agreed on, it was that we don't like Ondrilla because of her attitude.

Ashi and Tanika, it could have definitely been about swad and surat, but when the Ondrilla versus Mahendra was highlighted to this extent and Chef Ranveer gave that small speech about how the first elimination was also Mahendra's fault, I couldn't believe even for a minute that Ondrilla being saved had anything to do with soch, surat, and swad.

Edited by Minionite - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Minionite

Actually if you think about it, it wasn't about Prince at all. It was about Ondrilla versus Mahendra. They highlighted the fact that both were making the same dish again and that it was basically elimination all over again.

In a way, by saving Ondrilla, they were saying - look the first elimination wasn't her fault either, it was Mahendra's. I saw it as a way of whitewashing Ondrilla. It was effectively like telling people don't get angry at Ondrilla, she did try to help Mahendra, Mahendra is at fault here. And once they had eliminated Mahendra against Ondrilla, they obviously couldn't evict her against Prince because then their point would be null and void. Thus Prince had to go.

But what the CVs and chefs don't see is that Ondrilla isn't getting hate because of her cooking. No, she's good at that. She's getting hate because of her attitude. Her selfish nature is what caused people to get pissed at her. I have a whole circle of friends and family here who watch MCI and we had a get-together over the weekend and if there was one thing we all agreed on, it was that we don't like Ondrilla because of her attitude.

Ashi and Tanika, it could have definitely been about swad and surat, but when the Ondrilla versus Mahendra was highlighted to this extent and Chef Ranveer gave that small speech about how the first elimination was also Mahendra's fault, I couldn't believe even for a minute that Ondrilla being saved had anything to do with soch, surat, and swad.

Actually they were not white washing Oindrilla but they were white washing themselves. They were trying to tell all those people who called them biased and brick batted with Oindrilla on social that see their judgement of saving Oindrilla was always right. She was (is) better than Mahendra, even now when he has advantage but still her dish is  better than Mahendra. All this drama of both making some dish can not just be a plain co-incidence. 

Infact the whole purpose of this wild card and getting Mahendra back in WC is somewhat to show the audience when time comes that she is better than him, (esp when Ulka's dish was better than his, but they choose Mahendra so that they can have some trp drama later because of Mahendra and OIndrilla bantering. Talking about Ulka, I feel he was the most wronged guy in this season, first he had go, while his dish was better than Oindrilla then in WC because of Mahendra. 

There is no doubt that Oindrilla was better baker than others esp Mahendra, but at the same time you cant deny the fact that luck was also somewhere in her favour.   

Originally posted by ashi_lovely

Taste matters alot. We can't taste the dish, judges can. 

yess indeed we cant taste the dish, but after seeing the dish on plate anyone can feel which dish can be better. That's why they say khaana pehlay aankhon se khaya jata hai, phir naak se uskee khushboo aur zabaan tak bahot baad mein jata hai. 

Not saying that Oindrilla's dish was not good looking. It was indeed. I totally loved her simple and elegant plating, esp her badami mathri was my absoltue favourite. But still after seeing the whole episode anyone who has experience with Indian reality shows understand what is for real, and what is for drama. 

Originally posted by sparkling_gems

Actually they were not white washing Oindrilla but they were white washing themselves. They were trying to tell all those people who called them biased and brick batted with Oindrilla on social that see their judgement of saving Oindrilla was always right. She was (is) better than Mahendra, even now when he has advantage but still her dish is  better than Mahendra. All this drama of both making some dish can not just be a plain co-incidence. 

Infact the whole purpose of this wild card and getting Mahendra back in WC is somewhat to show the audience when time comes that she is better than him, (esp when Ulka's dish was better than his, but they choose Mahendra so that they can have some trp drama later because of Mahendra and OIndrilla bantering. Talking about Ulka, I feel he was the most wronged guy in this season, first he had go, while his dish was better than Oindrilla then in WC because of Mahendra. 

There is no doubt that Oindrilla was better baker than others esp Mahendra, but at the same time you cant deny the fact that luck was also somewhere in her favour.   

Point. It was whitewashing the judges as well. But see they weren't getting all the hate. Most of the hate was directed at Ondrilla. So she needed to be whitewashed more than the judges.

Yes, I especially felt bad for Ulka. He definitely got better comments and yet Mahendra was brought back as WC. I fully expected it and wanted him back, but not like this.

Ondrilla has gotten very lucky. She managed to skate through with just baking alone. The few times she ended up in elimination, she supposedly made better dishes than others and thus got to the end.