Asoka takes the cake for me 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I don't know how many times I have watched Man mohana and In Lamhonke Darmiyan... JA is such a beautiful and perfect movie..!  I so regret not watching it in theaters.. 

I couldn't sit past 40 min for Padmavat.  For Bajirao, the voice modulation of Ranveer was a big put off for me. I haven't watched this movie past 30 min. 

Edited by nema123 - 3 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I, my sister, and some of her friends went to the theatre to watch this. Remember here in the USA only a few movies release in theatre this was a rare occasion. When the girls were back alone in the car, we were busy reminiscing all the romantic scenes. Starting from the suhaag raat when Aish was so awkward. My personal favorite when Aish writes down Akbar's name and he orders her to read it. It was common knowledge Akbar couldn't read so I was laughing out loud in the theatre. She explains she can't say her hubby's name. He order her to look in his eyes and say it. 

Edited by grumpydwarf - 3 years ago
galaxyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I haven't seen this movie yet...can't get past the runtime.

bollywood Aishwarya Rai jodhaa akbar hrithik roshan **mine ...

'Mere khwabon ke iss gulistan mein, tumshe hi toh bahar chaayi hai, phool mein raang mere the lekin unmei khusboo tumhi se ayi hai' .. BEAUTIFUL 

Frida thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Jodha Akbar was good, but nothing exceptional! All others, I haven seen only their trailers. 

I end up comparing all the historical movies to Mughal -e Azam! The sets, music, dialogues, songs of Mughal-e Azam is something else no matter how many times I watch it. 

I was lucky to watch it in theatre when its color print was released. It is the gold standard for me :) 

Edited by Frida - 3 years ago
RunParoRun thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Y'all make me wanna watch this movie tonight, I just love how it's a perfect combo of history, war, drama, romance and aesthetics. Plus, Hrithik-Aish legit have the best chemsitry in the world.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: Frida

Jodha Akbar was good, but nothing exceptional! All others, I haven seen only their trailers. 

I end up comparing all the historical movies to Mughal -e Azam! The sets, music, dialogues, songs of Mughal-e Azam is something else no matter how many times I watch it. 

I was lucky to watch it in theatre when its color print was released. It is the gold standard for me :) 

I love Mughal-e-Azam as well, though Jodha Akbar is a personal favourite! Esp for that time, Mughal-e-Azam is so brilliantly made. How lucky that you saw it in theatre. What a delight it must have been!

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

True in recent times it is

Otherwise Mughal e azam is the best in historical 

I wish they can re release both in theatres so we can watch again 

Nowadays movies have no repeat value 

Even bajirao or padmavaat you do not feel like watching again and again

Only JA has that repeat value in recent times

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

JA is a really good movie. But it is not a historical film, it is fiction embedded in history.

There are quite a few good historical movies based on true events and people like Gandhi, Bose, Mangal Pandey, Amrapali, Ashoka to name some.