Poll

Jodha Akbar is still the best Historical period Film

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

This content was originally posted by: TeAmo_Messi

The movie was never meant to showcase the wars or battles of Akbar, it was always meant to be the love story of Akbar and Jodha and also the fact that how their interfaith marriage was given the highest honor by him and he wanted to make her the Malika of Hindustan who'll always have a say in his diplomatic decisions and his leadership.

The movie depicts Akbar's whole life and how he changes his personality and his perspective after talking in love. 

Tanhaji was meant to be the battlefield it was and it was good too but I don't think so Tanhaji will have the same pop culture popularity which Jodha Akbar has. The music if Jodha Akbar being classy and mesmerizing helps to love the movie more.

Doesn't mean I have to like what they went for. It was the least interesting option.

Edited by Lulzbolly - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I agree, Jodha Akber is the best historical movie in recent times. Hritik and even Aish acted very well Especially Hritik his Urdu sounded so natural, very few actors in BW can sound natural when speaking other language or slang. 

Even though in many places it was historically not correct.

-sakeena- thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

❤️

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Jodha Akbar was long I wanted more.

Never seen such a beautiful movie.

No VFX.

HR and Aish just impeccable chemistry.

Looks, acting, songs top notch.

I have watched it 10 to 15 times.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

No actor/actress ever looked as stunning on the silver screen both individually & together as Hritik/Aish did in Jodha Akbar. ❤️

Every frame of that movie is LOVE.

Chemistry is PERFECT.

The music is PERFECT.

The acting by the entire cast is PERFECT.

The visuals/cinematography/screenplay is PERFECT.

For me, this film doesn't fall short in any category, as long as you look at it as historic fiction.

Vickat_4evr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Movie is epic. Hrithwarya is so magical n yet so sensuous in this movie. There chemistry is top notch. Hrithwarya pls do more movie together ph houses r u listening. That ekta totally ruined the essence of ja the movie into ja the show totally yuckkkk....😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

JayaBachan thumbnail

Ironically I re-watched JA last night on Netflix for the 7th time. I replayed the Man Mohana scene 8 times, just to re-watch Akbar's expression when he sees Jodha's face for the first time. You just cannot help but admire the subtle yet obvious shift in his gaze. I find it remarkable that HR was able to convey his 'awe' so naturally onscreen. Without the need for any flowery dialogues, it was extremely transparent to the audience that Akbar was quite literally taken aback by her beauty. In fact, he seemed mesmerised by her throughout the entire film. ☺️

In my opinion - the movie was too short. I needed more HR and Aish scenes! I wish I could watch a 5 hour movie just focusing on them. I don't even want any side characters, just THEM! 

Edited by FingerFetish - 3 years ago
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

The way he looks at Aish here.. so mesmerised.

Hrithik in Jodhaa Akbar♡ | Jodhaa akbar, Hrithik roshan, Kos

Pin on wedding

I SO WANTED A LONGER FRAME OF THEM WALKING TOGETHER

JODHAA AKBAR | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

THEY ARE SO REGAL TOGETHER.

jodhaa-akbar | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

JODHAA AKBAR | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

bollywood Aishwarya Rai jodhaa akbar hrithik roshan **mine ...

THAT SEXUAL TENSION☺️

Jodhaa Akbar (2008) – Bollywood

Sorein thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Agree and it was refreshing to see both actors being utilized for their acting skills and not looks. They underplayed their beauty and focused on the storyline and chemistry. A simple and timeless movie.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

I actually saw the deleted scenes of the movie for the first time today even though I've seen the movie so many times. 

Even the deleted scenes are so good. I wish they didn't delete them. Esp the deleted scenes of Jodha/Akbar which them communicating and supporting each other..lovely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkM9KdMEcHA

Edited by BinKuchKahe. - 3 years ago