shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Shubh Mangal... And Bhoot Continue To Struggle

Wednesday 26 February 2020 23.30 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan and Bhoot continue to struggle at the box as they drop a further 10-12% on Wednesday. The weekday trend is very poor for these small to medium concept films as they should not be dropping like this as its the weekdays which make or break them.

Shubh Mangal Zyaada Saavdhan will drop around 12% to 2.60-2.65 crore nett while bhoot will show a drop of 10% to around 1.60-1.65 crore nett. It will mean a near 40 crore nett six day total for Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan and around 21 crore nett for Bhoot.

Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan had a chance of being an Average fare but with these drops that is looking tough now and outside Delhi NCR is has faced total rejection and even Delhi NCR is going down but overall will have fair numbers due to a decent weekend.

Bhoot is struggling with low occupancy and is going to find it very difficult in week two. The collections are poor all over now and the best it can hope for is a 30 crore nett total and even that depends on the second Friday.

https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1232908082507726849?s=20

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: HeartQuake

So I watched the movie today at cineplex with my family. 

Now I may be a little biased , because horror is my favorite genre , I can watch ( and I do watch a lot of ) any crap if only it has ghosts in it. 

Having said that , I'd still say , all things considered it's a good film for one time watch. Vicky was very natural and effortless and so was the guy who played his friend Riwaz. The story kind of made sense and came together . It's a bit slow . But the end was sweet.

It's also family friendly and not too scary. 

I'd say go ahead and give it a try.

//SPOILERS FOR NON WATCHERS - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ... boo.//

Did you get why the ghost was doing what he was doing? 

It was the one big missing thing that failed to connect the poor story together. I don't expect much from BW horror films, but this one had tons of idiotic holes that make me regret wasting money on this film. 

For example, the scene where Vandana murders Boytoy (I forget his name). I thought she did that because she wanted to free him from the torture. I mean she was yelling "I love you" which she hugged and stabbed him. It was obvious from the moment he got caught that he wasn't going to survive (given the fate of other crew members), so that was a better excuse. But no ... she didn't want Boytoy to accidentally inform Captain that he was busy poking his wife and they now have a kid together. But Vandana never made it clear that she was killing him because she wanted to keep things a secret. Boytoy turned ghosty and then had everyone jump off the boat. 

On that note, Vandana somehow survived. How did she even survive? Did the effects of the ghost fade after a certain duration or radius? 

In addition, the ghost had enough power to mind control every crew member and have them commit suicide. What was the need to possess Meera and have her do the killings when he could have just been mind controlling any invaders and have them jump to their deaths or something.

Also, how did Vandana know it was Boytoy's kid? Captain wouldn't have been happy that he had a kid unless he was having s/ex too. 

And that scene where Boytoy kidnaps Meera. I think the movie sort of hinted at Boytoy wanting to keep his daughter, but ch*tiya didn't even let Meera pick up her doll during the initial kidnapping. He left her in isolation for so long. He fed her fish or something. Kaisa baap hai yeh? 

What happened to Rizwan? Did he survive? 

And the most important question of them all -- what was the purpose of the Ghost? What was he trying to avenge/accomplish? That was the biggest thing the story failed to mention. 

It was super hard to understand the plot as well. At first, I was confused who died and who didn't die. Was Vicky's wife and daughter dead? Was only the wife dead? Was the ghost actually Vicky's daughter? Was he hallucinating about playing telephone with his daughter or was that supposed to be a flashback ...

The scientist/doctor guy's machine was beeping. But the purpose of the beeping was never explained. Did it have something to do with ghosts/supernatural? If so, why did it beep around Vicky (I'm thinking it was a set up for Part 2)? Was it a prototype? Did the scientist fix it? Why wasn't the device beeping when around Vicky when they were both on the ship?

Sigh ... I get that looking for logic in a BW movie isn't the greatest, but I think these obvious plots in the story should have been addressed. 

//// SEPARATE POST  ////

Since I'm writing so much, I might as well summarize my thoughts on it as well. I think it's a one-time watch if you like horror, but equally so - because you like horror, you won't find it to be a great horror film.  You won't be missing anything and it's going to be on Amazon Prime Video anyway ... so might as well wait for that!

Jump scares were there, but they were mostly predictable. It wasn't scary enough that I would close my eyes or look away or my heart would race. 

Acting was great. I agree with HeartQuake that the ending was nice (though illogical and annoying). The only thing missing from the ending of a horror film (that too with an supposed Part 2) was the dun dun duhhh foreshadowing that shit isn't over yet. 

I would personally give the film a 1.5/5, and I'm being extremely generous. 

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/status/1233673977437941760?s=20

Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan and Bhoot Second Friday Business

Saturday 29 February 2020 11.00 IST

Box Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan has had a fair hold on its second Friday as it collected 1.75 crore nett. The collections held steady in Delhi NCR which enabled the film to drop just 30% on its second Friday and this is despite the film being rejected by most of country 

The collections of the film are now around 44 crore nett and it does have a chance of hitting the 60 crore nett mark which would make the film an average runner though a lot depends on what happens next week when Baaghi releases.

Bhoot is not doing well as it collected 90 lakhs nett on its second Friday and a total of a little under 24 crore nett. The film dropped 45% from the Thursday. The first week business of Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan is as follows.

Friday - 9,00,00,000 apprx

Saturday - 10,75,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 11,00,00,000 apprx

Monday - 3,50,00,000 apprx

Tuesday - 3,00,00,000 apprx

Wednesday - 2,60,00,000 apprx

Thursday - 2,50,00,000 apprx

Week One - 42,35,00,000 apprx

The collections of Bhoot till date are as follows.

Friday - 1,75,00,000 apprx 

TOTAL - 44,10,00,000 apprx

Bhoot collected a poor 23 crore nett in week one and the genre has to do better as normally the legs are not there for the genre. The weekend was dull and weekday trend was not as strong as it should have been which could mean a dull second week..

The problem is no metro has really done well and mass markets were never going to do well anyway. The weekday holds can actually be called better than Subham Mangal Zyada Saavdhan though with lower collections but the problem is no area has really sustained while Shubh Mangal Zyaada Saavdhan is decent in Delhi NCR and this area can bring in collection sin week two. Bhoot will probably see drops all over.The first week collections of Bhoot are as follows..

Friday - 5,00,00,000

Saturday - 5,50,00,000 apprx

Sunday - 5,50,00,000 apprx

Monday - 2,00,00,000 apprx

Tuesday - 1,75,00,000 apprx

Wednesday - 1,65,00,000 apprx

Thursday - 1,60,00,000 apprx

Week One - 23,00,00,000 apprx

Friday - 90,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 23,90,00,000 apprx

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago