First Look at Deepika in 83' as Romi Dev - Page 4

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by rkisnothot

Indian women are always sacrificing themselves for their husbands. It's the norm. Every woman has stories of putting aside their own desires and ambitions for the sake of their husband. It's not something that should be encourage or seen as something amazing because in the long run, it only demeans women and keeps their place lower in society as men surge ahead in their lives and careers.

Comments like Deepika's are seen as justification of these things being noble and correct. 

Anyway, this movie looks super-boring. Maybe the content will turn out to be great but the constant publicity has been a complete snooze. 

DP shouldn't have said what she did given the social setup in India.

Nevertheless, the movie looks quite exciting actually. Cricket, Bollywood, and there will be patriotic fervor as well. I believe it has potential to be a smashing success. 

Of course if you don't like the actors, anything they do will elicit sour grapes reaction 😝.

Edited by MahanalayakKarn - 4 years ago

Originally posted by MahanalayakKarn

Of course if you don't like the actors, anything they do will elicit sour grapes reaction 😝.

Sure, if you want to disregard criticism with childish taunts. đŸ¤Ą

The publicity for this has been terrible. They're constantly in people's faces and have been for a year now but the posters and first looks are all pathetic. 

The movie can end up great though so we'll have to see. 

Originally posted by rkisnothot

Sure, if you want to disregard criticism with childish taunts. đŸ¤Ą

The publicity for this has been terrible. They're constantly in people's faces and have been for a year now but the posters and first looks are all pathetic. 

The movie can end up great though so we'll have to see. 

Criticism😂? Let's see. About acting? Nope, movie's not out. About songs? Nope, not that either. About production value? So far nothing to criticize.  About publicity? Yup, about that. Too much. Therefore, movie looks boring? When there is cricket with Bollywood and patriotism? 😂 Just from the promotions, not even the teaser or trailer?

Maybe it will be the worst movie ever made. Maybe it will bite the dust. But a comment like "boring" only from the pre promotion is definitely sour grapes.

Edited by MahanalayakKarn - 4 years ago

Originally posted by cricketfan1

And what exactly is wrong with that? Aren’t the wives of the sportsmen and Military sacrificing their own selves to be able to support their husbands? She is paying an ode- which means recognizing their sacrifice....And yes some women(and even men) choose to sacrifice their lives/careers to support the other people from their family....Its done out of choice and most of them are proud of it...But the problem is they don’t get recognized and taken for granted, and the least one could do is acknowledge their value, effort and sacrifice....

Everything. She clearly used word putting someone's dream before you. This is not sacrifice but a compromise so he could prosper. 

Tum yahan Kya galat hai dekh nahi paa rahi because tum Kapil dev ki ek success story dekh rahe. But aisi bahut saari stories hoti hai Jahan wife and husband lifetime struggle karte rehte hai. Or girls pehle hi apna career give up Kar chuki hoti hai to support husband. 

Thoda differently socha jaaye toh Rumi dev, gauri khan aaj successful business women hai par Kya yeh possible hota without Kapil devs and SRK's success?? They no doubt put their husband's passion before theirs par 100 maise 5 log successfull hote hai and rest 95 wives later blame their husband cause they curtailed her freedom and never let her do whatever she wanted to do. Same goes with husband who put their wives dream before them. Choti choti cheeze karne Tak compromise karna thik hai but ek lifetime decision usake liye change karna Jo shayad tumhare struggle ko value bhi nahi karega. Jaise him bolte hai ek successfull aadmi ke piche ek aurat ka Haath hota hai but hum yeh bhool jaate hai kahi aise unsuccessful log bhi hai jinke lihe bhi uski wife utni hi saath this kitne successful walonki wives. Agar woh kisike liye apne dreams ko give up nahi karti toh shayad story aur bhi ho sakti thi.

Roma devi kam Rajnikant zada lagrahi hai! đŸ˜†

Originally posted by cricketfan1

And what exactly is wrong with that? Aren’t the wives of the sportsmen and Military sacrificing their own selves to be able to support their husbands? She is paying an ode- which means recognizing their sacrifice....And yes some women(and even men) choose to sacrifice their lives/careers to support the other people from their family....Its done out of choice and most of them are proud of it...But the problem is they don’t get recognized and taken for granted, and the least one could do is acknowledge their value, effort and sacrifice....

I think the problem is that what is supposed to be done out of choice ultimately becomes a norm and the way of life for women. I've seen several talented women in my own house who could've easily made some kickass careers out of their talent sacrifice all of it for not just the men but for the family. Same with the women I've seen around me while growing up. Sadly it didn't change even in the next generation around me. They might have started working but ultimately gave up career for family. Thankfully my generation isn't mistaking compulsion for choice and hopefully the generation next doesn't do so too.

Originally posted by M0DERATOR

Everything. She clearly used word putting someone's dream before you. This is not sacrifice but a compromise so he could prosper. 

Tum yahan Kya galat hai dekh nahi paa rahi because tum Kapil dev ki ek success story dekh rahe. But aisi bahut saari stories hoti hai Jahan wife and husband lifetime struggle karte rehte hai. Or girls pehle hi apna career give up Kar chuki hoti hai to support husband. 

Thoda differently socha jaaye toh Rumi dev, gauri khan aaj successful business women hai par Kya yeh possible hota without Kapil devs and SRK's success?? They no doubt put their husband's passion before theirs par 100 maise 5 log successfull hote hai and rest 95 wives later blame their husband cause they curtailed her freedom and never let her do whatever she wanted to do. Same goes with husband who put their wives dream before them. Choti choti cheeze karne Tak compromise karna thik hai but ek lifetime decision usake liye change karna Jo shayad tumhare struggle ko value bhi nahi karega. Jaise him bolte hai ek successfull aadmi ke piche ek aurat ka Haath hota hai but hum yeh bhool jaate hai kahi aise unsuccessful log bhi hai jinke lihe bhi uski wife utni hi saath this kitne successful walonki wives. Agar woh kisike liye apne dreams ko give up nahi karti toh shayad story aur bhi ho sakti thi.

I agree that she could’ve phrased it differently....in fact she did explain her reason for accepting this role in a more simpler manner which is all she should’ve sticked to instead of making such a sweeping statement...She said by playing this role she is paying back her mom who she has seen supporting her father when he was busy with his sport...And that’s what I was talking about too...There are some professions which need one of the partners to take the back seat for the larger good- Military, sports,Medical are some such professions...I am talking about the wives/partners of these professionals who need to be recognized and acknowledged... 

Originally posted by Khai_R_Haagi

I think the problem is that what is supposed to be done out of choice ultimately becomes a norm and the way of life for women. I've seen several talented women in my own house who could've easily made some kickass careers out of their talent sacrifice all of it for not just the men but for the family. Same with the women I've seen around me while growing up. Sadly it didn't change even in the next generation around me. They might have started working but ultimately gave up career for family. Thankfully my generation isn't mistaking compulsion for choice and hopefully the generation next doesn't do so too.

I cannot but agree with everything that you said but like I mentioned it in the other post, the ode should be to the people who consciously choose a supporting role to be a part of the larger good because they deserve to be recognized too...Deepika should’ve phrased it differently and may be just made it more specific just limiting it to her mom because that is what she said her reason was to pick up this role in the first place! 

She looks like a man đŸ˜†

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

She looks like a man đŸ˜†

Her hair style is similar to Rameez raza đŸ¤Ł

Image result for rameez raja