Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Gully Boy's Triumph Is the Darkest day for Bollywood Awards ??

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Gully Boy won most of the awards @ the 65th Filmfare awards. A record setting 13. Is that the worse thing in Indian award history ??? I mean it was pretty well liked well made film. I can name some thrash films that won a few awards. But I guess Gully Boy winning so many is raising alot of ire. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

DDLJ winning many awards more worst

At least gully boy has better story than DDLJ or HAHK or Devdas 

In last 30 years since 1990 only Black deserved so many awards that it got

1990s was more nepotism and camps, imagine a movie called DIL gets more awards than a movie like Damini (which is like nirbhaya case movie), i mean really filmfare????

A movie like DDLJ and Hum Aapke Hain Kaun or DEvdas or Dil to pagal hai gets more awards than movies like Bombay or damini or ghayal or ghatak or maqbool or black???? How

From 1990s you can count no of great movies on fingers so less are there actually

Its all production houses bigger ones buying awards for their hero/heroine etc 

I do not even trust national awards anymore what with saif ali khan getting a national award when mom was chairperson for horrible movie 

Rishi kapoor admitted he brought himself filmfare trophy in 70s

Its same majority times

I feel sad for real actors and deserving ppl like Vidya/PC/Kangana/Bhumi/Shahid/Hrithik, Vishal Jethwa 

What if they get disheartened and stop working it will be loss to audiences

Ppl lose interest in school or office when there is bias 

article 15 and chichorre and mardani is best movies last year only than the rest 

to be contd 

Edited by myviewprem - 4 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

DDLJ winning many awards more worst

At least gully boy has better story than DDLJ or HAHK or Devdas 

In last 30 years since 1990 only Black deserved so many awards that it got

1990s was more nepotism and camps, imagine a movie called DIL gets more awards than a movie like Damini (which is like nirbhaya case movie), i mean really filmfare????

A movie like DDLJ and Hum Aapke Hain Kaun or DEvdas or Dil to pagal hai gets more awards than movies like Bombay or damini or ghayal or ghatak or maqbool or black???? How

From 1990s you can count no of great movies on fingers so less are there actually

Its all production houses bigger ones buying awards for their hero/heroine etc 

I do not even trust national awards anymore what with saif ali khan getting a national award when mom was chairperson for horrible movie 

Rishi kapoor admitted he brought himself filmfare trophy in 70s

Its same majority times

I mean if someone did something in all those instances than maybe GB wouldnt even had a chance to sweep awards ðŸ¤£

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

i love the Indian audience today

except for one or two cases, only good films are winning over

awards also, no one gives a duck except the actors themselves.. people are anyways losing interest.

They should just admit that Awards are just scripted reality shows

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: arnavfluffy

They should just admit that Awards are just scripted reality shows

They pretty much have since like 2014. I think Varun and someone else did and said awards and for TV ratings . 

But still this drama every year when someone wins and someone doesnt. 

An you know even that drama is valid. Cause maybe the following year things will turn out better. But this notion that GB winning a ton is a worst thing in history is ridiculous 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 4 years ago
LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

This year is the biggest backlash i have seen against Filmfare that i can remember. And rightfully so.

Similar to last year there was no one film which was unanimously loved . However last year awards were divided among Stree,Raazi,Andhadhun, Badhaai Ho ,Tumbaad.

So why couldnt the same be done this year??

Uri should have won best film if i go by box office + critics appreciation. It has fantastic imdb rating,6 lakh votes on BookMyShow and was a 200 cr film.

Uri and War also deserved more technical awards. How can Gully boy win best cinematography and production design over War and Uri ? 

Chhichhore deserved writing awards(dialogues +screenplay).

Aditya Dhar and Nitesh Tiwari were more deserving to win best director.

Although imo Alia and RS winning was a close call. Yes ideally Shahid and Vidya should have won but RS,Aloo deserved it too.

Funniest and weirdest is Sachet Tandon not winning for Bekhayali. How can you not award the biggest chartbuster of the year ??🤪

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveEatLove

This year is the biggest backlash i have seen against Filmfare that i can remember. And rightfully so.

Well AFAIK this happens every year and the next year the party continues.

Also certain people made sure Kabir Singh would never win anything. Even industry people admitted its not winning much. 

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Well AFAIK this happens every year and the next year the party continues.

Also certain people made sure Kabir Singh would never win anything. Even industry people admitted its not winning much. 

No I don't remember any backlash like this last year where negative hashtag has trended for two days straight to articles getting published to YouTube videos being made . 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveEatLove

No I don't remember any backlash like this last year where negative hashtag has trended for two days straight to articles getting published to YouTube videos being made . 

Is that what you consider strong ?? 

50 % of industry already ignores these awards cause of past years. An some people who attend openly bad mouth them.  If the award show gets no backing or TV channel next year then maybe its something substantial. 

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

There was nothing wrong with FF awards in 90's. 

DDLJ, HAHK Dil and others were blockbuster hits, the actors starring in them were popular, hence these films won in popular category. Films like Bombay won the critics award.