Will the age gap be a big factor?

Share
Posted: 13 days ago

hello i am ruby! 

After a long time I have started watching an indian show and so far not bad but one thing which is bugging me is the age gap between the leads. If it was a age gap between two adults it would have been fine but as one of the leads is a minor I am afraid it might draw some negativity towards the show. But then again it depends on the cvs as well i really want to see how they handle this issue as its the same production house that came with pehredar piya ki I hope they have learnt something from the prior experience. 

What do you guys think about the age gap issue? 

Posted: 13 days ago

Honestly I too was a bit awkward about it .

It could have been a 15 year old girl at least . So that a gradual development in her marriage and educational qualification could have been resonant . She could have turned 18 without a problem .

But now the lead is 8. So it’s better that they just concentrate on the education part and obviously the character development . And then at least an  8 year leap . Maybe in the next six months. 

But no romantic feelings for the kid. It can be admiration , adoration and respect but nothing adult . 

 I have heard of people falling in love even in Child marriage and such a large age gap - so personally that gradual development shall be more than fine.

Posted: 13 days ago

Originally posted by nancy56


Honestly I too was a bit awkward about it .

It could have been a 15 year old girl at least . So that a gradual development in her marriage and educational qualification could have been resonant . She could have turned 18 without a problem .

But now the lead is 8. So it’s better that they just concentrate on the education part and obviously the character development . And then at least an  8 year leap . Maybe in the next six months. 

But no romantic feelings for the kid. It can be admiration , adoration and respect but nothing adult . 

 I have heard of people falling in love even in Child marriage and such a large age gap - so personally that gradual development shall be more than fine.


Exactly 

15 would have been fine but 8 is a bit too young thus cvs should not bring the romance factor in to consideration until and unless the girl is 18 after that they might introduce the romance angle but if they bring it before that then it will be very cringy and wrong and the show will face the same backlash as pehredar piya ki

Posted: 13 days ago
1st of all this show is set in pre independence era when these kind of weddings were very common where a 8 year old girl getting married to a 20+ or 30+ man even the upcoming scenario was also a pretty common thing where a 8 year old girl getting married to a 60 year old man, so no one can question about it as it wasn't a big factor in that era, whereas Pehredar piyaki was set in this era so both shows can't be compared. Now the leads are having like 15-17 year age gap which is again not a big issue considering that era even this kind of age gap is still common at the rural side of india but yes the only difference is now at least 13-16 year old girl gets married to a man twice of her age instead of a 8 year old girl. Right now they are going to focus on the girls education n character development of the actors not on romance, once the girl becomes adult they will focus on that later. There is going tobe at least 10 years leap in future cause after that she will officially become an adult but I have a feeling the leap is going tobe more than that cause she will return to india after becoming barrister so she has tobe atleast be 21-23 year old.
Posted: 13 days ago

As per Pravisht (the ML) interview despite Anirudh and Bondita marriage there is no husband and wife angle ...it's the journey of a small girl full of curiosity and meaningful questions who meets a guy ready to answer her questions and the latter ll act as a medium leading her to the right direction through education till her barrister journey.  


So I think we should not worry regarding the romantic aspect for the time being.....may be later on they ll bring a grown up Bondita after leap.

Posted: 13 days ago

Originally posted by Ariel6


1st of all this show is set in pre independence era when these kind of weddings were very common where a 8 year old girl getting married to a 20+ or 30+ man even the upcoming scenario was also a pretty common thing where a 8 year old girl getting married to a 60 year old man, so no one can question about it as it wasn't a big factor in that era, whereas Pehredar piyaki was set in this era so both shows can't be compared. Now the leads are having like 15-17 year age gap which is again not a big issue considering that era even this kind of age gap is still common at the rural side of india but yes the only difference is now at least 13-16 year old girl gets married to a man twice of her age instead of a 8 year old girl. Right now they are going to focus on the girls education n character development of the actors not on romance, once the girl becomes adult they will focus on that later. There is going tobe at least 10 years leap in future cause after that she will officially become an adult but I have a feeling the leap is going tobe more than that cause she will return to india after becoming barrister so she has tobe atleast be 21-23 year old.


Thanks this did clarify my doubts 

You are right as it was set in a completely different era I don't think it would be a problem and as far as I remember even jhansi ki rani had the same age gaps. Hopefully the show will handle it well. And leaps will definitely take place but I actually want that to happen later as for now I am really liking this cute little bondita

Posted: 13 days ago

Originally posted by Ziva01


As per Pravisht (the ML) interview despite Anirudh and Bondita marriage there is no husband and wife angle ...it's the journey of a small girl full of curiosity and meaningful questions who meets a guy ready to answer her questions and the latter ll act as a medium leading her to the right direction through education till her barrister journey.  


So I think we should not worry regarding the romantic aspect for the time being.....may be later on they ll bring a grown up Bondita after leap.


Oh then that would be great but then again it's colors I just hope that the channel doesn't interfere and ruins the shows 's original plot

Posted: 13 days ago

Honestly this age gap thing is kinda bugging me. But considering that era it's okay I guess especially when bondita will probably get married to that Buddha first ( or not )

Did they say anything about Anirudh's age ?

Bondita is 8 and there is no question of romance , that's a relief. 

I assume there's a gap of 12-15 years at least.

Edited by made-in-charms - 13 days ago

Barrister Babu 


Related Topics

No Related topics found

Topic Info

  • 9 Replies
  • 775Views

Topic started by Ruby017

Last replied by Laalchi_Reader

FORUM QUICK JUMP

TOP