What do you think MJ's version of events might be? Discuss

Posted: 4 years ago

What do you think MJ's version of the story might be? Will you trust him? Why/why not? Discuss theories. 

Ok, so frankly, I feel Ashish is doing a great job as Mrityunjay Roy. I like him just as much as I like Maya and Rudra. But when it comes to devilry, I don't think MayRa can match up to Mrityunjay. Maya is good as the femme fatale and Rudra is good as the enigmatic lover. But no one beats Mrityunjay as the sociopathic, narcissistic creep which he is.

So Mrityunjay's justification. Hmmm. First of all, I like the fact that the makers take the effort of giving a proper backdrop to how and why a person is the way he/she is. We may not understand it, we may not accept it, but that is it. It's all about perception and perspective.

For instance, you may remember Sakshi Goenka from Ek Hasina Thi. She was not as devious as Mrityunjay was, but not less either. She was in my view a more circumstantial villain, where situations happened and her twisted mind gave her such solutions for the matter. Be it killing her first husband, driving a healthy girl insane, saving her rapist son, anything. She was perceptive and shrewd, and she was one hell of a classy villain created by the makers. And the only person who could outmatch her in terms of brains was Durga Thakur, and her planning against the Goenka family was class apart. These people showed that to show devilry we do not need to show physical violence, but mental manipulation and I am hoping that we get to see that here. Physical abuse and violence are very 70s villainry. War is not just won by brawn, its won by brains as well. Mrityunjay is just using his old bag of tricks. But once all that is done, he will eventually need to use his brains as well, and the same goes for Maya.

Ok, drifted out of context. So Mrityunjay's justification. I believe Mrityunjay has had tough beginnings, and certain perceptions in his life are because of that. Apart from that, his control-freak nature probably came in after the Manvi episode, so that things don't go out of hand, as it went in her case. Additionally, I also think that Mrityunjay actually did have feelings for Manvi, at one point. Otherwise, why would Diya all of a sudden remind him of his "kal ke ehsaas". I think he did feel for her, but not enough to give her the respect she deserved as a woman, for him, it was love only to be kept in closed doors, and he may have assumed it would remain that way. But Manvi was brave enough to voice out her grievances, voice out her choice of being a mother, voice out to make Mrityunjay take responsibility, voice out to the media to expose him. And that cheesed him off. He did not like anyone else control him, he did not like anyone else question him, he did not like that the world will know his true face. And that very thought made him mutilate and destroy Manvi, discard her like garbage. Because the most important thing for Mrityunjay is "control". Even if he loves someone, that too will be under his control, according to his terms and conditions. He is Maya Mehrotra from S1 who once told her mother, "Pyaar ussi se karo jisse control kar sako, jab pyaar tumhe control karne lage, to usse barbaad kardo."

And now it is visible that why he wants to control his family, especially the love lives of his son. Why he places so much emphasis on marrying someone of your own status. He doesn't want anything to happen like the time it happened with him. So that is why he will choose the people who enter and exit his life, his family's life. And that is why he is all the more enraged with Maya's return. She is the Manvi who is still affected by Mrityunjay, and he relishes that. He discarded her back then and what he discarded is not meant to return as long it is not on his own terms. So that's why he is angry. Now when Maya awakens, she will be another challenge as she is difficult to be controlled and an enigma that cannot be understood. The more Maya rises to his level, the more his urge to control will take precedence, so much so that all that he has built will spiral out of control. In my opinion, just as much impact Mrityunjay has left on Manvi, Manvi too has left on Mrityunjay. And there are chances, Mrityunjay will want that sense of ownership on her as he had back then, and he will not back out from stooping to the extremes and calling upon his doom.

Edited by libran90 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by libran90

Yeh hui na baat Mahisa,. MJ's mindset. Well I will be back soon after I am done posting. Reserved.

Underlined: Kyun kyun? ðŸ˜†Batao zara.

Will look forward to your views. 

Me tooo res...I will be back after I am done with the write up 

I am not really concerned about his side of the story. What I am looking forward is the justification the makers will show for MJ betraying, torturing, abusing and attempting to kill Maanvi. And how believable that justification will be? 

Since every character has to have some justification! MJ should have one too, right?

*Protection Shield* #🛡 

Ashish said in an interview that Maya was an obsessive lover.... Seeing how Maya is getting possessive and obsessing over Rudra.... I guess MJ's story will be about Maya and obsessive lover like Arjun's story from Beyhadh 1..... 

Originally posted by BitterBerry

I am not really concerned about his side of the story. What I am looking forward is the justification the makers will show for MJ betraying, torturing, abusing and attempting to kill Maanvi. And how believable that justification will be? 

Since every character has to have some justification! MJ should have one too, right?

That's exactly what this topic is about. What do you think the "justification" might be?

Originally posted by FruitToasty

*Protection Shield* #🛡 

Ashish said in an interview that Maya was an obsessive lover.... Seeing how Maya is getting possessive and obsessing over Rudra.... I guess MJ's story will be about Maya and obsessive lover like Arjun's story from Beyhadh 1..... 

But maya being obsessive lover here doesn't seem likely given the monstrous way MJ and his gang have been treating maya. 

Originally posted by sammy17

But maya being obsessive lover here doesn't seem likely given the monstrous way MJ and his gang have been treating maya. 

I am just basing this on Ashish's interview about his character where he revealed that Maya had an affair with MJ..... What we saw was Maya's vision.....how do we know that it is the truth?.... Same time, what if MJ has a different version for this story?... Which he believes but is not true? 

MJ is scared of his reputation like all big men

He does not want world to know that hes a casanova

He does not want an illegtimate child of Maya to grow up and file case for property when hes 70 years old (like ppl are doing now)

Its all reputation game 

holier than thou attitude 

thats all

he give a damn if antara leaves him if his reputation is not destroyed

second reason is his kids - hes obsessive but loves rudra and rishi in his own ways (typical indian father who controls children life and decisions)

many big people create an image for world to see business men, politicians, film stars 

when that image may break they act worst than mj 

indian society usually loves bad boys and forgives them easily

why Mj is so concious? May be he wants to maintain image in front of his sons 

Edited by myviewprem - 4 years ago