•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Hey guys this is Aishu once again. The last time I made this post was during the Mishbir breakup, when I was talking about Abir's situation. I just really wanted to pen my thoughts down, for this episode as it was both good and bad. First of all, please BEWARE SPOILERS for today's episode!

Let me preface by saying that I watch this show for Mishbir, and the actual actors who are amazing (all of them even the so called "villains"). So props to every single person for this show! However as a fan I would like the marriage of the 2 leads to be about them, and some of the drama and rushing of the current week's episodes kind of put me off a bit. But that is another story! Coming back to the episode:

I really liked the episode, it was balanced being humorous, romantic, and extremely dramatic. And coming to the romance scenes, though I love Mishbir (and yes their scenes were interrupted) , I didn't hate KuKu's scenes. I have been a fan of another show where I liked one of the supporting couples and not the lead couple and the screen space is something I am sympathetic to. However I do want Mishbir's marriage to be about them! Nevertheless, I want to really focus on the more dramatic part of the episode: The Reveal!

Here is actually my unpopular opinion: I actually didn't find it wrong for Kuhu to get mad at Mishti today. I didn't particularly enjoy the slap, but I know it is an Indian Drama, and makers seem to LOVE slap fests. I actually thought Kuhu was justified today. It doesn't matter who it is, whether your partner or even your ADULT child, a letter addressed to them should be opened by them and no one else has the right to open it. It does not matter what your intentions are, without permission THAT IS WRONG. So, I actually understood her anger and the slap. Anyone in her shoes would have done the same thing (I am not sure about the slap, but hey anger clouds judgement). 

What I think is not justified is the precap crap they are showing. It is not Mishti's fault for existing! Honestly looking at this show, if every time someone says that "Yeh Sab Mishti ki vajah se..." I got 1 cent, then I would honestly have a thousand dollars by now. Its actually crazy how much they say or imply it in this show!

Ha, *sigh*. That feels good to get out of my chest. Now I will proceed to hide behind my sad flimsy shield, and wait nervously for all the tomatoes and eggs... 

P.S: Last time thank you so much for the people who liked and replied to me! I loved all of the replies, especially the ones that disagreed with me! A debate causes the spread of ideas and thoughts, and was amazing to see how eloquently framed their thoughts! I don't think I replied to everyone, because I live in the U.S and our time zone (its Feb 13 at night btw) is different from everyone else's. I will definitely try to reply this time!

Aishu

Edited by Aishu13 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Aishu13

Hey guys this is Aishu once again. The last time I made this post was during the Mishbir breakup, when I was talking about Abir's situation. I just really wanted to pen my thoughts down, for this episode as it was both good and bad. First of all, please BEWARE SPOILERS for today's episode!

Let me preface by saying that I watch this show Mishbir, and the actual actors who are amazing (all of them even the so called "villains"). So props to every single person for this show! However as a fan I would like the marriage of the 2 leads to be about them, and some of the drama and rushing of the current week's episodes kind of put me off a bit. But that is another story! Coming back to the episode:

I really liked the episode, it was balanced being humorous, romantic, and extremely dramatic. And coming to the romance scenes, though I love Mishbir (and yes their scenes were interrupted) , I didn't hate KuKu's scenes. I have been a fan of another show where I liked one of the supporting couples and not the lead couple and the screen space is something I am sympathetic to. But I want to really focus on the more dramatic part of the episode: The Reveal!

Here is actually my unpopular opinion: I actually didn't find it wrong for Kuhu to get mad at Mishti today. I didn't particularly enjoy the slap, but I know it is and Indian Drama, and makers seem to LOVE slap fests. I actually thought Kuhu was justified today. It doesn't matter who it is, whether your partner or even your ADULT child, a letter addressed to them should be opened by them and no one else has the right to open it. It does not matter what your intentions are, without permission THAT IS WRONG. So, I actually understood her anger and the slap. Anyone in her shoes would have done the same thing (I am not sure about the slap, but hey anger clouds judgement). 

What I think is not justified is the precap crap they are showing. It is not Mishti's fault for existing! Honestly looking at this show, if every time someone says that "Yeh Sab Mishti ki vajah se..." I got 1 cent I would honestly have a thousand dollars by now. Its actually crazy how much they say or imply it in this show!

Ha, *sigh*. That feels good to get out of my chest. Now I will proceed to hide behind my sad flimsy shield, and wait nervously for all the tomatoes and eggs... 

P.S: Last time thank you so much for the people who liked and replied to me! I loved all of the replies, especially the ones that disagreed with me! A debate causes the spread of ideas and thoughts, and was amazing to see how eloquently framed their thoughts! I don't think I replied to everyone, because I live in the U.S and our time zone (its Feb 13 at night btw) is different from everyone else's. I will definitely try to reply this time!

Aishu

I totally agree with you! I had very conflicting feelings about how the episode ended, because on one hand, Mishti definitely had that slap coming. Like just because Kuhu is her sister doesn't mean she should go so far as to take official documents from Kuhu's cupboard without her permission and open them. Mishti, if Kuhu doesn't want to share, she doesn't want to share. She'll share when she's ready. But on the other hand, I absolutely hated the precap. I don't even know how Kuhu managed to turn the entire thing on Mishti, because the divorce drama is literally just between her and Kunal. It just doesn't make any sense. Seems to me the writers have gone crazy in their thirst for dhamaaka. It's too much. 

And arghhhh I wish Jasmeet would slither away to London to her Nannu like the meddling, loud-mouthed snake she is. Faltu ka drama create karna koi isse sikhe. Go wallow in your own misery, chachi ji. Don't spew it on others. 

-Meera

Edited by journalgirl321 - 4 years ago

:)

Edited by Aishu13 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by journalgirl321

I totally agree with you! I had very conflicting feelings about how the episode ended, because on one hand, Mishti definitely had that slap coming. Like just because Kuhu is her sister doesn't mean she should go so far as to take official documents from Kuhu's cupboard without her permission and open them. Mishti, if Kuhu doesn't want to share, she doesn't want to share. She'll share when she's ready. But on the other hand, I absolutely hated the precap. I don't even know how Kuhu managed to turn the entire thing on Mishti, because the divorce drama is literally just between her and Kunal. It just doesn't make any sense. Seems to me the writers have gone crazy in their thirst for dhamaaka. It's too much. 

And arghhhh I wish Jasmeet would slither away to London to her Nannu like the meddling, loud-mouthed snake she is. Faltu ka drama create karna koi isse sikhe. Go wallow in your own misery, chachi ji. Don't spew it on others. 

-Meera

Hey Meera!

I don't want to be cliched but same freaking thoughts man! God I absolutely hated how the Nannu track ended, and the subsequent "maafis" from Abir (and Mishti for that matter). I hated how he became a "love sacrificing bhola se innocent mahan" that LOVES (i.e not obsess or stalks her) type of love. I really want to send Jasmeet, even if costs be a lot of money, on a plane to London and away from the Mahaeshwari's for a while!

I agree with you. The slap was unnecessary but knowing how impulsive Kuhu is probably that was bound to happen. Though Mishti's intentions were good the matter wasn't a small one. It involved a divorce, both families and of course drama. Maybe Kuhu could've dealt with it in a different way but the truth coming out like this and Varsha crying aggravated the situation. 

I know it sounds silly but all I wish was the scene continued where Kunal wanted to convey his feelings to Kuhu. Really wish it continued. Also, I feel bad that MishBir's wedding is bearing the brunt of Kuku's divorce drama 

Bdw, I'm also in the US and am loving hotstar for giving us the episodes!!šŸ˜³

Thanks for making this post, Aishu! I love the debates that happen on this forum because you get to understand different ways of seeing the story. Though I don't like hate being directed towards one character or the other because each character would have a backstory for behaving the way they do when written properly, which going by the show's pilot, they did. Now, I am not so sure, especially Mishku and Jasmeet and even Meenu-Parul (#Merul??) but that's a different story.

Let's get the precap out of the way first. It was clearly made such that maximum amount of drama is extracted for TRP. We should all wait till the actual scene comes out before debate on that ensues because faltu ki negativity.

Secondly, the hella romantic song sequence. I personally liked it. All song sequences from the beginning have included both couples except for the Dheere dheere music video dream or whatever it was. Why would this song sequence be any different?? And why is everyone mad that they should have just focus on Mishbir? I get that it's supposed to be their wedding but DKP had already given us a warning that this would happen with the "15th Feb" thing last week. MishBir may have been advertised as the main leads but that's only because Mishti is the connecting link between the 2 shows, otherwise they're parallel leads as has been said multiple times and depicted in the show. Kuku ki shaadi me Mishbir ka love confession track chal raha tha and the opposite is happening now. 

Coming to the slap, well, the snooping around, going through her cupboard had to have some consequences. It's high time Mishti learns to respect people's privacy. She has been involved in everyone's business since she was a kid in YRKKH. And the bottling up of emotions for months in case of Kuhu had to finally find some target and we all knew it was going to be Mishti because DKP keeps victimizing it's leads or making them mahaan according to viewers' opinions. I've seen it happen with the parent show to yahaan to hoga hi because bache parents se hi to seekhte haišŸ¤Ŗ.

Was it unnecessary? - Yeah. Was it super dramatic and made me want to see a full on rehearsed action-fight sequence - Hell yeah!šŸ˜ˆ

Edited by aquaHP - 4 years ago

Aishu not for you.

What what what people are really thinking Mishbir are Parallel leads of this show. And dheere dheere is exclusive to MishBir. People also want to hijack that song. Right from the beginning I guess I missed all the promos  which featured Kuhu and KuKu as the face of this show. My bad, I should now get the punishment of not getting MishBir alone as I havev signed up for a show whice was promoted as Kuhu' s journey or KuKu centric. 

Originally posted by nami2811

I agree with you. The slap was unnecessary but knowing how impulsive Kuhu is probably that was bound to happen. Though Mishti's intentions were good the matter wasn't a small one. It involved a divorce, both families and of course drama. Maybe Kuhu could've dealt with it in a different way but the truth coming out like this and Varsha crying aggravated the situation. 

I know it sounds silly but all I wish was the scene continued where Kunal wanted to convey his feelings to Kuhu. Really wish it continued. Also, I feel bad that MishBir's wedding is bearing the brunt of Kuku's divorce drama 

Bdw, I'm also in the US and am loving hotstar for giving us the episodes!!šŸ˜³

Same man! I would have liked the romance to be reserved for Mishbir today because it is their day. While I didnā€™t particularly hate it, it kind of seemed out of place. I would have liked to see little romance for dramatic purposes and then talk it out. It might just be me, but I kind of wish the romance was separate, like even in the same episode. But not a continuation of one coupleā€™s romance but both being on their own. Although we have only seen the 2 couples together for every Bollywood song, so I canā€™t say I am that surprised. [:S]

Originally posted by aquaHP

Thanks for making this post, Aishu! I love the debates that happen on this forum because you get to understand different ways of seeing the story. Though I don't like hate being directed towards one character or the other because each character would have a backstory for behaving the way they do when written properly, which going by the show's pilot, they did. Now, I am not so sure, especially Mishku and Jasmeet and even Meenu-Parul (#Merul??) but that's a different story.

Let's get the precap out of the way first. It was clearly made such that maximum amount of drama is extracted for TRP. We should all wait till the actual scene comes out before debate on that ensues because faltu ki negativity.

Secondly, the hella romantic song sequence. I personally liked it. All song sequences from the beginning have included both couples except for the Dheere dheere music video dream or whatever it was. Why would this song sequence be any different?? And why is everyone mad that they should have just focus on Mishbir? I get that it's supposed to be their wedding but DKP had already given us a warning that this would happen with the "15th Feb" thing last week. MishBir may have been advertised as the main leads but that's only because Mishti is the connecting link between the 2 shows, otherwise they're parallel leads as has been said multiple times and depicted in the show. Kuku ki shaadi me Mishbir ka love confession track chal raha tha and the opposite is happening now. 

Coming to the slap, well, the snooping around, going through her cupboard had to have some consequences. It's high time Mishti learns to respect people's privacy. She has been involved in everyone's business since she was a kid in YRKKH. And the bottling up of emotions for months in case of Kuhu had to finally find some target and we all knew it was going to be Mishti because DKP keeps victimizing it's leads or making them mahaan according to viewers' opinions. I've seen it happen with the parent show to yahaan to hoga hi because bache parents se hi to seekhte haišŸ¤Ŗ.

Was it unnecessary? - Yeah. Was it super dramatic and made me want to see a full on rehearsed action-fight sequence - Hell yeah!šŸ˜ˆ

Hey Aqua! Thatā€™s very true! Our show has a nasty habit of making the precap more dramatic than it actually is. We wonā€™t know anything until next week. Yeah the ā€œdetective giriā€ stuff left me with a sour taste. I didnā€™t like the way that was written, but like you said Mishti has done this before. I wish they address this, like Mishti has done this before and gotten in trouble for it (i.e the Baba track). 

Originally posted by ananya3129

Aishu not for you.

What what what people are really thinking Mishbir are Parallel leads of this show. And dheere dheere is exclusive to MishBir. People also want to hijack that song. Right from the beginning I guess I missed all the promos  which featured Kuhu and KuKu as the face of this show. My bad, I should now get the punishment of not getting MishBir alone as I havev signed up for a show whice was promoted as Kuhu' s journey or KuKu centric. 

Hey Ananya! I absolutely loved your sarcasm! šŸ˜‚

I feel your pain man! Donā€™t get me wrong it is very annoying to see your leads being compromised for another characters. I hate it too. I guess I just didnā€™t want to be hypocritical, I used to watch Ishqbaaz a while back, and I loved Omkaaraā€™s character and when his Jodi was introduced I liked their paring and it was so annoying to not get any SS for this pair at times as everything was focused on the main couple. I just thought if I felt bad, people who are KuKu fans might also feel bad thatā€™s why I didnā€™t mind it too much. But regardless of this, I really wish that THEIR MARRIAGE WAS ABOUT THEM. It would have been nice for the fans, like all the unnecessary editing of their scenes is something I didnā€™t like.