Kuhu is still annoying and mean - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by SheThought

Disclaimer:

I do not hate Kuhu. For the most part, I understand her.

She is not my favorite character.

I love Kaveri and I find her brilliant as Kuhu!

Being an Abir and Mishti fan, I am just trying to give you an insight into how I view Kuhu and what really bothers me with respect to her character.

----

Pre or Post leap, Kuhu has always been bubbly, positive and nice to everyone - all except Misthi. At best, she tolerates her. 

So I wouldn't say that she evolved post leap in that sense. 

The main evolution we saw in her post leap was how she handled things gracefully with respect to her marriage and tried to remain happy on her own, without expecting anything from her on-paper husband.

She has always loved her own family and she extended that love to RVs too since the time she got married. RVs also accepted her with all their heart. Post leap, she tried to compartmentalize things  #KeepItSeparate and remain happy with whatever she got. 

So, while we did see changes in her post leap, they were not with respect to other. They were for her own self - like part of her coping mechanism, an extension of her survival instinct. 

She is basically loving and caring - a nice person and her relationship with everyone is great, but we cannot deny the fact that she has never liked Mishti. And even that is fine. Not everyone gets along with everyone else. But disliking someone and being a bully to them are two different things - and Kuhu definitely forgets that more often than not.

She has been pretty mean and downright abusive to Mishti almost on a constant basis. She eased up after the Janamashtami incident and was also sympathetic towards her for a while when Abir broke up with her - but that was the extent of it.

Kuhu generally never leaves an opportunity to let Mishti know she does not belong to the family and she does so in a very hurtful manner. I agree with the TM in that regard that you start loving an animal also if it is around you long enough - then Mishti is a person. Misti is strong minded, otherwise a person would start to feel inferior if they were subjected to such taunts. 

She knows that Mishti too loves this family, but she always feels the need to treat her like an outsider as if she doesn't want Mishti to forget that. 

And the thing is, she doesn't even have a good enough reason for how she behaves with Mishti!

Kuhu's grandparents showering their attention on Mishti more than Kuhu leading to Kuhu's insecurities is a very lame reason for Kuhu's resentment towards Mishti in my opinion. She has doting parents who love her enormously. And if that's the case, Mishti should have far more insecurity than Kuhu.

Regarding Kuhu's random mean comments to Mishti... well, I have read here far too many times that Kuhu is the only real character in the show. By that regards, her calling Mishti a charity case, or a stray puppy or ugly duckling is as real as it can get! That is what she actually thinks of Mishti! And like she has said that before, she wants Mishti to #disappear

I would like to believe that most viewers and MishBir lovers, do not hate Kuhu. But her behavior towards Mishti is really mean and abusive enough to not really love her either. She just discounts Mishti, as if she has no value and should just stop to exist. Now in such circumstances, unless people who are true Kuhu lovers, these constant chants of Kuhu, her awesomeness and amazing Kuhuness by multiple characters is bound to irk the viewers. 

Abir is the best example of someone who is always praising Kuhu almost to the point that he comes across as gullible and stupid for trusting Kuhu to a fault. No doubt Kuhu likes Abir and means well for him, but there have been instances in the past where she was clearly operating against Abir's happiness! Also, it is bothersome that Abir keeps Kuhu on a pedestal when clearly she is abusive to the love of his life!

Lastly, I would like to say that if we want makers to try and stop giving random abusive words from Kuhu to Mishti, we also want other characters to stop this Kuhu awesomeness jaap. It is as irritating as those random insulting words they give to Kuhu.

On a separate note, right now MishBir fans are just generally upset since it's their pairs wedding track but makers are hellbent on showing token under 20 seconds ceremony with KuKu centric drama. So viewers are bound to get frustrated and on top of that, if they keep hearing how awesome Kuhu is, they find the need to vent out.

Also, editors obsession with intermingling the couples, be it songs or scenes is so off putting. You can't enjoy either couple as you constantly have to keep switching emotions as the two pairs are on a different stages of relationships. 

But how to tell them? #KeepItSeparate!

Bang on post PaliπŸ‘πŸ‘

πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―

I support your thoughts 100 percent. There is nothing left to say.....You have said it allπŸ‘πŸΌ