Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Vidya Balan announces her next film - SHERNI - Page 2

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

This content was originally posted by: Twinklingmoon

Sherni means lioness na?? Tigress ko Kya bolte hai?? Woh chaiye tha title. 

Tigress and lioness are both sherni ACC to translator.

But I asked a Hindi expert colleague, sherni is lioness

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Good, she is an inspiration like Kareena that works back to back movies after marriage and at her 40’s. If actresses are talented and hard working, then nothing can stop them from getting movies even in their 40’s or 50’s. 

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: mira30

Good, she is an inspiration like Kareena that works back to back movies after marriage and at her 40’s. If actresses are talented and hard working, then nothing can stop them from getting movies even in their 40’s or 50’s. 

I am surprised vidya is not higher in ranking among actresses because all the top actresses are working with top actors and actresses to run box office, vidya has made solo hits movies 

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

It is used for both lion and tiger in India. 

Sher / sherni is for lion / lioness

Tiger is called bagh in shuddh hindi...I guess...

SASSZS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I honestly wish we only have actresses like VB, Rani, Tabu, Kangana, Konkona around BW. Hope the movie do well for VB and BW cinema audience sake.

This content was originally posted by: Terenaina

I am surprised vidya is not higher in ranking among actresses because all the top actresses are working with top actors and actresses to run box office, vidya has made solo hits movies 

Because Vidya is more like an art actress instead of commercial actress like Sabana Azmi and Konkona. She focused more on acting than glamorous but unfortunately in BW, glamorous is given more important than acting. That’s why good actors like Irrfan Khan, Nawaz, Tabu, Vidya and other talented actors are not in higher rank than commercial actors. Vidya worked with some top actors. She worked with Akshay and Ajay. Her last release was Mission Mangal with Akshay. I think she was in talk with SRK on some movies but heard that she rejected the offers because she didn’t like the scripts. So she probably rejected movies opposite of the big stars because she wants to get all the attention on the movie and it’s hard to get lot of attention when the lead heroes are top actors. I just wish she does a movie with Aamir. They both are special in the industry. 

Edited by mira30 - 4 years ago