•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

these actresses have/already shown a promising line up for 2020. Not in the mood to actually list out all their movies, but I did some research and formed this list

Deepika

Kangana

They already had releases but have atleast one more^ 

Jhaanvi

Taapsee

Alia 

Vidya

Parineeti

Kriti

please say why too? Don’t just pick your favorites, it’s not fun that way. Be honest :)

and no I did not list ananya, Sara or Tara as their lineup this year imo is not strong enough for them to gain sole attention for their performances. In other words. No strong content driven woman oriented films they are doing. 
if I am missing any, please list 
If you think it is ananya, or whoever else and I am wrong please say why.

Edited by vsbarry - 4 years ago

Alia has 2 movies where she is the lead with great directors (Mahesh Bhatt and SLB) and then a possible hgoty candidate in Brahmastra 

I think Parineeti is going to come into her own this year. She has 2 female-centric films, Saina Nehwal biopic and The Girl on the Train, both where she has tremendous scope to perform. I have seen the original Girl on The Train, and the female protagonist has an author-backed role.I also find her talented, she has that raw talent and is a director's actress. Even if the films flop, she will be recognized for her efforts.

Giving her ample competition will be Vidya Balan, who has Shakuntala Devi biopic. Vidya always shines in these female-centric movies( heck, she even stole the show in Mission Mangal!).

So for me it's a toss up between these 2.

With all due respect please omit out Deepika from the list. Chapak was her only  solo release this year and it has underperformed. 

Originally posted by Twinklingmoon

With all due respect please omit out Deepika from the list. Chapak was her only  solo release this year and it has underperformed. 

This list is not about numbers. Its about performance. Which actresses will shine based on performance.

She performed well so she is on the list.

I can make a list about BO. but it will be short. We cant predict whose films will do well, but can predict on whose performance can be of the strongest 

Originally posted by mintyblue

I think Parineeti is going to come into her own this year. She has 2 female-centric films, Saina Nehwal biopic and The Girl on the Train, both where she has tremendous scope to perform. I have seen the original Girl on The Train, and the female protagonist has an author-backed role.I also find her talented, she has that raw talent and is a director's actress. Even if the films flop, she will be recognized for her efforts.

Giving her ample competition will be Vidya Balan, who has Shakuntala Devi biopic. Vidya always shines in these female-centric movies( heck, she even stole the show in Mission Mangal!).

So for me it's a toss up between these 2.

I hope you haven't missed Parineeti's terrible performances after her weight loss comeback. Especially Namaste England. What was That?!. Golmaal was insignificant for her career. In Meri Pyaari Hindu, she didn't even fit the character. Parineeti has the tendency to play different characters in the SAME way. She is strong in crying/emotional scenes. Otherwise, barring her first 2 films, I haven't seen anything magnificent from her.

Originally posted by Cookies..

I hope you haven't missed Parineeti's terrible performances after her weight loss comeback. Especially Namaste England. What was That?!. Golmaal was insignificant for her career. In Meri Pyaari Hindu, she didn't even fit the character. Parineeti has the tendency to play different characters in the SAME way. She is strong in crying/emotional scenes. Otherwise, barring her first 2 films, I haven't seen anything magnificent from her.

She was great in ishaqzaade. And that movie where she played a scientist or something. she was good in meri pyaari bindu too. That’s it though. I actually find alia to be the same exact way -where she tends to act exactly the same in all her. Films- but tweaks it a bit. She just has been lucky to get better films. I find parineeti to have the potential to be really good if she gets good films where there is more scope for her to perform -just imo. 

She does has the potential to really stand out based on her lineup. She’s finally portraying versatility and if she pulls it off in the way she was able to impress in her first movie, it will be a huge game changer for her. I agree with her post.

also please note this post is about will will shine in 2020, not who has underpreformed in that past. all these performers have done a shitty film and have had bad films. 

the past is the past. I am not focusing on their prior films...if they have good films coming up and seem promising, then so be it.

Underdogs will rise.. I think Sanya with shakuntala devi n parineeti

just by title.. I thought Shine is some annual event like Met Gala 😆 

Blame is on TM to put SHINE in capital.

Edited by Zeal17 - 4 years ago