The girls who know what they want!

thedramaqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hello everyone

Been watching the show and caught up with the episodes finally. What a easy peasy show to love. 👍🏼I probably wont add anything new, except that I can see why Kabir will not be Nia's first choice.

Anonymity has brought the best out of Nia-Randeep and BawraMan-NoDramaPlease relationships. When these women met men with no tags attached to them, they were able to open up. None of the pressures existed and they showed them that side which they hide from the world. Nia even fell for her dad!

As much as I enjoyed Anurag when he was 1st introduced, I have started to see why Guneet would feel suffocated in a relationship with him. Much like Nia doesnt feel the space with Kabir. Her intuition about not going to America was actually spot on. She knew her family dynamics well enough.

Ambar and kabir's relationship works when Nia is not part of that conversation. Kabir is a great guy for someone who doesnt mind some inequality in the marriage. I dont think Nia wants that. Kabir pushes Nia and at times crosses the boundary. He is the boss/friend and should maintain that distance.

That is not to say Kabir and Anurag arent great guys. I think they are great husband material for a different kind of women looking for more traditional marriages where the woman is in a supporting role(Kabir helping Nia with the overseas role was still him making the decision for her). But not Guneet and Nia. These women, whatever their ages, are free spirits. 🤗 They are no damsel in distress. They dont need a man to define them. They know they have wings and they know how to fly. They want someone who will trust their abilities and decisions. They are looking for a saathi...not a sahara. Guneet is frustrated with her mother for the same reasons. She doesnt need a man for his money or a child. Nia probably isn't as articulate about it yet. But intuitively knows it. They dont need a hero. Any help, behind the scenes or in the forefront, makes them curl up in a ball. They know what they want and dont apologise for it.

Eagerly waiting to see how this pans out.

-DQ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: thedramaqueen

They are looking for a saathi...not a sahara

This line says it all, DQ! đŸ‘

Spot on analysis of these azad panchis! I especially loved your point about the echoes of anonymity in both stories.

Geniusreader thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I don't remember kabir pushing nia or being authorative on her. In fact he obeys Nia, n for her, he tolerates all the rude behavior of Amber.

I love kabir's character but Now over time Randeep 's charecter is also more developed.

He is the only one being guneet's supporter n friend. 

Initially we saw good conversation between Nia n Guneet. But it was all related to Nia n Amber. Nia never bothered about Guneet's sentiments. So its good guneet has a new friend.

sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

i do not know abt Nia and Kabir but i want Guneet to end up with Doctor Anurag if he is really genuine the way he is portrayed . i don't find any fault with him if i take him  to the face value. He seems to respect her.  He is not authoritative and will give her the full freedom.

Amber and Guneet can maintain good friendship but she need not be his life partner. 

columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I really loved your analysis...it made me think a lot... and I thought and thought ..and thought some more,,,and here are my thoughts...

Actually speaking, men like Kabir make the best partners for free spirits like Nia. Here is why, please bear with me, I might ramble a bit...

Nia is someone who kind of wants to be left alone, do her thing, doesn’t need a man but definitely needs a comrade in arms...Kabir currently does everything to sort of show understanding and maybe in a way be the man in the relationship...however, in his trying to be the best friend and the best person for Niya, he is growing too...he will slowly evolve to be a guy who is there for her and not a guy who just keeps announcing his presence. 

women who are free spirits don’t need caretakers but they do need nourishers....those that will nourish that free spirit and not try to box them. Eventually equality is more about balance, as Nia is a girl who knows what she wants, Kabir “grows up” to be a boy who knows what she wants too. That is the ultimate partner for today’s girl. 

Does that make sense?

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Guneet and Amber kind of relationship cannot work in real life..one can reveal their true feelings online but not true self..it's another thing to chat with a person and completely different to live with them.

ANeet still may find some connect but him and her mother cannot coexist..we saw that😆both r at a stage where they cannot mature any further..it's unrealistic..

And Guneet wants a partner who would take care of her mom..

Though m rooting for ANeet coz the actors r fab😳

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: columbia

I really loved your analysis...it made me think a lot... and I thought and thought ..and thought some more,,,and here are my thoughts...

Actually speaking, men like Kabir make the best partners for free spirits like Nia. Here is why, please bear with me, I might ramble a bit...

Nia is someone who kind of wants to be left alone, do her thing, doesn’t need a man but definitely needs a comrade in arms...Kabir currently does everything to sort of show understanding and maybe in a way be the man in the relationship...however, in his trying to be the best friend and the best person for Niya, he is growing too...he will slowly evolve to be a guy who is there for her and not a guy who just keeps announcing his presence. 

women who are free spirits don’t need caretakers but they do need nourishers....those that will nourish that free spirit and not try to box them. Eventually equality is more about balance, as Nia is a girl who knows what she wants, Kabir “grows up” to be a boy who knows what she wants too. That is the ultimate partner for today’s girl. 

Does that make sense?

I totally agree. No modern woman these days needs a caretaker. But no one needs a shallow drifter either. Or one wallowing in a persecution complex. While the man doesnt hv to man up to life in order to take care of the woman (like before), he now needs to man up to life to deserve her respect.

I hv noted that the writers hv been redeeming the shallow drifter lately, making him more mellow & respectful of others’ point of view. Randeep, aur kaun 😃

Edited by Bana - 4 years ago