Unpopular Opinion- Kuhu Edition - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Oh god, the writer very clearly stated in her post that - "This is not me condoning all of the things she has done so far, or praising her for all of the bad decisions she's made"

In fact the writer didn't mention anywhere that Kuhu is the 'epitome of human behavior' nor she brought Kuhu's comparison with Mishti. It's her POV & of course everbody has the right to express it.

@AreYaar   Coming this from you seems a bit odd. I mean I've read your analysis post & they used to be so on point but now reading these comments, I just feel like you couldn't see Kuhu's good side. And I wonder if you ever will...changing perception is not an easy thing. So further discussions with you on this topic will be of no use.

@aquaHP & @shelzee   Very well said. I love Mishti too but if we are speaking in favour of Kuhu, we'll be labelled as 'Kuhu defenders' & probably 'Mishti haters or opposers'. It's sad really. There are very very few people who are actually trying to understand Kuhu's perspective too. And I feel proud that we 'Kuhu defenders' don't deny the FACT that Kuhu is flawed & has done so many wrong things. Also we don't support her for her misdoings. If someone thinks that we are trying to defend or justify her character, let it be.

@TM   you were right when you wrote "this might make some people mad" 😆

Originally posted by AreYaar

So? Was Nishant the only one hurt in that situation? Didn’t Mishti go through a lot of pain and regret too? But it’s justified for Kuhu to only feel her brother’s pain and rant at Mishtu in a venomous fashion? This to me is clearly selective empathy only. Nishant is the one who was supposedly “dumped” by Mishti but Kuhu still managed to make the whole thing about Mishti ruined HER happiness.....and still people justify that. Waah. Lol 

Anyways, you are clearly not getting my point so I suppose there is no point discussing this further. Please enjoy Kuhu as per your perception of “unpopular opinion”. It’s clearly not worth trying to have rational discussions on this topic here. 

Nobody said he was the "only" one hurt. And I never said Kuhu's behaviour was justified. Justifying and understanding are 2 completely different things. Nobody on this forum or anywhere else has ever justified bad behaviour on Kuhu's part. We've only ever said that we understand her motivations for doing the things that she has done but no one has said that they were right. That is what we mean by the "human behaviour" and "realistic growth" which has been used over and over again.

We totally get where Mishti was coming from and her mistakes and positives were also discussed when they were being and the same goes for Nishant and other characters. This thread was never made to justify her actions. It was made to understand the layers in her character. 

And I think I did get your point but what you're saying hasn't happened. And I don't know what you mean by rational discussion. Isn't this rational? I do hope you're not taking this like a fight because I haven't been. I was just trying to explain my POV. 

Frankly speaking, I really want the both of them to have a full on fight and discuss everything so that we get to see some sister bonding after that. I would love to see them both being each other's strength.

Originally posted by AnOptimist

@AreYaar   Coming this from you seems a bit odd. I mean I've read your analysis post & they used to be so on point but now reading these comments, I just feel like you couldn't see Kuhu's good side. And I wonder if you ever will...changing perception is not an easy thing. So further discussions with you on this topic will be of no use.

I’m sorry, who are you who claims to know me and my analysis? 😕 I’m not obligated to follow what your perception of “on point” is so kindly spare me the sanctimony. 

I’m not interested in discussing this further with closed minds here either. Peace out. 

Originally posted by aquaHP

Nobody said he was the "only" one hurt. And I never said Kuhu's behaviour was justified. Justifying and understanding are 2 completely different things. Nobody on this forum or anywhere else has ever justified bad behaviour on Kuhu's part. We've only ever said that we understand her motivations for doing the things that she has done but no one has said that they were right. That is what we mean by the "human behaviour" and "realistic growth" which has been used over and over again.

We totally get where Mishti was coming from and her mistakes and positives were also discussed when they were being and the same goes for Nishant and other characters. This thread was never made to justify her actions. It was made to understand the layers in her character. 

And I think I did get your point but what you're saying hasn't happened. And I don't know what you mean by rational discussion. Isn't this rational? I do hope you're not taking this like a fight because I haven't been. I was just trying to explain my POV. 

Frankly speaking, I really want the both of them to have a full on fight and discuss everything so that we get to see some sister bonding after that. I would love to see them both being each other's strength.

This will be final reply in this thread.

@bold: Understanding “layers” to a character requires objective analysis....not sweeping statements like “character with most growth” and “‘most human character”....I see none of that objectivity here. You are all welcome to try to understand Kuhu and her motivations but when you do it at the cost of downplaying the impact of her words and actions, you aren’t really analyzing any actual layers to her character, but instead shortchanging her. 

True growth requires acknowledgement of flaws and actions....understanding of motivations  is good but one has to be careful in crossing the line to justification of extreme behavior. Constantly twisting every wrong action into “poor Kuhu” doesn’t do her any favors. She has a long way to go for any real growth. And I don’t hold anything against her actually achieving that someday in the story but she is definitely not there yet IMO. 

Anyways, happy viewing to you. 

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago

She is definitely not there yet. We all know that. And according to the new promo, she might be going down a rabbit hole. And no one has crossed the line you're talking about. I don't get why you're so upset about this discussion. There have been discussions on the mean things she has done too. We've discussed both sides of the story, just not in the same thread maybe.

Hi Meera. Thank you for writing this. I agree with mostly what you said. It is but natural for a human being to have all sorts of emotions and being jealous is one of them. Kuhu is a character which was flawed since day 1. For me, the wedding night where Kunal breaks her heart was the moment which made me connect to her character. I loved how she put up a happy couple act in front of everyone but was stern with Kunal. She had hope for a redeemed Kunal but it was shattered with the divorce papers. 

Post leap there has been a tremendous change in her character which made more people relate to her. She kept it #separate, focused on her career, kept her self esteem, gave enough time for the family to settle down after Mishti left to London, still kept Kunal away and didn't expect anything from him. The hospital scene was the first time we saw an emotional Kuhu having 1% hope that someone she loves/loved at least show little concern for her. After the misunderstanding it is but natural for her to lock her feelings.

We have always seen Kuhu fight for her family and always kept her family's happiness above everybody else - though many times that family didn't include Mishti. But during the Nannu track she did try to keep her happy and did try to make sure she was taking the right decision. I've already said this in some post that her anger in "this" situation was justified as even after coaxing Mishti to re-think about her decision to marry Nannu she assured her and everyone that she will still marry Nannu. This, is again a natural human emotion. Mishti was confused and she didn't realize how it would have been losing Abir. She was overburdened with family pressure. I applaude Mishti for being strong and coming out in front of everyobody that she loved and will always love Abir. But in a way Kuhu felt she was cheated/misinformed and she felt helpless coz she couldn't protect her brother from the damage.

And even now in the latest episodes when she wants to hear about her relation something happens which makes Kunal or everyone else focus on Mihsti and Abir. That is very very natural for a person to feel left out. It doesn't mean that person is a bad person or a loser. 

I just hope Kunal lets her know how he feels like and gives her back the love she gave to him and his family. 

Originally posted by journalgirl321

So in conclusion, yes, Kuhu is jealous of Mishti. One hundred percent. I'm not even denying it. But just ask yourself, wouldn't you be jealous too? Isn't it basic human nature to crave attention? To crave love? And when the one person you've known for the longest time and is close to you has all of those things and more without having to even try, wouldn't you feel envious of that?

This is a great analysis! I really enjoyed following the further discussion on the thread as well! 👏

I would call what Kuhu's feeling resentment rather than jealousy, though. Jealously is literally wanting what the other person has, and Kuhu, for the most part, has always wanted very different things from Mishti. She simply resents the fact that Mishti's needs and problems always seem to eat into what Kuhu sees as her fair share of attention, respect, and support. It hurt even more when Mishti's needs ate into Nishant's fair share as well. For the most part, Kuhu tries to hold this bitterness in for the peace of the family but when Mishti triggers her anger (say by opening mail that's not addressed to her), this resentment comes bursting out. 

Edited by Samanalyse - 4 years ago

Double post, sorry! 

Edited by Samanalyse - 4 years ago

I think Kuhu's anger is misguided..  The problem is with the writers..  They never really delved deeper into the character..  It's sad because Kuhu and Kunal do have potential..  The actors are also very good... And the potential should be explored by exploring the character and their thought processes and  not by taking the regular, easy route like that of Nishant where you take the character to extreme,  justify it too then one fine day make him realise him that oh he was wrong,  whitewash him and let him go.. 😕

The thing is that I really don't see Kuhu's interest getting compromised except that when Kunal's rishta was shifted to Mishti..  However,  even there no one could guess that Kuhu could end up liking someone deeply in one day..  🤓

I do see Varsha prioritising Kuhu just like Badi Maa prioritises Mishti..  Any parent would do that..  I have not seen Varsha that  compromising when it comes to Kuhu...  In fact she is concerned about Kuhu's interest rather than Mishti..  So if Mishti is getting some attention from Badi Maa and Bade Papa whom she calls her as parents,  I think it's unfair on Kuhu's part to feel resentment towards that.. 

Mishti has had her own tunnels to paas and it cannot be unnoticed..  I have seen her interests getting compromised too at times due to her own over thinking nature and sometime due to family's unseen emotional pressures ..  Look at Jasmeet..  In the last to last episode,  she was telling Varsha that BP and BM one day suddenly brought Mishti home and they had to accept and stranger suddenly.. They had to be even cautious about what to speak and what not to speak..  Is it really true..?  Have they really been cautious? Which also poses the question about if Kuhu's assumption of Mishti getting everything in free fund also true?  What I am trying to say is that as writers they have not done a really good job at explaining on how exactly Kuhu's interests got sidelined.. They could have done that better without turning Kuhu so rude at times...  They could not draw a fine line between argument and insensitivity.... 

As for Nishant interest,  I really don't know what to say..  I found the whole clan hilarious in that scenario including Mishti😈...  Neither could I understand Mishti's POV on why she thought that getting married was the way to repay the debt of her family..🤪  Nor could I understand what made family go on full dancing for this marriage when it was written with capital letters on Mishti's face that she is suffocating with this marriage...  In my opinion,  in this situation Nishant's interest was bound get compromised..  It's like tiger is standing in front of you and you close your eyes thinking tiger will not eat you up because u can't see it..  Everyone in Maheshwari gang did that,  from Mishti to Kuhu to BP..  😆

However one thing I definitely agree that the most growth Kuhu has showed was in these months after she accepted her divorce truth..  It actually showed what Kuhu,  the character is capable of -  maturity and acceptance of reality...  Something that is not highlighted when she is with Mishti..  I definitely agree that what Kuhu needs is someone with whom she can talk.. Talk about her insecurities; rational or irrational, without thinking about anything,  talk about herself...  And the best person I can think off is Kunal...  Also Abir can play his part...  Brothers can actually bridge the gap between sisters..  But for that even Kunal has to sit and listen..  Listening has been less of an attribute of Kunal... A recent scene where she was expecting Kunal to speak up something about them,  as they  are soon getting divorced,  but kunal remains happily  lost in Abir's newly sorted life,  completely forgetting about about the separation,  was a scene that was well done..  This kind of scene does justice to her narrative about her being neglected ... And that too when Kunal literally used her for his own agenda of separating Mishbir..  However,  today Mishti and Abir are getting married, Kunal is happy but Kuhu is getting deserted after being used..  I don't think she was also expecting Kunal to say that he does not want divorce or say he has madly fallen in love with her.. She just wanted him to say 'something'  just 'something' .. But she does not even get that..  Few words of consideration... Whom to tell all this? Someone has to be there.. I strongly feel instead unloading it on Mishti,  it's better to be direct and hold Kunal responsible for what he is.. Vent it out on Kunal..  If possible on Meenu too, but then Meenu pe koi asar nahi hona hai..  Moreover she is above all universe so I am not counting her.. 😆

But the larger question is that will writers take that much of pain in in giving us her side of the story.. 

In case of Kuhu and Mishti,  what Kuhu perceives as Mishti's gain is actually the benefit Mishti gets for speaking up.. I have always felt that Mishti is a tortoise when it comes to speak up, but I can't deny that she speaks up however late it is..  In the last track too,  which I was criticising above,  at least the writes made sure that she speaks up in the end...  

Kuhu will also have to speak up on what exactly she feels..bole bina kaun sa kaam hua hai aaj tak duniya mein...   At least voice it out to someone...  There should be someone for sure to listen... This was something that the elders of the family should have observed and guided in a better way..  In fact I feel she should have sincerely shared things with Varsha..  I do see Kuhu as her priority and unlike Jasmeet, she is wise with words..   In my personal experience also, for most part in my life my parents were not understanding about my emotions... I had no other option but to get more vocal about my needs in life,  otherwise they would have forever remained delusional..  Nothing would have changed..  And trust me they are way more difficult than the Maheshwari family..  No matter how they act and react,  I can definitely say that BP, BM and Varsha will listen to Mishti and Kuhu if they speak up their minds on something..I don't know why both of them (and this goes for Mishti too) think in such convoluted way when it comes to sharing their feelings with them... Making Kuhu speak up us the only way writers can show growth in her character and actually address her emotions.. ( Reminds me of the saying,  "If you don't heel what hurts you, you will bleed on people who did not cut you"..😒 )   Otherwise, making her character go down, constantly misguide he anger on Mishti ( because not to forget both are from broken families)  and then one fine day make her realise how wrong she was and then make everyone forgive and forget is too easy route to take and I fear writers will take that.. They have actually taken that..  It depends totally on them to cash on Kuhu who has an undercurrent of love and affection but which goes unexpressed because of her unattended issues or they constantly milk it on toxicity of her language to create drama,  drama,  drama.. 

Edited by ZindagiCalling - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Samanalyse

This is a great analysis! I really enjoyed following the further discussion on the thread as well! 👏

I would call what Kuhu's feeling resentment rather than jealousy, though. Jealously is literally wanting what the other person has, and Kuhu, for the most part, has always wanted very different things from Mishti. She simply resents the fact that Mishti's needs and problems always seem to eat into what Kuhu sees as her fair share of attention, respect, and support. It hurt even more when Mishti's needs ate into Nishant's fair share as well. For the most part, Kuhu tries to hold this bitterness in for the peace of the family but when Mishti triggers her anger (say by opening mail that's not addressed to her), this resentment comes bursting out. 

Well said, I completely agree, the problem with Kuhu is that she doesnt express herself. This could be from her childhood, she thinks that if she cries about her problem everyone thinks she is whining, but when Mishti is tensed everyone is worried, which means she has seen situations like these. Her despise for Mishti has only grown and the worst part is that she spits out the anger on Mishti, I really like Kuhu's character, I dont mind the fact that she hates Mishti, you cant like everyone and thats okay. I just hope creatives dont ruin Kuhu by turning her immensely negative only to superiortize Mishti. 

Edited by lopli - 4 years ago