Why sexism & MCPs are accepted in our Indian society?

Posted: 4 years ago

First of all am not taking any names in this post but any avid Bigg Boss watcher can easily spot which contestants I am taking about.

It is 2020… it’s high time we acknowledge men and women arealike. For any developed society to work well & progress it is essential boththe sexes are working in symphony & respect one another. No gender is superiorto other but needs to value the other & have self-respect. But sadly thisyear’s Bigg Boss is a very bad microcosm of our society & represents thedirty aspects of our society. We have men on the show who has no respect for awoman, men who force themselves on woman & women he prefers to be adoormat, has no self-respect or voice of their own. I am not taking sides ofany gender, but a man who doesn’t respect a woman & a woman who doesn’t respectherself are equally detestable. In today’s world how can a self-respecting womentake repeated abuses from a psychopath & goes back to pleasure him, bafflesmy mind. And a man who cheats on a woman for another woman & forces himselfon her is equally crude.

There are men & women on audience who likes thiscontent, because it feels closer to reality. India is a patriarchal societywhere strong women seldom has no standing. Bigg Boss 13 is a classic case ofdominating strong women & showcasing doormats because it rang a bell withB/C centers of India where lot of women feel it’s okay to be beaten by theirhusbands because they provide safety nets to them. I am sure Bigg Boss encouragedlots of men to take their partners for granted, abuse them & even harmthem. The show in a subtle way “normalized” sexual misconduct in Indian societyjust like the movie Kabir Singh did.

It can be “just as show” but everything has a long lastingimpact. If a misogynist bully man wins the show it will set a wrong precedence.Lot of men will think it’s okay to abuse & beat their women. And lot ofwomen will feel it’s okay to have no self-respect. Are we ready to live in asociety which is like this? Question yourself & make correct choice of yourown future. If you want your sons & daughters to grow up in this society weneed to have better pop culture icons for them, not an Abusive Bully, not acheater, not a doormat, not a women with no self-respect.

Edited by Debamalya - 4 years ago

What u r talking that person is flag bearer of equality 😆

Originally posted by MunnaBadnamHua

All of us should be.....

Originally posted by MunnaBadnamHua

Equality which means if the girl hits, hit her back. But if she tries to be smart tell her tu gadhi hai, jab brains nahin hai to use kyon karti hai. So physical violence is fine but listening to a girls opinion is beneath his 'dignity'🤪. Loser of the 1st order 🤢

Edited by nishi5 - 4 years ago

We had some really violent contestants this season, boys ho yah girls. EK dusre ko maarte hain, gaaliyan dete hain, phir patch up kar lete hain. The fans tag it as love story and friendship. 

[/QUOTE]

My post,  6yrs back when I was single.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3838238?pn=6&pc=97264971

Am no more single and married, What I wrote above is very true, love becomes the biggest weakness.

Any person who loves his/her partner will nvr hurt him/ her, I learned it lately. Please don’t support these ‘Sid’ and ‘Paras’ kind of guys with stupid logics and meaningless discussions.

Edited by vivacious - 4 years ago

Am no more single and married, What I wrote above is very true, love becomes the biggest weakness.

My love towards my husband became my biggest weakness, he abuses me, talks shit about me and my family. He definitely loves me but he loves himself 1000000 times more than me. He treats me like a queen when everything related to him is going good, slightest discomfort in his life, am dead.

Am a CA, financially independent but I can’t dare to move out of this relationship cos I’ve a sister who is yet to get married. I fear my husband insults my family infront of the society as he is very capable of doing it. I sweat and cry blood, the doctor said hematidrosis is a rare condition, you develop it if your life is a living hell.

I nvr shared my pain to anyone, tried to distract myself. 
Even today, my husband didn’t step back to abuse me while I was vomiting blood, am done with my life. I know, it’s not wise to wash my dirty linen in public but now that I decided to commit suicide today, I felt like sharing.
Any person who loves his/her partner will nvr hurt him/ her. I learned it lately, Please don’t support these ‘Sid’ and ‘Paras’ kind of guys with stupid logics and meaningless discussions.

[/QUOTE]

What r u saying.. are you okay? Nothing is more important than your own self.

Originally posted by vivacious

My love towards my husband became my biggest weakness, he abuses me, talks shit about me and my family. He definitely loves me but he loves himself 1000000 times more than me. He treats me like a queen when everything related to him is going good, slightest discomfort in his life, am dead.

Am a CA, financially independent but I can’t dare to move out of this relationship cos I’ve a sister who is yet to get married. I fear my husband insults my family infront of the society as he is very capable of doing it. I sweat and cry blood, the doctor said hematidrosis is a rare condition, you develop it if your life is a living hell.

I nvr shared my pain to anyone, tried to distract myself. 
Even today, my husband didn’t step back to abuse me while I was vomiting blood, am done with my life. I know, it’s not wise to wash my dirty linen in public but now that I decided to commit suicide today, I felt like sharing.
Any person who loves his/her partner will nvr hurt him/ her. I learned it lately, Please don’t support these ‘Sid’ and ‘Paras’ kind of guys with stupid logics and meaningless discussions.

Every woman has power within her. We have survived a long history of oppression, being relegated to the margins time and again. The fact that we are here now, expressing things when it was next to impossible a few decade ago speaks about how persistent we are. 

There will be a lot of times when our conditioning will influence our thoughts, actions, behaviour, decisions and so much much more. We might see these bullies as misunderstood men or flawed but real individuals. But what matters is how strong our core is, while dealing with these type of men in real life.

You are stronger than most. Let's not give in to the ugly and twisted mentality of the society. Let's write and rewrite an epic of our own. More power to you! 

Originally posted by Debamalya

Asim didnt kiss Himanshi. ididnt see it. Himanshi came back after her breakup so no cheating here.

But all this not even close to sexual abuse or cheating or having no self respect.

He kissed her multiple times. And on her neck too during her first stay in the house.

Edited by hira221 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by hira221

He kissed her multiple times. And on her neck too during her first stay in the house.

Lets not trivialise an important topic just to bash Asim yu have so many other topics on that, Salman Khan is doing that for you all... you know in your heart, Asim's things are not comparabe woth what Shukla Paras Sana done on the show.