Posted: 4 years ago

Alaya reveals that before Sara and Janhvi made their debut, she used to take pride in having more social media followers than them. However, things changed after their movies were announced. 

She continues with the story as she says, β€œAnd this is back to when 50000 followers was a big deal, and I had them. I used to feel yeah, I have the most number of followers from that slot you know. Cut to Dhadak was announced and Janhvi made her account public, and overnight she had like 500 thousand followers, cut to Sara's debut and her following went up. And, I was like, β€˜what, I put in so much effort in this.’ 

β€œAnd then I realized it's so stupid, it's always changing. People buy followers, and social media is very overrated” she concludes. 

Damn. To quote another intellectual film personality, GUTSSSSS. πŸ˜†

Is she trying to give KJo whiplash? πŸ˜†  One minute she’s getting good reviews for her debut and KJo wants her, next minute she’s criticizing one of KJo’s favorites and he’s probably like 😀.  

Priya prakash warrior ke 4 million badhe the. Sara and Janhavi toh phir bhi starkids hai. Movie announce hui hoti hai. Buy karne ki zaroorat nhi, debut se pehle inke naam ke 4-5 fake profile and fan clubs hote hai each with few thousand followers. 

ye followers to aise seriously bolte hai ki kal ko ye awaaz de to followers sadak pe utar aaye.... Its just one tap.πŸ˜† shud make iota difference

I honestly can't wait her to see how her career goes from Jawaani Janeman. It takes talent to make your presence felt in a frame that has Saif, Tabu, Kumud Mishra and Farida Jalaal in it. She was amazing! My fav debut performance so far!

Sach.

They buy likes and views too.

I like Alaya as a debutant. But she sounds very bitter towards her contemporaries as well as a little insecure too. In another interview Alaya was openly admitting that she has better answer on nepotism compared to the other star kids. And now commenting on Sara and Jhanvi's insta followers. If it's really easy to buy followers, then why not to buy followers for her own account too?

Rather than 'indirectly attacking' her contemporaries, she should focus on her crafts instead. It seems like Alaya has inherited portion of arrogance from her mother. Still can't get over Pooja Bedi's tweet when Pooja's dad married for the thrice time on 2016. Back then Pooja openly called her new step-mom as 'an evil witch' and later on deleted it.

Ye kaheen is generation ki kangana na ban jaaye - let your talent speak and avoid talking about others πŸ˜†

She sounds a bit shallow in this article, to care sooo much about followers and how her contemporaries are faring. well looks like she probably has moved on from it, now that she is busy with actual work