•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Just an observation I felt like sharing and would welcome my dear forum mates to pour in their thoughts on this. 

So I have been wondering where do these 2 triangles lead us. I mean Amber- Gunu-Anurag and 2nd one being Kabir- Niya- Randeep. I felt a strange similarity in all these characters.

1. Amber, Randeep: Their imperfections. They r flawed characters. They don’t shy away from who they r and r open to their flaws...infact pride owners of their attitude or beliefs. 😆

2. Niya, Gunu: They r sensible. They r caring, expressive, not shy and yearn for affection. 😎

3. Kabir, Anurag: The Perfectionists. They r matured , honest, protective guys...accepting others flaws including their own, willing to adjust and accommodate according to their partners. They r the ones anyone would desire for...the kind of affection, attention and respect they shower on their partners. 

So what happens when such characters get stuck in a triangular web...Though Niya and Gunu have differences with Randeep and Amber respectively, these r the guys they get drawn to, aware or unaware...its their imperfections which catch their attention...how crazy isn’t it?

Here v have Anurag, Kabir kind of guys who r picture perfect and V even feel they r the ones who might fit into the missing pieces of lives of Gunu and Niya perfectly...But there still seems to be hesitation in both Gunu and Niya in accepting Anurag and Kabir...The girls seem to know they r perfect too but there is strange attraction for the unknown, for the imperfections. 

Considering the way these characters r etched, it looks very much a parallel track of both generations running on the same track.

Is it just me who felt a strange connection in their characters or anyone else who feels the same? 

Edited by allizzwell - 4 years ago

While I love this show otherwise, what I can't digest right now is Guneet falling for no drama please.  I mean, WE know that no drama please is Amber, Guneet does not.  No drama please(online personality) is very different from Amber( Real life person) as well.  On the other hand Anurag is an actual person with whom she has interacted in real life, talked to him, spent some time with him.  Not feeling chemistry or spark with anurag right now, only after 3-4 meetings is fine but her relationship with no drama please (someone she decided to never meet) having influence over real life relationship is a bit of a stretch. Especially given she was previously fooled by a guy she met online. It will be highly unrealistic in my opinion if Guneet dumps Anurag for no drama please, or even for Amber (with his current behavior).

No it’s not a stretch to fall for someone online

When you take away the physical aspects of a relationship your left to bond on an emotional /intellectual and mental level. As this person can’t see you and judge you, you can talk to the person and pretty much say what’s on your mind. 

Guneet and Amber talk their heart out because initially there was no chance in them meeting ...that’s why it sometimes easier to talk to a stranger cause they have no insight into your past and will probably not be a part of your future ..they are there in that present moment where you can be yourself 

I totally agree with your reading of the two triangles, and what makes it even more interesting is the layering of the various relationships between the characters. Of course the baap-beti bond is the foundation of the show, Guneet sees a younger version of herself in Nia (why she is so eager to help her get Ambar his own life), Randeep and Ambar have their own equation separate from Nia, with Randeep not being afraid of Ambar and enjoying his sense of humour and Ambar catching a glimpse of how Randeep is also fighting his own battles (very excited to see this grow!), and finally, even Guneet and Randeep have their beautiful friendship. 

I think more than the imperfections themselves, it's the complete honesty about them and lack of any ulterior motive that attracts Nia and Guneet to Randeep and Ambar. This is partly thanks to circumstances and partly thanks to who these guys are. On the other hand, Kabir and Anurag are more in impress-mode with their respective ladies. Both of them approach their interactions with very clear intentions of ending up with these women and so deliberately put their best foot forward.

In Guneet's case, Anurag is doing and saying everything right, so she is getting to a point where there is no reason to say no, but because he is so sorted and prepared when he presents himself to her, she hasn't been able to make a deeper connection with him, and so there isn't really a reason to say a definitive yes either. With Ambar/NDP on the other hand, there has been a mutual sharing of their deepest fears, hopes, and vulnerabilities and they have helped each other through some very difficult, emotional situations. We are yet to see how Anurag reacts in a less than ideal/curated situation, and I think not having that kind of intimate knowledge about him is what keeps nagging at Guneet as well. 

In Nia's case, what's interesting is that she isn't looking for love or romance at all at this point in time. Until Randeep came along, this explanation worked for both her and Kabir -- he figured, the moment she is ready, I'll be her first choice. But here we have a situation where even though it's not the right time, and even though he's "the enemy's son," and even though she knows she could upset her dad and her best friend if she admitted her feelings for him, Nia can't help but think about Randeep all the time and wonder if she's fallen in love. Kabir now has to deal with the possibility that maybe it wasn't about her being ready or not, she just doesn't feel that way about him

I have to admit, I'm a little biased against a potential Nia-Kabir relationship because believe that romance doesn't mix well with existing power dynamics, especially for women. Kabir is very comfortable in that mentor position for Nia and he struggles when she deviates from his plans for her. Nia is young and upcoming now, so she appreciates the leg up, but this equation could get very constricting as she grows personally and professionally. You can already see that tension forming between then since she chose not to go back to LA. and Kabir veered into the dangerous territory of, "I did so much for you and you're being ungrateful." Again, a problem because of the power dynamic -- Nia didn't ask for the help but she is held accountable for it. This plays out in their personal equation as well; Kabir tries to make nice with Ambar because he sees it as lightening Nia's load and helping her. Ambar sees right through this which is why he never quite lets his guard down around Kabir. 

None of this means that Kabir isn't a nice guy -- one of the best things about this show is that all the characters are super sweet and relatable -- I just don't see much potential for a long term relationship between him and Nia. That said, for fear of losing her friend, Nia is not giving him the space he needs to come to terms with the fact that she doesn't reciprocate his feelings. Kabir is a really, really good friend to her but part of that is him holding out hope that they'll be together. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts/processes it if she does accept her feelings for Randeep. 

Fab analyses, Allizzwell & Samanalyse - take a bow 👌👏

Reading your takes on the characters & connections was almost as interesting as watching the show 😊

Keep them coming!

Originally posted by Samanalyse

I totally agree with your reading of the two triangles, and what makes it even more interesting is the layering of the various relationships between the characters. Of course the baap-beti bond is the foundation of the show, Guneet sees a younger version of herself in Nia (why she is so eager to help her get Ambar his own life), Randeep and Ambar have their own equation separate from Nia, with Randeep not being afraid of Ambar and enjoying his sense of humour and Ambar catching a glimpse of how Randeep is also fighting his own battles (very excited to see this grow!), and finally, even Guneet and Randeep have their beautiful friendship. 

I think more than the imperfections themselves, it's the complete honesty about them and lack of any ulterior motive that attracts Nia and Guneet to Randeep and Ambar. This is partly thanks to circumstances and partly thanks to who these guys are. On the other hand, Kabir and Anurag are more in impress-mode with their respective ladies. Both of them approach their interactions with very clear intentions of ending up with these women and so deliberately put their best foot forward.

In Guneet's case, Anurag is doing and saying everything right, so she is getting to a point where there is no reason to say no, but because he is so sorted and prepared when he presents himself to her, she hasn't been able to make a deeper connection with him, and so there isn't really a reason to say a definitive yes either. With Ambar/NDP on the other hand, there has been a mutual sharing of their deepest fears, hopes, and vulnerabilities and they have helped each other through some very difficult, emotional situations. We are yet to see how Anurag reacts in a less than ideal/curated situation, and I think not having that kind of intimate knowledge about him is what keeps nagging at Guneet as well. 

In Nia's case, what's interesting is that she isn't looking for love or romance at all at this point in time. Until Randeep came along, this explanation worked for both her and Kabir -- he figured, the moment she is ready, I'll be her first choice. But here we have a situation where even though it's not the right time, and even though he's "the enemy's son," and even though she knows she could upset her dad and her best friend if she admitted her feelings for him, Nia can't help but think about Randeep all the time and wonder if she's fallen in love. Kabir now has to deal with the possibility that maybe it wasn't about her being ready or not, she just doesn't feel that way about him

I have to admit, I'm a little biased against a potential Nia-Kabir relationship because believe that romance doesn't mix well with existing power dynamics, especially for women. Kabir is very comfortable in that mentor position for Nia and he struggles when she deviates from his plans for her. Nia is young and upcoming now, so she appreciates the leg up, but this equation could get very constricting as she grows personally and professionally. You can already see that tension forming between then since she chose not to go back to LA. and Kabir veered into the dangerous territory of, "I did so much for you and you're being ungrateful." Again, a problem because of the power dynamic -- Nia didn't ask for the help but she is held accountable for it. This plays out in their personal equation as well; Kabir tries to make nice with Ambar because he sees it as lightening Nia's load and helping her. Ambar sees right through this which is why he never quite lets his guard down around Kabir. 

None of this means that Kabir isn't a nice guy -- one of the best things about this show is that all the characters are super sweet and relatable -- I just don't see much potential for a long term relationship between him and Nia. That said, for fear of losing her friend, Nia is not giving him the space he needs to come to terms with the fact that she doesn't reciprocate his feelings. Kabir is a really, really good friend to her but part of that is him holding out hope that they'll be together. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts/processes it if she does accept her feelings for Randeep. 

I love how you have put the characters into such perspective . The thing is and I think it's both a curse and a blessing of online chatting is that judgement is based on what you write and what you say instead of who you are and what you are 

The internet give us a way to communicate with each other without seeing each other , so any opinion we may have of each other on how we look is not into a equation which again gives us a freedom to be ourselves , to say exactly what we think

What Guneet and Ambar have is mutual meeting of minds of being tied through their feelings and fears . Guneet is scared of being hurt once again as she was earlier and Ambar doesn't feel that he is lucky enough to find love again .They both feel at some level that they are unworthy of attention or love and hence they find each other and connect at a very basic level

But the fact is that they are both very honest online . They don't hide their vulnerable sides and that's refreshing 

Because when we chat we can write and rewrite what we wish to convey as it's not a medium which encourages impulsiveness 

The thing we see happening again and again in the show ki both want to write something but erase it and write again something which is not dangerous 

While Nia Kabir and Randeep triangle is little more complicated because they are all interacting with each other upfront 

That triangle will need more time to mature on all sides , for the triangle to mature Nia first needs to wish to think seriously about having a relationship and maybe once she starts thinking on these lines she may consider all round characters traits of both her suitors