My thoughts on Jasmin Bhasin quitting Naagin 4 - Page 6

Posted: 4 years ago

even in the film industry the ones who have played negatives roles in the beginning have turned into big superstars n comedians.what do u say about that...even shraddha arya was playing grey characters,still ppl accepted her as an innocent girl also just like ppl accepted krystle.on tv ronit roy played only positive roles though bajaj was grey till leap.even rohit roy was typecast only in positive roles before.even sonarika was later accepted by her fans n loved her with shiv.she does positive characters.shabbr had a different image before.still he broke that image.namik was positive on kzk.but even his fans requested the cvs to turn his character into negative saying that he will rock in negative roles n now he is getting praised by non namik fans too.aditi is typecast in -ve roles.but still majority love her 4 her character heer,still she is stuck in grey characters.if we look at the no.of characters then nia has done only sweet dumb characters on tv as a lead.only her webseries showed her in a grey shade.still a few feel that her image is bold

Originally posted by Rein123

Are you asking for my opinion? If so, then I would say it would be the roles they play or are offered more frequently I.e. compare the number of positive roles they have played with the negative or grey shaded and that should help us answer this. 

This again is a subjective matter and opinions are bound to differ from person to person including those who are responsible for the casting unless you wish to assert that everyone is supposed to feel the same about what role suits an actor or actress. You see “die hard” fans of an actor or actress at the end of the day will continue praising their favourite regardless of the type of role they play and be accepting towards the change even when they aren’t doing a great job at it, but that may not be the same for viewers that are indifferent to an actress or actor. Moreover even a section of those die hard fans tend to resist the change of image, I know many, in fact Jasmin herself is an example, her fans didn’t like the fact that she’s negative or that she got sidelined and feel she is better off doing positive main lead characters even though she was doing pretty fine as a grey shade, then we had Namik who rose to fame through EDKV on Sony, when he took up the character of a ghost that was projected as a villain in EDT his fans didn’t like it and kept spamming the PH and the channel and at the end the PH changed the story to make him the hero. In fact they got sick of him getting cast in supernatural shows and prefer him playing normal human characters. It’s normal fan behavior.

Remember Sonarika? The lady who played Goddess Parvati on lifeok, she was trolled or say moral policed for wearing a bikini and posting the pics online since ppl just couldn’t get over her image of playing a goddess. And this case wasn’t even that of playing a role, but rather she was just being herself. If you got the point. So no I don’t agree with you over that breaking away or doing away with an actors image is not big deal, it is! 

The only ones who will be accepting are the ones watching the actors for the first time, that is the neutrals or the fans who support their favorite unconditionally in any type of role they play minus the resisters.

However if an actor or actress has played a balanced mix of both the type of roles frequently and with not much gap between the positives and the negatives then I guess they fall in the versatile category, I.e. they look good in any role they play which requires a hell lot of skills. Example Ronit Roy and his brother.

Edited by jasminerahul - 4 years ago

Originally posted by ratna.nanda

Unpopular opinion:jasmin was a total misfit in the show.

I'm not a hater or anything but from the initial promos and later the episodes..it was clear she lacked the aura or talent to play a naagin.not any random actor can just play a naagin to perfection. And her acting and dialogue delivery was horrible🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️.

Mouni,Addah,Surbhi jyoti,Sayantani,Anita hassnandani,..even the actor who played surbhi's younger sister in naagin 3 ..all of them were perfect as naagins.

But jasmin ..a big NO.

I was sceptical about nia too.but she proved to be a good choice and did full justice to both faces of her role...the innocent brinda and the fierce naagin  brinda.even now the writing is all over the place and absolute trash,still sayantani,nia and vj are doing their job just fine.

So if jasmin is leaving...good for the audience and the show.

Choosing jasmin to play a naagin was a bad decision..and if the cvs are correcting that mistake..good for them.

No offence to her fans..I have watched all 4 seasons of naagin ...especially naagin1 and naagin3 almost all episodes. And like many other viewers of the franchisee..I can see clearly when an actor is a total misfit in the show.

Lmao of Jasmine is way better than that fake plastic no talent nia who only good for exposing her self.

Originally posted by jasminerahul

even in the film industry the ones who have played negatives roles in the beginning have turned into big superstars n comedians.what do u say about that...even shraddha arya was playing grey characters,still ppl accepted her as an innocent girl also just like ppl accepted krystle.on tv ronit roy played only positive roles though bajaj was grey till leap.even rohit roy was typecast only in positive roles before.even sonarika was later accepted by her fans n loved her with shiv.she does positive characters.shabbr had a different image before.still he broke that image.namik was positive on kzk.but even his fans requested the cvs to turn his character into negative saying that he will rock in negative roles n now he is getting praised by non namik fans too.aditi is typecast in -ve roles.but still majority love her 4 her character heer,still she is stuck in grey characters.if we look at the no.of characters then nia has done only sweet dumb characters on tv as a lead.only her webseries showed her in a grey shade.still a few feel that her image is bold

Dude, I don’t watch comedians since comedy is not really my thing. So I am not in a position to answer that. 

Yes I agree Shraddha arya has played negative characters before especially in that show opposite nikita Dutta but what happened then? She was made to play a double role at the end where she was playing positive and negative characters at the same time just like Alisha Panwar.

Namik Paul has played negative aggressive character before, and for some reason as his fan yes I feel he slays in aggressive grey roles better compared to the sweet good boy type of roles. However not all his fans will agree with your statement that they wanted to see him as a negative character. And I can tell you this from my own experience where he was cast alongside another actor as lead, kawach and EDT are perfect examples. 

In KZK Namik is at the most playing a cameo role so it’s not a big deal, but if he were cast as the lead in another show then you will find us looking for positives in character even if all facts pointed towards him being the villain, that’s typical fan behavior.

About Sonarika, what do you have to say about people trolling her for wearing a bikini since according to them she played Goddess Parvati and she had to maintain that image?

Ronit Roy is a highly skilled actor that can fit into any image. He has an alternating pattern of playing all, positive negative and grey characters so he doesn’t really have an image here owing to his skills as a versatile actor.

Nia played a brat in JR and JR 2.0, grey shaded bold Arohi in IMMJ and we know how it was in twisted series. I did not find these characters sweet or innocent in any manner. I did not watch her first show, ehmbh so can’t judge her performance there, but at this point that role is probably like history by now. 

not only in dream girl,in laxmi also her character was grey.yes its his fans who want him as a negative character instead of a sweet character on kzk.not only comedians even many superstars were super villains in the beginning.what if sonarika was trolled...the same sonarika was loved in the same role n she got positive roles after that also.,most of the tv actresses who play behenji heroines wear bikini in real life.still they are always cast in sweet traditional roles on tv.arohi wasnt cunning or grey,she just tried to teach a lesson to deep yet every time surrendered to him like a fool.in jamai raja also only in the beginning she was tough,later she became very soft.but in real life nia has a bold image as she is the only actress whom we don't see with full clothes in any function.

Dude, I don’t watch comedians since comedy is not really my thing. So I am not in a position to answer that. 

Yes I agree Shraddha arya has played negative characters before especially in that show opposite nikita Dutta but what happened then? She was made to play a double role at the end where she was playing positive and negative characters at the same time just like Alisha Panwar.

Namik Paul has played negative aggressive character before, and for some reason as his fan yes I feel he slays in aggressive grey roles better compared to the sweet good boy type of roles. However not all his fans will agree with your statement that they wanted to see him as a negative character. And I can tell you this from my own experience where he was cast alongside another actor as lead, kawach and EDT are perfect examples. 

In KZK Namik is at the most playing a cameo role so it’s not a big deal, but if he were cast as the lead in another show then you will find us looking for positives in character even if all facts pointed towards him being the villain, that’s typical fan behavior.

About Sonarika, what do you have to say about people trolling her for wearing a bikini since according to them she played Goddess Parvati and she had to maintain that image?

Ronit Roy is a highly skilled actor that can fit into any image. He has an alternating pattern of playing all, positive negative and grey characters so he doesn’t really have an image here owing to his skills as a versatile actor.

Nia played a brat in JR and JR 2.0, grey shaded bold Arohi in IMMJ and we know how it was in twisted series. I did not find these characters sweet or innocent in any manner. I did not watch her first show, ehmbh so can’t judge her performance there, but at this point that role is probably like history by now. 

not only in dream girl,in laxmi also her character was grey.yes its his fans who want him as a negative character instead of a sweet character on kzk.not only comedians even many superstars were super villains in the beginning.what if sonarika was trolled...the same sonarika was loved in the same role n she got positive roles after that also.,most of the tv actresses who play behenji heroines wear bikini in real life.still they are always cast in sweet traditional roles on tv.arohi wasnt cunning or grey,she just tried to teach a lesson to deep yet every time surrendered to him like a fool.in jamai raja also only in the beginning she was tough,later she became very soft.but in real life nia has a bold image as she is the only actress whom we don't see with full clothes in any function.

And don’t forget her in paakhi 

I am his fan and i don’t want him as negative. Grey is still fine but negative, no sorry I don’t accept it. 

Yes Sonarika got positive roles, but the point is she had a very strong image of playing a Goddess and that obviously did not go well with her followers. 

Most of the tv actresses do wear bikinis but they did not play a Goddess hence they didn’t get trolled.

Even today Mohit Raina is remembered for his role as Mahadev, yes he played other characters but I don’t find any of them as prominent as his role in DKDM

Yes she wasn’t grey, but a bit too bold for teaching him a lesson, to a point the viewers weren’t able to accept the change in her sudden image change, you could say it was the Alisha factor but it doesn’t change much. Overall the point is the sweet innocent girl role just doesn’t match with her past record and recent image.

Edited by Rein123 - 4 years ago

but before pakhi shraddha was doing grey characters.namik fans even messages him on social network to remain as bad bcz they prefer him as negative in kzk. his fans said that they don't want him as a grey character too but a black character otherwise he will be just a filler in the show.everyone admired his performance when he was introduced as a villain on kzk. shabbir had a grey image till kayamat. still people accepted him.even if sonarika is trolled we can't deny the fact that she was loved as the goddess.if you check the initial posts of naagin some people wrote that they are very happy to see nia as a sweet simple girl with full clothes on after a long time.that means still people miss the nia whom they loved in ek hazaron.alisha's arohi was very simple.but arohi lost her essence when nia became arohi because of her sexy dressing.nia wears revealing clothes in fact she is the naagin who wears revealing dress ..other naagins were not wearing such revealing clothes.

'

And don’t forget her in paakhi 

I am his fan and i don’t want him as negative. Grey is still fine but negative, no sorry I don’t accept it. 

Yes Sonarika got positive roles, but the point is she had a very strong image of playing a Goddess and that obviously did not go well with her followers. 

Most of the tv actresses do wear bikinis but they did not play a Goddess hence they didn’t get trolled.

Even today Mohit Raina is remembered for his role as Mahadev, yes he played other characters but I don’t find any of them as prominent as his role in DKDM

Yes she wasn’t grey, but a bit too bold for teaching him a lesson, to a point the viewers weren’t able to accept the change in her sudden image change, you could say it was the Alisha factor but it doesn’t change much. Overall the point is the sweet innocent girl role just doesn’t match with her past record and recent image.

but before pakhi shraddha was doing grey characters.namik fans even messages him on social network to remain as bad bcz they prefer him as negative in kzk. his fans said that they don't want him as a grey character too but a black character otherwise he will be just a filler in the show.everyone admired his performance when he was introduced as a villain on kzk. shabbir had a grey image till kayamat. still people accepted him.even if sonarika is trolled we can't deny the fact that she was loved as the goddess.if you check the initial posts of naagin some people wrote that they are very happy to see nia as a sweet simple girl with full clothes on after a long time.that means still people miss the nia whom they loved in ek hazaron.alisha's arohi was very simple.but arohi lost her essence when nia became arohi because of her sexy dressing.nia wears revealing clothes in fact she is the naagin who wears revealing dress ..other naagins were not wearing such revealing clothes.

'

@bold obviously, you can’t cast him and then expect him to play a filler positive character when he is very skilled at playing grey and darker roles. 

However in KZK turning him negative is mostly because we don’t want his talent as an actor to get wasted doing a filler role hence negative is still better. Frankly since i like him, I am okay if he chooses to play a negative role and would support his decision regardless but I prefer him in grey shades like that of Shravan and Shiv, that is the kind of role he excels in and that is what I wish to see him do again.  As Angad Jindal too he played grey shades or negative shades in between when he was possessed. However the point is I am his fan. So I know how I feel about the  kind of roles he takes up. Non fans who are seeing him for the first time may also accept him in a negative role, while haters will always find reasons to insult him, and there will be people who have watched Namik in the past but are neutral to him resisting the change in casting.

@red you don’t seem to understand what I said, yes she was loved as a Goddess however her image as a goddess was really strong hence she got trolled post her exit for posting that image of hers.

@purple which is why it doesn’t feel like naagin at all. Feels like I’m watching something else instead. 

Edited by Rein123 - 4 years ago

anyways her offscreen image did not affect her Goddess character n fame. that's important.zain n vikram chauhan also do both negative n positive.like many people say i also think because of the sexy image only nia was cast as the naagin as they want a sexy bold grey naagin.though I am not a nia fan I liked her in her naagin avtar. but jasmin is prettier than nia

@bold obviously, you can’t cast him and then expect him to play a filler positive character when he is very skilled at playing grey and darker roles. 

However in KZK turning him negative is mostly because we don’t want his talent as an actor to get wasted doing a filler role hence negative is still better. Frankly since i like him, I am okay if he chooses to play a negative role and would support his decision regardless but I prefer him in grey shades like that of Shravan and Shiv, that is the kind of role he excels in and that is what I wish to see him do again.  As Angad Jindal too he played grey shades or negative shades in between when he was possessed. However the point is I am his fan. So I know how I feel about the  kind of roles he takes up. Non fans who are seeing him for the first time may also accept him in a negative role, while haters will always find reasons to insult him, and there will be people who have watched Namik in the past but are neutral to him resisting the change in casting.

@red you don’t seem to understand what I said, yes she was loved as a Goddess however her image as a goddess was really strong hence she got trolled post her exit for posting that image of hers.

@purple which is why it doesn’t feel like naagin at all. Feels like I’m watching something else instead. 

Originally posted by Para-shi

The most unfair 😭

Why bcz she was being loved by us viewers we were requesting for her positive role and New Hero to give screen space n lovestory 

Makers were scared of her out shining brinda n brindev 😭

I hate you makers I wont forgive u 😭 Bye bye Curse on Naagin4 

ur reason is too lame dear..In this time none of the actors matters..they can bring in anyone to make anything work out..dont bring brinda unnecessarily inside.she is the lead of this story..so something has happened .try to accept it or just quit the show..but out of assumptions dont try to make brinda the scape goat..