Malang fair start(15-20%), Shikara poor(5%)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Link: https://boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=5897

Malang had a fair start of around 15-20% but considering the zone of the film it had to open better as films in this genre do not show mega jumps over the weekend. The problem lies in the cast as you need a bigger male star for films of the genre and the cost is high also for a film of this cast.

The concept films can score with almost any actor as long as the film is good and entertaining but the films which border on the action zone need a male actor who has some sort of draw.  Basically the opening is fair if you look at the face value but it may not be enough for the film unless it can really show big growth over the weekend. An action / thriller film needing growth over the weekend is not the best position to be in.

The other release Shikara had a dull opening of 5% and the only thing of note in this film was it had James Cameron who made Hollywood blockbusters like Titanic and Avtar endorsing the film by calling it a masterpiece in one of its trailers. Now this is probably a stunt to get some attention and these things never work but if actually James Cameron thinks this film is a masterpiece then all we can hope is that he just THINKS and does not get INSPIRED from Shikara to put some elements of this film into his next film.

There were a couple of other releases like Hacked, Kaanchli  Life In A Slough, Taanashah and Yahan Sab Gyani Hain but they could not find  any audience due to no awareness.

Even a fair start for Malang is like a big win ..At least it has some foundation to grow now otherwise ARK starrers are usually dead on arrival .I guess Disha Patani power here 😎

Originally posted by Elvis12

Even a fair start for Malang is like a big win ..At least it has some foundation to grow now otherwise ARK starrers are usually dead on arrival .I guess Disha Patani power here 😎

Disha hi toh hain, warna hai hi kya as a pulling factor.

15% fair hai only because Bhushy's bribe. 

It is generally a poor opening.

And glad that pseudo secular Shikara is flopping, it is sad that we have to depend on shit directors Vivek Agnihotri to show the reality.

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

And glad that pseudo secular Shikara is flopping, it is sad that we have to depend on shit directors Vivek Agnihotri to show the reality.

I m surprised because i thought the trailer was not bad. The film blamed America for genocide and how ridiculous is that!!!!!! 

Originally posted by Her-mion-e

I m surprised because i thought the trailer was not bad. The film blamed America for genocide and how ridiculous is that!!!!!! 

maine toh trailer ke time pe bola tha this will be a pseudo secular movie where reality won't be shown. Aur yeh VVC se umeed bhi kiya kar sakte hain.  And obviously uski biwi aur uske team ke fake liberals aur convenience feminists will not review this.