Yeh Rishtey Hai Pyaar Ke

MishBir: Entwined Eternally|Ch17: Pg22 - Page 3

ShenzK thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

This content was originally posted by: lovelycolour

Waiting for their first official meeting. And very well written . Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much! Their first official meeting should be up by tomorrow or day after at max. I am eager to know how the reactions for that one would be. 

Thanks once again!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mii5 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: ShenzK

Hola everyone! 

I had a few work commitments for yesterday which made it extremely difficult to update this yesterday. Anyways, here's the installment. Hope you all enjoy!

--

Chapter Two: The naked back

Mishti gazed around looking at the people chatting among themselves. She could hear the beats of the music in the far background and the faint chattering of the groups of people around. 'Hush,' she sighed. Such a hectic environment it seemed to be. Wedding functions brought up mixed emotions in her heart. Marriages are not just an association among the two people who tie knots willing to spend their entire lives together but between the two families involved. Mishti wholeheartedly agreed to this concept. It was something that signified the importance of marriage. However, on such auspicious occasion there were people who loved to poke fun at others. Many enjoyed at the expense of other peoples' lives. And that's exactly why Mishti despised attending such wedding functions for. Now she was going to be facing all of it till all of the wedding functions last.

Even though there weren't many people whom Mishti regarded as important, the groom was one of them. 'Why did he have to get married so soon,' she couldn't help but complain in her mind. Unfortunately, the groom who happened to be her best friend, Sameer had found his Ms. Right. 

Letting out a heavy breath, Mishti walked in, 'This better get over soon.' 

"Arrey, Mishti beta," she heard Sameer's mother calling out for her from the other end of the hallway in a room. Giving her a small smile in acknowledgement, Mishti padded her way towards her. "Quickly tell me which one would suit better on Nisha, I am so confused," she started off as soon as Mishti was only five steps away from her. She was holding two sets of lehenga for her to look at. And just like that Mishti was bombarded with dozens of choices to make for Nisha. Thankfully, she knew the girl enough to know her taste and style to make the right decision. 

After sometime, Mishti was finally relieved of her duties as the selector and set free. Though that didn't mean she could breathe in peace. Just as she moved out of the room, she met a bunch of middle-aged women. Even though they had bright smiles on their faces, their eyes reflected the opposite. "Mishti," one of them called out surprisingly. 

"Oh, it's really you?" The lady scanned Mishti from head to toe and exclaimed, "Goodness, you have grown up." No matter how much Mishti wished to ignore the hint of mockery in the statement, she couldn't help but detect it. It wasn't that they had come across Mishti after ages. They had met barely a few months ago. 

"Now even Sameer is getting married, when are you planning to?" one of them asked. 

"It's not like you will be getting any younger," another one of them added. 

Mishti controlled her urge to roll her eyes at them she was barely twenty-six years old. Thus, before she would lose her temper in front of these gossip aunties, she planned to escape. "Actually aunty, I have something really important to deal with, I will talk to you all later. Yeah, bye," and with that she dashed out of there. 

Taking the stairs, she only had one person to blame at this moment. Without knocking onto the door, she pushed it open and cried out in frustration, "How could you do this to me, Sam?"

However, the sight in front of her left her dumbfounded. Her throat dried up and her eyes widened in utter shock. 'What the -' She was certain that she had entered the right room but surprisingly the one in front of her wasn't Sameer. Instead her eyes landed onto the naked back of a man who stood in front of the dresser. Though that wasn't the only thing that left her surprised.

The man heard the accusation in the voice that came from the door. Raising his head, he looked into the direction of the door through the mirror. His eyes were cold and face was stoic. The moment his eyes met with intruder's, he looked displeased. 

--

Hope this was upto the mark. Please do let me know your thought and don't hesitate to put down constructive criticism either. Your inputs are what matters to me. 

Just to put it out there, even though I plan to keep this light, fluff and fun, it would be seasoned with a tad bit of intensity. 

Also, I will be taking sometime to build the stage initially but once it's done, the pace is pretty much going to either be normal or fast. I am not the one who likes to drag a story unnecessarily.

Thanks!

Stay Happy, Stay at home and stay safe!

Nicely written!!

Thank you..... Waiting for next!

ShenzK thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Mii5

Nicely written!!

Thank you..... Waiting for next!

Thanks a lot. It's coming up shortly. 

ShenzK thumbnail

Chapter Three: Meet your Mr. Perfect

He stared at her dumbstruck face and he couldn't help but scowl. After having been through his fair share of accidental run down, he had grown immune to the annoying flies around. It wasn't the first and surely won't be the last. He could see through the tricks and had his ways to deal. Right now, however, he didn't have the patience to go through this. Without much thought, he barked, "Out."

Her shamelessly eyes trailed onto the length of his body but as soon as his voice reached her ears, it was as though it had knocked onto her numb brain and she stared back at the pair of fierce eyes. She would have appreciated the beauty in front of her eyes when she realized where she stood. Looking around, she saw the room that she was familiar with. Scattered across were the things that she recognized. Surely Sameer's, she thought pointedly. This was her best friend's room and not his. 

Narrowing her eyes at his reflection, she frowned, 'Who did he think he was to order her around?' Unaware of the danger that could eat her alive, she stood her ground while he was growing annoyed. He was loosing the last bits of his patience and just then, the adjacent door creaked open. 

With a towel wrapped around his hips, Sameer appeared straight out of the shower. He had another towel in his hand as he rubbed it on his head, towel drying his head. Seeing his best friend, Mishti frown, his nose scrunched up and he looked at his would be cousin-in-law, Abir who looked no better. 'Eh, what's wrong?'

"Hey, Mish!" his lips curved into a charming grin as he tried averting her attention. Her eyes snapped to Sameer and before she could gather her thoughts to reply to him, he stated, "How's my wedding preparation going on?" 

"You idiot," she scowled at him due to the reminder of the events that she had just had. That was a narrow escape but how long was she going to escape those notorious aunties and their haughty comments. She had no clue. In spite of witnessing Sameer shrink back, she glared at him, "Why the hell do you have to marry? Could you for once think what would this do to me? You are being so mean and cruel, Sameer."

Abir, who stood silently at the corner watching the drama unfold, raised his eyebrows. 'Is he cheating on Nisha?' The mere thought made his veins pop out. 'Or maybe she is just one of those clinging girls,' with that thought he decided to lean back and observe. 

Sameer, on the other hand, couldn't help but sigh, "You know, you don't mean it." He threw the towel he was drying his hair with onto the nearby chair as he helplessly pointed out. He knew her better. "No matter what anyone says, you know it's not your fault that you haven't met your perfect one yet. There's one for everyone. Believe me, when that happens, no one can dare but swallow their words. Okay?" He cautiously explained. She let put a deep breath, knowing it wasn't his fault but it always felt good to know that she had someone to rely on. 

Briefly nodding at him, she thoughtfully asked, "Since when did you become a wise man? Seems like Nisha has good influence on you!" the glint in her eyes returned as she teased. 

"Of course, she is," he wore a proud smile and dreamy eyes. "And who know's you will meet your Mr. Perfect at my wedding itself," he said as an after thought to which she couldn't help but roll her eyes. 'Sure, I will,' she thought, unaware how true his words were.

After having gotten a brief idea, Abir cleared his throat interrupting the two friends, "I believe you should put some clothes on." He pointed at Sameer's semi-nude status. It was only then that duo was reminded of another person's existence in the room. Not wanting to leave the two in another awkward situation, he introduced the two before collecting his clothes and walking straight to the adjacent room.

-

This chapter is more of a filler, so I haven't placed much hope on this one. Because for me this could have been much better. It still lacks something. Not sure of what that is. By the way, next chapter onwards we start with the wedding functions. 

Your feedback, even criticisms, are most welcome. In case if you have any suggestion. Please feel free to share. I would love to hear your thoughts. Apart from that in case, you have any predictions as to how you feel the story would develop or what might be next in stores for you, do share. I enjoy learning what everyone expects. Also helps me with the direction to work in. 

*I will be posting another chapter either today or tomorrow *

Lastly, there's this One Shot that I wanted to share. Please go check this out as well. 

MishBir OS: It's Local

ruhi19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

Chapter Three: Meet your Mr. Perfect

He stared at her dumbstruck face and he couldn't help but scowl. After having been through his fair share of accidental run down, he had grown immune to the annoying flies around. It wasn't the first and surely won't be the last. He could see through the tricks and had his ways to deal. Right now, however, he didn't have the patience to go through this. Without much thought, he barked, "Out."

Her shamelessly eyes trailed onto the length of his body but as soon as his voice reached her ears, it was as though it had knocked onto her numb brain and she stared back at the pair of fierce eyes. She would have appreciated the beauty in front of her eyes when she realized where she stood. Looking around, she saw the room that she was familiar with. Scattered across were the things that she recognized. Surely Sameer's, she thought pointedly. This was her best friend's room and not his. 

Narrowing her eyes at his reflection, she frowned, 'Who did he think he was to order her around?' Unaware of the danger that could eat her alive, she stood her ground while he was growing annoyed. He was loosing the last bits of his patience and just then, the adjacent door creaked open. 

With a towel wrapped around his hips, Sameer appeared straight out of the shower. He had another towel in his hand as he rubbed it on his head, towel drying his head. Seeing his best friend, Mishti frown, his nose scrunched up and he looked at his would be cousin-in-law, Abir who looked no better. 'Eh, what's wrong?'

"Hey, Mish!" his lips curved into a charming grin as he tried averting her attention. Her eyes snapped to Sameer and before she could gather her thoughts to reply to him, he stated, "How's my wedding preparation going on?" 

"You idiot," she scowled at him due to the reminder of the events that she had just had. That was a narrow escape but how long was she going to escape those notorious aunties and their haughty comments. She had no clue. In spite of witnessing Sameer shrink back, she glared at him, "Why the hell do you have to marry? Could you for once think what would this do to me? You are being so mean and cruel, Sameer."

Abir, who stood silently at the corner watching the drama unfold, raised his eyebrows. 'Is he cheating on Nisha?' The mere thought made his veins pop out. 'Or maybe she is just one of those clinging girls,' with that thought he decided to lean back and observe. 

Sameer, on the other hand, couldn't help but sigh, "You know, you don't mean it." He threw the towel he was drying his hair with onto the nearby chair as he helplessly pointed out. He knew her better. "No matter what anyone says, you know it's not your fault that you haven't met your perfect one yet. There's one for everyone. Believe me, when that happens, no one can dare but swallow their words. Okay?" He cautiously explained. She let put a deep breath, knowing it wasn't his fault but it always felt good to know that she had someone to rely on. 

Briefly nodding at him, she thoughtfully asked, "Since when did you become a wise man? Seems like Nisha has good influence on you!" the glint in her eyes returned as she teased. 

"Of course, she is," he wore a proud smile and dreamy eyes. "And who know's you will meet your Mr. Perfect at my wedding itself," he said as an after thought to which she couldn't help but roll her eyes. 'Sure, I will,' she thought, unaware how true his words were.

After having gotten a brief idea, Abir cleared his throat interrupting the two friends, "I believe you should put some clothes on." He pointed at Sameer's semi-nude status. It was only then that duo was reminded of another person's existence in the room. Not wanting to leave the two in another awkward situation, he introduced the two before collecting his clothes and walking straight to the adjacent room.

-

This chapter is more of a filler, so I haven't placed much hope on this one. Because for me this could have been much better. It still lacks something. Not sure of what that is. By the way, next chapter onwards we start with the wedding functions. 

Your feedback, even criticisms, are most welcome. In case if you have any suggestion. Please feel free to share. I would love to hear your thoughts. Apart from that in case, you have any predictions as to how you feel the story would develop or what might be next in stores for you, do share. I enjoy learning what everyone expects. Also helps me with the direction to work in. 

*I will be posting another chapter either today or tomorrow *

Lastly, there's this One Shot that I wanted to share. Please go check this out as well. 

MishBir OS: It's Local

the chapter is short but its nice...

i loved the convo...

the way mishbir stared and giving back to each other is nice...

sam and mishti...its good to see cute banter...

i just want regular updates...

right now im liking the way the story is shaping up but if i get any idea i will say u...

Nikki_love thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Loved it...and thank you for using the  title..modified ;)

ShenzK thumbnail

I will reply to the comments for the previous chapter in the morning. 

This counts as an update for Tuesday even though it's past midnight now. The scheduled update for Wednesday will surely be there. I would have updated earlier had I not lost connection in the evening. Anyways, I somehow managed to put it up tonight itself. 

I would love to know what you think of their characters and what traits do you detect or wish for them to have in themselves. I am still kinda confused in the aspect. Unable to fully mold them into a certain personality which is a little annoying for myself. 

Anyways, do read and leave your thoughts. 

--

Chapter Four: Challenges

The chirpy girl swaying to the rhythm of the music as the group practiced for their sangeet performance. Unaware of the fiery glances that she received from one of the room on the first floor of the opposite villa, she hopped on the tunes from one beat to the other. Since the couple wanted their wedding to be an intimate affair with only close friends and relatives involved, they had decided upon one of their farmhouse on the outskirts of the city. As it also had nearby villas that could be booked for occasions like these, it proved more convenient for the two families.

Abir sighed dejectedly as he recollected how he was been tricked to participate into performing a piece for the sangeet.

The unwelcomed silence enveloped Nisha, as she looked into the eyes of her cousin – Abir. She was enraged. His unwillingness to give into her request made her furious but he seemed oblivious or rather unbothered by it. He was adamant to not let her have her way after all he had sacrificed more than what he was capable of. This time, it was her turn to make the tiny adjustments. It wasn’t a secret to her anyway.

“Abir, for goodness sake, it’s my sangeet,” she stomped her foot and continued, “How can you not perform? You are my brother after all!” Gaining no reaction whatsoever from him, she flared her nostrils and complained, “Come on! Don’t you love me? Can’t you fulfill this teeny-mini request of your sister? Anyways, after I get married, there won’t be anyone to trouble you!” She huffed in annoyance unable to catch slightest of change in his reaction. Unknown to her, his eyes had flattered a tad-bit as she continued to use emotional blackmail on her own cousin. With strong reminders,he steeled his wavering heart.

Unaware that a pair of eyes twinkled with delight at the scene, the cousins continued to stay firm on their own decisions. Minutes later, clearing of throat was heard a voice behind the pillar. Turning in the direction of the voice, they were greeted by a goofy smile plastered on Mishti's face. Nisha’s eyes turned bright while Abir couldn’t help but narrow his eyes.

“Ha! Never knew you would give-up without competing,” her words were as challenging as her eyes, as she drifted her gaze at Abir. “That’s boring though you would have lost anyway!” she added with a sigh.

Even with the provocation in her words, Nisha could see through the intentions behind. She beamed with every word that came out of Mishti’s mouth. Though an old trick, it was quite effective on someone like Abir who had never fought each of his battles till the end, irrespective of the results. Nisha wanted to squeal and cheer for Mishti as she looked her put on the act but she kept her emotions tightly sealed considering Abir hadn’t spoken yet.

“Don’t try and provoke someone you can’t afford to,” the two girls heard Abir whisper, his words laced with warning.

Mishti, on the other hand, wasunfazed, “That can only be known if we compete.” Feigning disappointment, she added further as she shook her head, “Unfortunately, you aren’t! It looks like you are too scared.”

It wasn’t until Abir agreed to perform in the sangeet function that Mishti dropped the topic. Unknown to the two of them, Nisha stared at them with glittering pair of eyes.

He looked back at Mishti, whose face was blooming with a smile. Noticing how she always had a smile playing on those lips, he frowned. No matter how foolish the challenge might seem, he was determined to win. She didn’t even know what she was getting herself into, not knowing who her opponent was. A mistake that she had made, he would take full advantage of. ‘He surely wouldn’t be the one to lose,’ he thought as devilish smile crept across his face. 

--

The fun is about to begin is all I will say!

As always, I will love to know your thoughts. 

Edited by ShenzK - 4 years ago
Mii5 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I will reply to the comments for the previous chapter in the morning. 

This counts as an update for Tuesday even though it's past midnight now. The scheduled update for Wednesday will surely be there. I would have updated earlier had I not lost connection in the evening. Anyways, I somehow managed to put it up tonight itself. 

I would love to know what you think of their characters and what traits do you detect or wish for them to have in themselves. I am still kinda confused in the aspect. Unable to fully mold them into a certain personality which is a little annoying for myself. 

Anyways, do read and leave your thoughts. 

--

Chapter Four: Challenges

The chirpy girl swaying to the rhythm of the music as the group practiced for their sangeet performance. Unaware of the fiery glances that she received from one of the room on the first floor of the opposite villa, she hopped on the tunes from one beat to the other. Since the couple wanted their wedding to be an intimate affair with only close friends and relatives involved, they had decided upon one of their farmhouse on the outskirts of the city. As it also had nearby villas that could be booked for occasions like these, it proved more convenient for the two families.

Abir sighed dejectedly as he recollected how he was been tricked to participate into performing a piece for the sangeet.

The unwelcomed silence enveloped Nisha, as she looked into the eyes of her cousin – Abir. She was enraged. His unwillingness to give into her request made her furious but he seemed oblivious or rather unbothered by it. He was adamant to not let her have her way after all he had sacrificed more than what he was capable of. This time, it was her turn to make the tiny adjustments. It wasn’t a secret to her anyway.

“Abir, for goodness sake, it’s my sangeet,” she stomped her foot and continued, “How can you not perform? You are my brother after all!” Gaining no reaction whatsoever from him, she flared her nostrils and complained, “Come on! Don’t you love me? Can’t you fulfill this teeny-mini request of your sister? Anyways, after I get married, there won’t be anyone to trouble you!” She huffed in annoyance unable to catch slightest of change in his reaction. Unknown to her, his eyes had flattered a tad-bit as she continued to use emotional blackmail on her own cousin. With strong reminders,he steeled his wavering heart.

Unaware that a pair of eyes twinkled with delight at the scene, the cousins continued to stay firm on their own decisions. Minutes later, clearing of throat was heard a voice behind the pillar. Turning in the direction of the voice, they were greeted by a goofy smile plastered on Mishti's face. Nisha’s eyes turned bright while Abir couldn’t help but narrow his eyes.

“Ha! Never knew you would give-up without competing,” her words were as challenging as her eyes, as she drifted her gaze at Abir. “That’s boring though you would have lost anyway!” she added with a sigh.

Even with the provocation in her words, Nisha could see through the intentions behind. She beamed with every word that came out of Mishti’s mouth. Though an old trick, it was quite effective on someone like Abir who had never fought each of his battles till the end, irrespective of the results. Nisha wanted to squeal and cheer for Mishti as she looked her put on the act but she kept her emotions tightly sealed considering Abir hadn’t spoken yet.

“Don’t try and provoke someone you can’t afford to,” the two girls heard Abir whisper, his words laced with warning.

Mishti, on the other hand, wasunfazed, “That can only be known if we compete.” Feigning disappointment, she added further as she shook her head, “Unfortunately, you aren’t! It looks like you are too scared.”

It wasn’t until Abir agreed to perform in the sangeet function that Mishti dropped the topic. Unknown to the two of them, Nisha stared at them with glittering pair of eyes.

He looked back at Mishti, whose face was blooming with a smile. Noticing how she always had a smile playing on those lips, he frowned. No matter how foolish the challenge might seem, he was determined to win. She didn’t even know what she was getting herself into, not knowing who her opponent was. A mistake that she had made, he would take full advantage of. ‘He surely wouldn’t be the one to lose,’ he thought as devilish smile crept across his face. 

--

The fun is about to begin is all I will say!

As always, I will love to know your thoughts. 

Nice.....

Mishbir will be seen in challenge mode.... Can't wait!

ruhi19 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

wow...mishbir challanging each other...

this is so good...

want to see them in face off...

Nikki_love thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wow...MishBir face off..bring it on! You are writing very well. It's interesting