MishBir: Entwined Eternally|Ch17: Pg22 - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Hola Amigos! Hope everyone’s safe and sound. Currently that seems the most basic.

Now coming to this story, firstly let me clear out that I hadn’t abandoned this story neither did I have any such plans.In fact I had a bunch of ideas to go ahead with this one – each with a different flavor to it. However, for me the title is one of the first things that a reader comes across and thus, holds a lot of weightage. Thus, I wanted to lock down on the title first before I start with the story. Who knew it would be so draining. Selecting a title for this one has definitely been a struggle. But I surely couldn’t have sat idly for any longer or else I might lose interest in writing the story itself. Hence, I compromised with the title that I thought was the most fitting among the bunch of titles I had drilled my brain for. I am not satisfied with it though. 

Secondly, the update schedule. I generally find it easier to work with when I know my deadlines and schedules. Hence, this would be update as per the below schedule.

Update Schedule: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

That is three times a week. In case of any change of plans, I will ensure that the total number of count for the week is not impacted.

Of course, the word count would be somewhere around 500-1000 words. Not much for a reader, I know but I want to keep a consistent pace with this one. Hope you all understand.

Now, just in case, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. :)

By the way, @Nikki_love, thanks for the title suggestions.

Woah! This indeed got lengthier than I expected. My pravachan and not the update ;)

---

Chapter One : Woh Pehli Nazar

No matter how prepared one was, the on-site scene was always overwhelming. No wonder, marriage was known to be bittersweet. Abir was no different. He had calmed his mind after endless pep-talks to attend the wedding functions. However, witnessing the chaotic scene, he wanted nothing more than to turn around and run in the opposite direction. After all,he could already sense himself being served on a platter in front of those hungry wolves, who were on a hunt either for themselves or for their daughters.He swore those middle-aged women inside could be quite annoying once they had their eyes set on someone. Whether with good intentions or bad, they could be quite handful to tackle. And that surely wasn't Abir's area of expertise.

While he was still contemplating on his options and evaluating the idea to step in, he heard the customized ringtone set deliberately for a specific person. Though he was in a foul mood to answer the call, he couldn’t tolerate the weird glances he attracted for the ringtone. Of course, not everyone was willing to set a ringtone that was nothing but creepy. As if the call was directly been put through from the depths of Tartarus. Well the caller was no less than the one who ruled it. His Cousin, Nisha.

Also, who could ignore a call from hell. As soon as he tapped onto his bluetooth devise to answer the call, he heard an anxious voice, "Where the hell are you? Weren't you supposed to be here an hour ago? Why haven't you reached? You dare not think to bail out on me. I won't spare you if-" the tone got threatening by the end but before Nisha could say any further, Abir rolled his eyes and said, "I am already downstairs."

He marched into the beautifully decorated villa,steeling himself for the danger ahead. He continued to speak while mindlessly navigating through the crowd and making his way towards his cousin. But who knew there will be an unforeseen accident - a minor one though.

Abir wasn't paying attention while the other party had a couple of boxes in hand, unable to navigate its way though. This resulted in having the other party nearly tripping off. However, Abir was agile enough to instantly shoot his hand out for help. Who knew that he wouldn't get the chance to? He wasn't disappointed though, not yet. But he let out a sigh of relief. Though such accidents were usual occurrence in such events, he still didn't want to be the cause of it. Surprisingly, amidst all of it, the box placed at the top toppled and revealed one third of the girl's face. Her black hair was let loose to dance on the tunes of the breezy wind while her eyes were clear.

The sight of big rounded eyes hidden behind the frames with astonishment evident in them collided with Abir's. Soon, she recovered and the eyes returned to their normal size. She politely thanked him.

Even before he could respond, he heard his cousin scream into his ears through the bluetooth headset, "Abir, what is taking you so long?" He couldn't help but squeeze his eyes shut.

The girl looked at him and clearly saw that he was preoccupied. Thus, she didn't linger around and left, anyways they both didn't know each other. And by the time he opened his eyes, he could only get a glimpse of her retreating back.

She walked out of the door and headed straight towards the car. One of the middle-aged women, who knew her, called her out, "Mishti."

--

Hope the opening was upto the mark. I would love to know your thoughts.

As per the update schedule, even though, I didn't have to upload any chapter today, I still wanted to kick start today itself. However, there will be another chapter tomorrow as well. 

Originally posted by ShenzK

Hola Amigos! Hope everyone’s safe and sound. Currently that seems the most basic.

Now coming to this story, firstly let me clear out that I hadn’t abandoned this story neither did I have any such plans.In fact I had a bunch of ideas to go ahead with this one – each with a different flavor to it. However, for me the title is one of the first things that a reader comes across and thus, holds a lot of weightage. Thus, I wanted to lock down on the title first before I start with the story. Who knew it would be so draining. Selecting a title for this one has definitely been a struggle. But I surely couldn’t have sat idly for any longer or else I might lose interest in writing the story itself. Hence, I compromised with the title that I thought was the most fitting among the bunch of titles I had drilled my brain for. I am not satisfied with it though. 

Secondly, the update schedule. I generally find it easier to work with when I know my deadlines and schedules. Hence, this would be update as per the below schedule.

Update Schedule: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

That is three times a week. In case of any change of plans, I will ensure that the total number of count for the week is not impacted.

Of course, the word count would be somewhere around 500-1000 words. Not much for a reader, I know but I want to keep a consistent pace with this one. Hope you all understand.

Now, just in case, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. :)

By the way, @Nikki_love, thanks for the title suggestions.

Woah! This indeed got lengthier than I expected. My pravachan and not the update ;)

---

Chapter One : Woh Pehli Nazar

No matter how prepared one was, the on-site scene was always overwhelming. No wonder, marriage was known to be bittersweet. Abir was no different. He had calmed his mind after endless pep-talks to attend the wedding functions. However, witnessing the chaotic scene, he wanted nothing more than to turn around and run in the opposite direction. After all,he could already sense himself being served on a platter in front of those hungry wolves, who were on a hunt either for themselves or for their daughters.He swore those middle-aged women inside could be quite annoying once they had their eyes set on someone. Whether with good intentions or bad, they could be quite handful to tackle. And that surely wasn't Abir's area of expertise.

While he was still contemplating on his options and evaluating the idea to step in, he heard the customized ringtone set deliberately for a specific person. Though he was in a foul mood to answer the call, he couldn’t tolerate the weird glances he attracted for the ringtone. Of course, not everyone was willing to set a ringtone that was nothing but creepy. As if the call was directly been put through from the depths of Tartarus. Well the caller was no less than the one who ruled it. His Cousin, Nisha.

Also, who could ignore a call from hell. As soon as he tapped onto his bluetooth devise to answer the call, he heard an anxious voice, "Where the hell are you? Weren't you supposed to be here an hour ago? Why haven't you reached? You dare not think to bail out on me. I won't spare you if-" the tone got threatening by the end but before Nisha could say any further, Abir rolled his eyes and said, "I am already downstairs."

He marched into the beautifully decorated villa,steeling himself for the danger ahead. He continued to speak while mindlessly navigating through the crowd and making his way towards his cousin. But who knew there will be an unforeseen accident - a minor one though.

Abir wasn't paying attention while the other party had a couple of boxes in hand, unable to navigate its way though. This resulted in having the other party nearly tripping off. However, Abir was agile enough to instantly shoot his hand out for help. Who knew that he wouldn't get the chance to? He wasn't disappointed though, not yet. But he let out a sigh of relief. Though such accidents were usual occurrence in such events, he still didn't want to be the cause of it. Surprisingly, amidst all of it, the box placed at the top toppled and revealed one third of the girl's face. Her black hair was let loose to dance on the tunes of the breezy wind while her eyes were clear.

The sight of big rounded eyes hidden behind the frames with astonishment evident in them collided with Abir's. Soon, she recovered and the eyes returned to their normal size. She politely thanked him.

Even before he could respond, he heard his cousin scream into his ears through the bluetooth headset, "Abir, what is taking you so long?" He couldn't help but squeeze his eyes shut.

The girl looked at him and clearly saw that he was preoccupied. Thus, she didn't linger around and left, anyways they both didn't know each other. And by the time he opened his eyes, he could only get a glimpse of her retreating back.

She walked out of the door and headed straight towards the car. One of the middle-aged women, who knew her, called her out, "Mishti."

--

Hope the opening was upto the mark. I would love to know your thoughts.

As per the update schedule, even though, I didn't have to upload any chapter today, I still wanted to kick start today itself. However, there will be another chapter tomorrow as well. 

Thank you for this new chapter. Liked it 🤗🤗

Upto the mark?it was way beyond the mark!!just loved the part of Abir only noticing mishti's eyes first.....similar to their first encounter in the show.....just that it is modified a tad bit....box ke peeche kiska chehra hai??😜😜♥️♥️

Originally posted by Mii5

Thank you for this new chapter. Liked it 🤗🤗

Thanks a lot. I am glad you liked it. :)

Originally posted by Shaheer_fan

Upto the mark?it was way beyond the mark!!just loved the part of Abir only noticing mishti's eyes first.....similar to their first encounter in the show.....just that it is modified a tad bit....box ke peeche kiska chehra hai??😜😜♥️♥️

Thank you! That was one hell of a scene. But for some goddamn reason, I didn't realise the similarity until you pointed out. But good thing though. Reliving the golden days! 😂

Hope I can keep up to the expectations that you have though. 

Hola everyone! 

I had a few work commitments for yesterday which made it extremely difficult to update this yesterday. Anyways, here's the installment. Hope you all enjoy!

--

Chapter Two: The naked back

Mishti gazed around looking at the people chatting among themselves. She could hear the beats of the music in the far background and the faint chattering of the groups of people around. 'Hush,' she sighed. Such a hectic environment it seemed to be. Wedding functions brought up mixed emotions in her heart. Marriages are not just an association among the two people who tie knots willing to spend their entire lives together but between the two families involved. Mishti wholeheartedly agreed to this concept. It was something that signified the importance of marriage. However, on such auspicious occasion there were people who loved to poke fun at others. Many enjoyed at the expense of other peoples' lives. And that's exactly why Mishti despised attending such wedding functions for. Now she was going to be facing all of it till all of the wedding functions last.

Even though there weren't many people whom Mishti regarded as important, the groom was one of them. 'Why did he have to get married so soon,' she couldn't help but complain in her mind. Unfortunately, the groom who happened to be her best friend, Sameer had found his Ms. Right. 

Letting out a heavy breath, Mishti walked in, 'This better get over soon.' 

"Arrey, Mishti beta," she heard Sameer's mother calling out for her from the other end of the hallway in a room. Giving her a small smile in acknowledgement, Mishti padded her way towards her. "Quickly tell me which one would suit better on Nisha, I am so confused," she started off as soon as Mishti was only five steps away from her. She was holding two sets of lehenga for her to look at. And just like that Mishti was bombarded with dozens of choices to make for Nisha. Thankfully, she knew the girl enough to know her taste and style to make the right decision. 

After sometime, Mishti was finally relieved of her duties as the selector and set free. Though that didn't mean she could breathe in peace. Just as she moved out of the room, she met a bunch of middle-aged women. Even though they had bright smiles on their faces, their eyes reflected the opposite. "Mishti," one of them called out surprisingly. 

"Oh, it's really you?" The lady scanned Mishti from head to toe and exclaimed, "Goodness, you have grown up." No matter how much Mishti wished to ignore the hint of mockery in the statement, she couldn't help but detect it. It wasn't that they had come across Mishti after ages. They had met barely a few months ago. 

"Now even Sameer is getting married, when are you planning to?" one of them asked. 

"It's not like you will be getting any younger," another one of them added. 

Mishti controlled her urge to roll her eyes at them she was barely twenty-six years old. Thus, before she would lose her temper in front of these gossip aunties, she planned to escape. "Actually aunty, I have something really important to deal with, I will talk to you all later. Yeah, bye," and with that she dashed out of there. 

Taking the stairs, she only had one person to blame at this moment. Without knocking onto the door, she pushed it open and cried out in frustration, "How could you do this to me, Sam?"

However, the sight in front of her left her dumbfounded. Her throat dried up and her eyes widened in utter shock. 'What the -' She was certain that she had entered the right room but surprisingly the one in front of her wasn't Sameer. Instead her eyes landed onto the naked back of a man who stood in front of the dresser. Though that wasn't the only thing that left her surprised.

The man heard the accusation in the voice that came from the door. Raising his head, he looked into the direction of the door through the mirror. His eyes were cold and face was stoic. The moment his eyes met with intruder's, he looked displeased. 

--

Hope this was upto the mark. Please do let me know your thought and don't hesitate to put down constructive criticism either. Your inputs are what matters to me. 

Just to put it out there, even though I plan to keep this light, fluff and fun, it would be seasoned with a tad bit of intensity. 

Also, I will be taking sometime to build the stage initially but once it's done, the pace is pretty much going to either be normal or fast. I am not the one who likes to drag a story unnecessarily.

Thanks!

Stay Happy, Stay at home and stay safe!

Originally posted by ShenzK

Hola everyone! 

I had a few work commitments for yesterday which made it extremely difficult to update this yesterday. Anyways, here's the installment. Hope you all enjoy!

--

Chapter Two: The naked back

Mishti gazed around looking at the people chatting among themselves. She could hear the beats of the music in the far background and the faint chattering of the groups of people around. 'Hush,' she sighed. Such a hectic environment it seemed to be. Wedding functions brought up mixed emotions in her heart. Marriages are not just an association among the two people who tie knots willing to spend their entire lives together but between the two families involved. Mishti wholeheartedly agreed to this concept. It was something that signified the importance of marriage. However, on such auspicious occasion there were people who loved to poke fun at others. Many enjoyed at the expense of other peoples' lives. And that's exactly why Mishti despised attending such wedding functions for. Now she was going to be facing all of it till all of the wedding functions last.

Even though there weren't many people whom Mishti regarded as important, the groom was one of them. 'Why did he have to get married so soon,' she couldn't help but complain in her mind. Unfortunately, the groom who happened to be her best friend, Sameer had found his Ms. Right. 

Letting out a heavy breath, Mishti walked in, 'This better get over soon.' 

"Arrey, Mishti beta," she heard Sameer's mother calling out for her from the other end of the hallway in a room. Giving her a small smile in acknowledgement, Mishti padded her way towards her. "Quickly tell me which one would suit better on Nisha, I am so confused," she started off as soon as Mishti was only five steps away from her. She was holding two sets of lehenga for her to look at. And just like that Mishti was bombarded with dozens of choices to make for Nisha. Thankfully, she knew the girl enough to know her taste and style to make the right decision. 

After sometime, Mishti was finally relieved of her duties as the selector and set free. Though that didn't mean she could breathe in peace. Just as she moved out of the room, she met a bunch of middle-aged women. Even though they had bright smiles on their faces, their eyes reflected the opposite. "Mishti," one of them called out surprisingly. 

"Oh, it's really you?" The lady scanned Mishti from head to toe and exclaimed, "Goodness, you have grown up." No matter how much Mishti wished to ignore the hint of mockery in the statement, she couldn't help but detect it. It wasn't that they had come across Mishti after ages. They had met barely a few months ago. 

"Now even Sameer is getting married, when are you planning to?" one of them asked. 

"It's not like you will be getting any younger," another one of them added. 

Mishti controlled her urge to roll her eyes at them she was barely twenty-six years old. Thus, before she would lose her temper in front of these gossip aunties, she planned to escape. "Actually aunty, I have something really important to deal with, I will talk to you all later. Yeah, bye," and with that she dashed out of there. 

Taking the stairs, she only had one person to blame at this moment. Without knocking onto the door, she pushed it open and cried out in frustration, "How could you do this to me, Sam?"

However, the sight in front of her left her dumbfounded. Her throat dried up and her eyes widened in utter shock. 'What the -' She was certain that she had entered the right room but surprisingly the one in front of her wasn't Sameer. Instead her eyes landed onto the naked back of a man who stood in front of the dresser. Though that wasn't the only thing that left her surprised.

The man heard the accusation in the voice that came from the door. Raising his head, he looked into the direction of the door through the mirror. His eyes were cold and face was stoic. The moment his eyes met with intruder's, he looked displeased. 

--

Hope this was upto the mark. Please do let me know your thought and don't hesitate to put down constructive criticism either. Your inputs are what matters to me. 

Just to put it out there, even though I plan to keep this light, fluff and fun, it would be seasoned with a tad bit of intensity. 

Also, I will be taking sometime to build the stage initially but once it's done, the pace is pretty much going to either be normal or fast. I am not the one who likes to drag a story unnecessarily.

Thanks!

Stay Happy, Stay at home and stay safe!

its beautifully written...

Originally posted by ruhi19

its beautifully written...

Thank you! Even though I feel this one was a little too stretchy, I am glad you like it. Thanks once again!

Waiting for their first official meeting. And very well written . Keep up the good work.