‘There is an Age to Wear Some Clothes’ Wendell Rodricks

Posted: 4 years ago

“If you don’t have it, don’t flaunt it” designer Wendell Rodricks shared a clarification after he was slammed for his comments on Priyanka Chopra's plunging Grammys dress. Check out the post below...

January 30, 2020 2:17 PM

Kajal Gupta View Profile

Courtesy : Instagram

Priyanka Chopra is fearless and how. She made a powerful statement at the Grammys’ red carpet, along with her husband Nick Jonas, and her plunging white Ralph and Russo dress has stirred a debate.

Designer Wendell Rodricks had taken to Instagram to criticize Priyanka’s dress,  and commented on how “the neckline goes all the way from LA to Cuba.” He then deleted the post. Actress Suchitra Krishmnamoorthi stood in support of the actress and lauded her for her confidence for not trying to hide her belly in photos.

Rodricks was slammed for his comments, post which he shared a clarification on his Instagram. Sharing a picture of Priyanka and Nick, he explained that his comments were more about  “dress shaming than body shaming”.

For all those that said some really nasty things about me body shaming, here is my retort. Did I say anything about her body? No. Many women did. I just said the dress was wrong for her despite it being couture. It was more dress shaming than body shaming. Stop this sermon from high and read the post before you speak. There is an age to wear some clothes. Men with huge bellies should not wear tight T shirts. Same with women who wear minis past a certain age. If you don’t have it, don’t flaunt it. I stopped wearing Bermudas as I have a few varicose veins. Don’t make every issue body shaming, sexist or whatever. Or you can be false and fake resorting to being politically correct and not be truthful. If you don’t like my posts unfriend me.

- Wendell Rodricks wrote on Instagram.

Well, his clarification has again irked many, who have lashed out at the designer in comments under his post.

It was just yesterday that PeeCee had penned a cryptic post on her social media hinting at the hate against her navel baring dress. “I seem to be thinking what a crazy beginning of the year it’s been, and we are only in January. Love the ones you love. Live the life you want to live...with all the troubles in this world at the moment, be kind to yourself and everyone around you. I’m so grateful for the kindness I have received, and even when I have not...I some how have. Be kind to the ones around you. It matters. Life is a gift” she wrote on Instagram.

She made a fool of herself , and i agree with the neck lines going all the way down lmao

its 2020 let people wear whatever they want

Whoever he is, he is right. That dress is ridiculous and does nothing to enhance her beauty 😳

PC should know she ain't a JLo

😆

Originally posted by BarunPrabhasFan

Whoever he is, he is right. That dress is ridiculous and does nothing to enhance her beauty 😳

He is a fashion designer..... Was quite famous in 2000's...jit sure about current status...

What's the age to wear no clothes?

If you criticise someone's dressing sense toh woh body shaming ho jayegi.

People take these things way too seriously. They can wear whatever the heck she wants. It's her body, her money, her wish.

I thought only close-minded desis had an issue with her outfit 😆😆.