Unhone MERI rating badli hai Mera Mann Nahi - Deepika Padukone

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Deepika Padukone has responded to her film, Chhapaak, being targeted on movie database IMDb after her visit to JNU to show solidarity with students.

Updated: Jan 30, 2020 11:16 IST

By HT Correspondent

Deepika Padukone has reacted to Chhapaak being given onestars on IMDb to affect its rating

Deepika Padukone has reacted to Chhapaak being given one-stars on IMDb to affect its rating.

Deepika Padukone is unfazed by trolls targeting her latest release, Chhapaak, after she showed solidarity with students of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). Soon after her visit to the JNU where she stood with the protesting students, the IMDb rating of Chhapaak took a hit, with people downvoting the film in large numbers.

In a video shared on Twitter by a fan club, Deepika is seen giving out a clear message to her detractors. “Unhone meri IMDb rating badli hai, mera mann nahi (They have changed my IMDb rating, not my mind).” The video is from earlier this month.

The film’s page on the popular review aggregator website was ‘review bombed’ from multiple accounts. After the flood of 1-star ratings, Chhapaak’s IMDb rating down to 4.4 stars and finally stabilized at 4.6 stars. The film widely received positive reviews with critics applauding Deepika’s performance as an acid attack survivor.

However, after the actor’s visit to JNU, there has been an aggressive #BoycottChhapaak campaign on Twitter.

Directed by Meghna Gulzar, Chhapaak tells the story of a young girl Malti, whose life changes after an acid attack. The film is inspired by the life of acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal.

While the other Bollywood film that released alongside Chhapaak, Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior has raced ahead at the box office, trade analyst Girish Johar told Hindustan Times that Chhapaak managed to find its target audience.

The film earned Rs 34.03 crore nett and Rs 40 crore gross in two weeks at the domestic box office and Rs 13.03 crore in the overseas market. According to a Quint report, Chhapaak was made on a budget of around Rs 35 crore and sold its music rights for Rs 3 crore and its digital and satellite rights for about Rs 23 crore.

“Yes from all the rights, it seems that Chhapaak actually is not a losing venture. Also, since Deepika herself produced the film, her acting fee charged for this film will not be considerable. This, I feel, is one of those passion projects that actors like to do,” trade analyst Girish Johar told Hindustan Times.

He added that Chhapaak was a niche film, which did reach its target audience. “I personally believe that the kind of film it is or the kind of story it is, it appeals to a very limited audience and that audience watched the film. It is not an entertaining film. It has been seen by those for whom it was made and they have also responded to the film.”

https://m.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/deepika-padukone-on-chhapaak-being-downvoted-on-imdb-after-jnu-visit-they-have-changed-my-rating-not-my-mind/story-VYguBYpb1B9mcEMlQQEpqO_amp.html

🤣🤣🤣🤣

True Queen. See how unfazed she is by haters or what they did to the movie both boycott wise and changing IMDB rating.

She is as enlightened as a Zen monk. 👏

Also she is right Chaapak was made for a limited audience and it worked for them. 

The fact that even though she knew it was a limited audience film she still made a movie and not a documentary and promoted it so heavily and nicely needs to be applauded. 👏

Edited by Deepikafan13 - 4 years ago

Never seen someone as delusional as her 😆

Good for her. Will she now endorse the likes of Sharjeel Imam after standing alongside Kanhaiya Susu?

Yahan b itni filmy...hadd hai yaar.🤪

IMDb has never been a true judge 

I myself manipulated it when I thought a certain movie was ranked too high ( Munnabhai 2) 😂 

Originally posted by Cpt.DudleySmith

Good for her. Will she now endorse the likes of Sharjeel Imam after standing alongside Kanhaiya Susu?

LOL

She can very well play Journo-imposter Shehla Rashid’s biopic next time. A nicer way to remain with Tukde gang.

Originally posted by monu_tan

LOL

She can very well play Journo-imposter Shehla Rashid’s biopic next time. A nicer way to remain with Tukde gang.

That will be...overwhelming!