Times Of India: Rishikesh getaway for Shivin Narang

Posted: 4 years ago

Rishikesh getaway for Shivin Narang 

Divya Kaushik | TNN | Jan 30, 2020, 00:00 IST

TNNShivin Narang

The team of Beyhadh 2 wrapped up their shoot in 

Rishikesh recently. While they had a ball shooting in 10 degrees Celsius, Shivin Narang risked his life for a sequence. The actor, who has thalassophobia (fear of deep waters), shot in the Ganges for seven hours. "Rishikesh was really fun. I needed a break and nothing could have been better than visiting the mountains. There was a sequence where I had to jump in the Ganges and that was shot at the exact place where people go rafting. The water was very cold and the location was also risky as the whole stretch was full of huge rocks and I was in the water for seven hours. After a point my fingers and toes went numb," Shivin tells us.

For Shivin, jumping in the ice cold water was the most difficult part. "I had done rafting before in Manali, but there I was doing it with experts, and rafting for a scene is totally different. It was just me and Jennifer Winget on the boat and that was risky. The toughest part for me was to jump in the water. It was so cold and people around me were wearing two-three jackets and I just had a shirt on!" he shares.

Shivin Narang and Jennifer Winget shoot in Rishikesh

Shivin Narang and Jennifer Winget shoot in Rishikesh

Being a Delhiite, Shivin has visited Haridwar multiple times, but he says he never got a chance to explore Rishikesh. "I have been to Haridwar many times, but I have only been to Rishikesh once and that was many years ago. I finally got an opportunity to explore the city while I was shooting. We covered Ganga aarti visited Ram Jhoola, Laxman Jhoola and we also shot at some locations outside Rishikesh. Reaching those places was very difficult as there are no proper roads, so this trip was one adventure for me," he says.

Edited by Armu4eva - 4 years ago

So indeed Rudra jumps into the water to prove his love... these Roy bros I tell u na.. 

Shivin 🤗... I cant imagine jumping into such cold deep waters..

Originally posted by NamuVyas

So indeed Rudra jumps into the water to prove his love... these Roy bros I tell u na.. 

Shivin 🤗... I cant imagine jumping into such cold deep waters..

What a guy. Conquering real life and reel life phobias like a true hero

Originally posted by Armu4eva

What a guy. Conquering real life and reel life phobias like a true hero

But u know it's not easy.. even with a crew it's just a serial.. it's not like a film crew where they have major assistance and all.. and in that temperature there I can imagine just in that yellow shirt and Jeans and very cold water .

.hope they give justice to the scene in the show and not chop it off after all the hard work of his..

was he wearing a life jacket? safety crews should be present otherwise it i unfair and dangerous

So, Shivin and Rudra have something in common... Fear of deep water. Well Maya is also deep water to navigate for Rudra.

Anyways.. Shivin looks good in the photo. Dapper.

Originally posted by pomegranate

was he wearing a life jacket? safety crews should be present otherwise it i unfair and dangerous

Yeah he had the life Jacket on but inside just a tshirt. While other crew had jackets etc. 

Shivin Narang is indeed Wow ki Dukaan 😳.. not only because of his dapper looks, but it takes a wow of a determination to counter one's phobias. This guy turned me into his fan. ❤️

Also, Beyhadh's crew must be very supportive of their actors when shooting such risky sequences. 👍🏼 I hope they always have their safety measures ready..(m sure they do 😆)

Rudra and Shivin has fear of deep waters then..That's a great coincidence.This guy is so sweet and hardworking .. I'm liking him more and more ❤️ I hope the editors won't edit this sequence after all the hard work actors had put in