Does India celebrate bullies?

Posted: 4 years ago

It just seems like bullies and gundas are celebrated by masses in India, from the tv host to Shukhla, to Shukhla's pack of sycophants, to the show's bias towards the bullies, and targeting the victims, what's going on?

When Shilpa Shetty appeared on Big Brother UK, she was an unknown name outside the South Asian community, but when she was the target of racist bullying in the house, the British audience and the media did not tolerate it, she went on to become the winner, and the three women who targeted her faced a lot of heat from the public and media, bullying was not tolerated at all.

Here, they are celebrated, encouraged, rewarded, promoted, and the victims are shamed and told to shut up, what kind of sick, perverse, morally bankrupt society is this?

It’s truly sad. But just wait for this thread to be flooded by people who will defend and glorify this very behaviour. Victim blaming is in en vogue.

I wouldn't generalise the whole society based on a trashy ITV show.

The strongman phenomenon and liking trash talking bullies is not unique to India and the  "jiski lathi uski bhains" is a world wide truth.

How else do you explain leaders like Trump or closer home to me my dickhead leader Morrison?

This show is so different from all the other seasons and it’s franchise.

Host is being paid millions to do what Chanel and creatives want him to say. He has merely become a puppet.

it’s what is selling: violence, fake romance, bullying and discrimination: people loves to watch such content they don’t just like to watch merely a good content but to satisfy personal angers and aspirations in today’s environment many like what is shown, or just blind fanissum who only care to support who they connect with.

Originally posted by Love-u-all

This show is so different from all the other seasons and it’s franchise.

Host is being paid millions to do what Chanel and creatives want him to say. He has merely become a puppet.

it’s what is selling: violence, fake romance, bullying and discrimination: people loves to watch such content they don’t just like to watch merely a good content but to satisfy personal angers and aspirations in today’s environment many like what is shown, or just blind fanissum who only care to support who they connect with.

But that is what's so disturbing, why is such negativity selling at all, we should be moving away from this, instead we're regressing.

Also, how do you explain the popularity of someone like Salman? only in India, a criminal like him has got away with it all, where people were dancing infront of his apartment on news of his acquittal, he continues to make millions, and had to face no consequences.  If he was in US or UK, he'd be finished a long time ago.

I would have to agree. When the majority of our movies are maasi where the heroes flex their aggressive behavior-what can one expect?

Salman himself has done a dozen of such movies. And these movies go on to make 200 to 300 crores. People are cheering them on.

Aggression is equated to heroism. Like seriously? WTF

Edited by .FemmeFatale. - 4 years ago

Well said i always bring this as an example India themselves support such bully within country par jab indians ke saath bahar countries mai racism hota hai they make big deal out it dont do double standards if a bully is indian too stand against that too not for outsode india people

Not everybody but quite a large population does

I asked the same question this other day.

Like when Madhu hit Vishal bigg boss said it’s their personal matter which is very wrong as the law now encourage people to call police on neighbors if they witnessed any domestic violence 

not only that, salman was like if my sisters did something like main unko maaroonga 🤔

And all these open threats like how?!? 

Yes. Bullies are glorified