Bend Roads : Fanfiction : Chapter 5, page 6- 13th feb 2020 - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Hi guys, you can call me scarlet. I am sure a lot of you must be knowing my username because, well, not many people are here in the forum đŸ˜†

Anyway, so to relieve my absolute distress regarding the story-line i have decided to write a fiction of my own , of-course if you guys like it, that is. It wont be a jodi specific thing , this i can promise and hence both rishta and preeran fans can enjoy it. 

P.S this is not the continuation of the plot from the serial and it is completely my imagination.

Please do leave your reviews and tell me how you felt about the start or whether i should continue.  :)

......................X.........................

He saw her laying on the white bed balled into a tight grip. As she attempted to stretch her legs out, a sharp pain in her stomach made her flinch back. He forgot the count but the number of tubes that went inside her made him feel sick. She might have felt his presence when she struggled to lift her eyelids up. He froze to his spot as if being held by the ropes when she started throwing blood, violently. The hospital room closed in and air was blown out of his lungs. He frantically tried to reach her but she faded into oblivion, slowly, painfully.

The bed sheet crumpled slowly in a huge fist. He was shaking to the bone. As he opened his eyes while gasping for air, the darkness hit him; but the familiarity of the scent calmed his nerves. His muddled room which was his escape for the last six months gave him a second of relief before he stood up to have a glass of water. It wasn’t the first time that he woke up in the middle of the night dreaming about that dreadful day. The day that changed his life forever and pushed him into the bog of guilt that killed him piece by piece every single day.  As the cold water made its way down his stomach, fragments of memory came alive making his sleep elope once again. Aghast, he decided to breath some fresh air hoping to find an iota of peace.

He stood by his window and looked at the vast expanse of inky blackness of the sky as the night went on. The velvety darkness seemed terrifying yet strangely comforting as the stars twinkled as if comforting the dullness of the night; the kind of comfort that he himself struggled to find.

With the ticking of the clock, the night turned pristine and icy cold, and a sense of hollowness for eternity just like the endless blanket of darkness took over his mind. He was destined to live with this guilt for the rest of his life and he knew he deserved every bit of it. The stillness of the hour was eerie and the world seemed to stop; the only sound being his breathing and the hammering of his heart in his chest. He stared at the empty space hoping for the night to end and not just physically.

Lost in the ambiguity, he missed the light pink sky with golden rays that cut through as the blue sky came about.

……

“Karan?” He heard his mother call out umpteenth time when he decided to open the door.  Disheveled and unkempt, he wished her a good morning, internally laughing at the irony of the situation.

“ By any chance did you sleep last night?” There wasn’t a day when his mother didn’t ask him this, and they both hoped to hear a different answer one day. But not all wishes come true, do they? He smiled and hugged her and chose to not answer her this time.

“For how long are you going to punish yourself Karan? It’s been months. You can’t keep living like this!” Rakhi exclaimed in exasperation.

‘Did he have an answer to that one? Could he know the exact time  till he felt like his heart was on fire and not his body but his soul was burning into ashes with each passing second?

“I am fine, maa”

“Karan. I have come to take you home, son.”

He didn’t know if it was his lack of sleep but the moment those words left her mouth, he felt a sudden knot in the pit of his stomach. Home had a different meaning to him now and so did family. Could he go that place which he once called home? Could he ever face him again? 

Edited by Scarlet.ferro - 4 years ago

Please do leave a response if at all interested. đŸ˜Š

Ooh really intriguing. Do update soon!

Very nice, please update soon

Originally posted by Haal-e-Dil

Ooh really intriguing. Do update soon!

Thank you đŸ˜Š

Chapter 2

On the drive to the home,karan was quiet. After contemplating for a while under his mother’s frequent hopeful glances he decided to finally go to his place. He wasn’t really sure of what to expect because nothing could come out of this visit but for how long was he going to hide anyway.

“He is not keeping well,lately karan.” 

“Then this may not be the right time for me to be anywhere near him”

“No karan, you two need to sit down and talk. We all have a lot to work out and we cant do that if we aren’t willing to spend the time together, let alone live under the same roof! And that’s your own house son, you cant keep running away from your family”  

His mother’s voice slowly kept fading into the thin air as his mind refused to process beyond ‘you need to talk’ part.  â€˜He will walk in this house over my dead body’ he had said. His elder brother. The brother who loved him beyond words and expression. How was he going to face him after months of silence and abundance of hate. He, for a fact knew Rishabh hated him and he didn’t need words to know that. The burning rage that his elder brother’s eyes held, froze his blood and paralyzed his soul.Unfortunately, who was to be blamed but he.

The night was still fresh as if happened seconds ago. He had just returned from the hospital and the memory of her lying almost lifeless in the pool of her blood was sucking his own life with each passing second. He rushed to embrace Rishabh, to protect and hide himself under his warm shadow like always when he pulled him away from himself rather forcefully and threw him out of his house and life. Rishabh threw him out of the Loothra mansion, swearing and vowing to never see his face again. 

“Karan!” His mother broke his trance as she spoke.   

“Yes ma”

“Where are you lost? We have reached! Stop the car!”

Karan screeched his car to a halt and his body jerked; Tensed, his hands gripped the steering until his fingers went numb. The day he was dreading for the last six months was now just a few steps ahead and he didn’t know how to feel about it.

His mother got down to give him a minute to himself and he was glad.

As soon as he stepped outside the car, the cold winter breeze ruffled his hair and the tang of chill filled his nose. His constant feel of hollowness slowly changed and his face contorted in an all - consuming guilt pain and regret. May be it was time.There was no escape left for him and he was too exhausted. Bracing himself for the impact yet to come, he decided to take his steps towards the white building which held surfeit of memories.

……

A slight wind blew up a storm as Karan stood at the doorstep of his home. Every minute details of that dreadful night were revealed like a sculpture's features being chipped away with each sway of the gust.

He felt his legs frozen to the spot the moment his eyes saw Rishabh who was busy on his call. The very next second Rishabh turned and karan faced his brother after one-hundred-eighty-three-days. 

Please guys, do let the writer know if you are liking the story so far. It will encourage me to write more for you guys <3

hey, i dont think anyone is interested. 

i will discontinue it here.

Originally posted by Scarlet.ferro

hey, i dont think anyone is interested. 

i will discontinue it here.

no no please don't I am interested!!!! This is just a very sloooooooooooooooooooow forum, people take time to catch up.