Posted: 4 years ago

I cannot believe how much they are moving Nishant  to grey shades. He was supposed to be a positive character and even vatsL was described that but it seems like the writers have decided to make him borderline possessive. I wonder if mishti is nishants new addiction with his addictive personality and he wants to win her. 

It’s passing me off. I had hoped he would see his friends struggle and come to rescue their relationship after finding out the truth and pull a salmon khan Kkhh style. Instead he is teaming with Big Ben. For real though I wish writers see this because I’m hella annoyed. 

I agree with you. I hate when they make the 3rd wheel negative just to absolve the main lead(s) for breaking their heart or make one of the main leads better. Its about as contrived as it gets. 

I am also annoyed by Abir’s storyline. I didn’t like the way he gate crashed several times. It felt really inconsiderate towards Nishant and the rest of the family. The way he expected a second chance just didn’t feel right. As much as I like Mishti and Abir together, I don’t feel happy about how it happened. And now making Nishant negative because of it actually makes me more sympathetic towards him.

This is why I always hate third angle tracks. Either they make the third wheel negative or the couple comes across unfair towards another person.

But that's the case with almost every character in the show, not just the 3rd wheel!

Nannu's character is compromised now the same way Abir's character was compromised with the whole Kunal truth Blackmailing and breakup or Mishti's with running away after Kuhu Haldi, hiding truth during baba track or Kuhu pushing Mishti during Janamashtami or BadePapa suddenly taking this NishMish shaadi decision against his better judgement!

Almost every single character is compromised to move the story forward! Nannu is definitely not an exception.

Edited by SheThought - 4 years ago

Is Nishant really grey, though? Or is it just that he took a proactive step against the leads' romance?

The moral compass on this show has always been heavily skewed towards the leads. Any time they make a mistake, someone else's mistake is blown out of proportion so they look like victims. It's been the MO of the writing since day one, so if they do throw Nishant under the bus (which I'm still not entirely certain they will), it won't be a surprise. On this show, anyone who is in support of the leads' romance is "positive" and anyone who is not is either "grey" or "negative." We must simply forget that other characters might have motivations, feelings, and an internal logic of their own. 

The thing that most disappoints, and in fact scares me, about this so-called "redemption" of Abir is how it plays fast and loose with the concept of consent. The same Abir who once quoted Pink to Shweta and reminded her that "na ka matlab na hi hota hai," is now refusing to take no for an answer. And Mishti (with her dreams of Abir being dismissive to her family and rescuing her) is complicit in this dangerous game of "no means yes." It was not Abir's place to defend Mishti at the temple, when she and the family have explicitly told him to stay away, and it is incredibly careless to show this as some grand, romantic gesture. And what did Nishant see after that? Abir holding onto Mishti's hand while Mishti begged him to let her go. 

In today's episode, Nishant compared Abir to a drug for Mishti, and I think from what he has seen that is actually an accurate assessment. Nishant came back to India with an open mind about Mishti and Abir's relationship but what he saw mirrored addiction very closely. Mishti showed unhealthy dependence, lied to her family, kept insisting that one hit would solve everything, came back increasingly broken each time, but always insisting that the next hit would do the trick. Nishant has been through this with drugs, and he's essentially treating Mishti like a friend who has asked him for de-addiction support. 

The decision Nishant made today is certainly debateable in terms of circumstantial vs. absolute morality, but in my books, it's far more defensible than Abir's harassment (yes, once the individual has said no, it IS harassment). Eventually, Nishant will realise that Mishti was lying to him as well -- she wasn't really sincere about quitting -- but until then, all I see is a friend who is doing everything in his power to protect someone he cares about from going down the same path he did.

Edited by Samanalyse - 4 years ago

It was always like that Yaar 

Nannu ko glorify karne ke liye abir ko scapegoat banaya and now it's nannu's turn. 

Jab abir was emotional mess Tab nannu ki saari gentleman qualities CVs Dikha rahe the. I am happy that he's turning like this, I really want his grey shade to come in front of mish 

x-post

I had to post earlier in a rush. So I am posting in detail now.  Great points on this thread and the other one I posted above. I think this show has a lot to offer but the makers keep shying from tackling the key problems. smiley21

Firstly, Abir. They should address his sense of entitlement.He is the way he is because nanu played the good cop more than he should have. Bigben had very few resources at hand to discipline him. We need to remember she had to forever be prepared for Mehul to make an appearance. The writers should address Abir’s need for absconding, WITHOUT involving Mishti. They should show that Abir struggled with the high demands that Bigben placed on him and how he working through that now. This habit of packing his bags should stop. He should start balancing his relationships. How does he afford this lifestyle? He does not draw a huge salary from the NGO one would hope. A single phone tracking app cannot be that profitablesmiley44. He needs to turn up at the family business more. There is so much meat to exploit here.  Dear Makers, show us a redemption where Abir starts to see his mother’s point of view. How she made it in a man’s world. There is very little fun in showing us a vamp mother in law. Instead a son who started to see his mother’s point of view will be more fun. One who teams with his half-brother to manage Bigben’s insecurities. Imagine how entertaining that would be. (They should have done that while Mishti was in London… but better late than never). I don’t want to see a weak limpy (no GM smiley15 ) male lead. Do something worthwhile with the Bigben’s character.

Mishti’s character and her rock bottom self-worth has all the underpinnings of someone who would look for this addiction sort of love.One that keeps her image intact in her mind. The image of the “perfect” person that various foster family members have created in her mind. At one point they gave her a great dialogue - Abir taught her to accept love and accept her family. I never saw that happen. But even if we assume it did happen, the makers should show her confident enough to tell her family that she still loves Abir and now that he is ready to made amends, she would want to marry him. She needs to stop the jaap of “main sahee thee”. It’s okay to be right and still not be praised a gazillion times for it Mishti! Think again, are you sure you want the roller coaster that Abir is? Because your elders will ask you that question. Please own your love story. Don’t expect others to run it for you

I love everyones points but thats the issue isnt it? Why does one character have to be portrayed negatively to portray other as positive. Its ridiculous. 

Nanu could easily have decided to step back and it would have been very kkhh like everyone would love him more and wish more for his character. Im starting to strongly dislike him and could care less now what happens which is noT what u want especially since his character did start out so layered with the addiction

Mostly all the points are covered. So I am not gonna play a repeat telecast by again stating the same.

For me the things that was working well initially was - Nannu aka Nishant being the strongest support pillar to Mishti as her best friend and helping her out with her relationship with Abir. He didn't know Abir well enough to trust him, instead he had put his belief in Mishti's faith in her love. He was brought in like a true best friend. An ideal one.

What went wrong - [Can I say, almost everything? -_-] Turning Nishant as an irrational guy who is unwilling to see his best friend, Mishti's reluctance and stilling wanting to bind her in a long term relationship like marriage with himself. This is not just going to destroy MishBir's life but also is self destructive from him. 

*I don't even talk about other characters rn*

Originally posted by ShenzK

Turning Nishant as an irrational guy who is unwilling to see his best friend, Mishti's reluctance and stilling wanting to bind her in a long term relationship like marriage with himself. This is not just going to destroy MishBir's life but also is self destructive from him. 

@Shen, Nishant is very well aware that Mishti still loves Abir but she is marrying him because, when her elders made a case to her, she saw the point of marrying someone who (and whose family) would welcome her. 

I said this elsewhere too, choosing to marry a person who will bring stability to your life, is a choice many people make. They may still be in love with their ex, but as mishti herself said,  todne wale se banane wala bada hota hai. That is why Nishant is still marrying Mishti. And today he added 100% clarification - his interpretation is that Abir is like an addiction for Mishti. i.e. Abir is not life time partner material but a temporary fix. If Mishti thinks otherwise, why is she not saying so? 

Nishant has no reason to believe that Mishti does not want to marry him. He is walking into this fully aware that he is option 2. However, Mishti herself said she is choosing to marry him now. Its not Nishant's responsibility to take care of MA's love story. In fact he came all the way from London for that. When he saw that Abir could not follow through, he started to consider the proposal from Bade papa. (In fact this is Jasmeet's whole issue. Mishti will come into this marriage with so much baggage, Nishant has his own addiction to handle. How will they make it work!?) 

After Mishti chose stability over sufiana pyar, the family attached their hopes and happiness to the NishMish rishta. Mishti DID NOT choose family over love. She chose family's suggested choice over her lover. Two very different hings 

Edited by thedramaqueen - 4 years ago

Originally posted by thedramaqueen

@Shen, Nishant is very well aware that Mishti still loves Abir but she is marrying him because, when her elders made a case to her, she saw the point of marrying someone who (and whose family) would welcome her. 

I said this elsewhere too, choosing to marry a person who will bring stability to your life, is a choice many people make. They may still be in love with their ex, but as mishti herself said,  todne wale se banane wala bada hota hai. That is why Nishant is still marrying Mishti. And today he added 100% clarification - his interpretation is that Abir is like an addiction for Mishti. i.e. Abir is not life time partner material but a temporary fix. If Mishti thinks otherwise, why is she not saying so? 

Nishant has no reason to believe that Mishti does not want to marry him. He is walking into this fully aware that he is option 2. However, Mishti herself said she is choosing to marry him now. Its not Nishant's responsibility to take care of MA's love story. In fact he came all the way from London for that. When he saw that Abir could not follow through, he started to consider the proposal from Bade papa. (In fact this is Jasmeet's whole issue. Mishti will come into this marriage with so much baggage, Nishant has his own addiction to handle. How will they make it work!?) 

After Mishti chose stability over sufiana pyar, the family attached their hopes and happiness to the NishMish rishta. Mishti DID NOT choose family over love. She chose family's suggested choice over her lover. Two very different hings 

Agreed. Mishti and Abir are more at fault than anyone else in this. In fact, I find them solely responsible for their situation. [In fact, BenBa would have not been able to achieve what she did had these two been strong enough but..]

My problem with the makers is that they are slowly trying to show Nishant as an obsessive person. (That's the vibe I have been getting recently) I am not liking the shift in his character that they are trying to bring because they want to show MishBir in good light.