Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan and Tabu

Jaya Bachchan and Amitabh Bachchan at IIFA

Jaya Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by: umi82990

Hey Guys

I watched the 52nd Filmfare Awards yesterday night. I must say that the Bachchans Family was totally awesome. I loved what they all wore. I loved how SRK would keep in saying sorry to Big B for the Don remake and how his resolution was not to do anymore Big B movies!! I WAS SOOOO HAPPY..I WAS CLAPPING AND SCREAMING!!! I was also very touched when Jaya-ji got the lifetime achievement award! The whole family was the there and it was just an emotional moment. I loved how Jaya-ji acknowledged Nickil and then Aishwarya. It was just so sweet. I loved it when Abhishek recieved the award by Aish. That was also very sweet!!!

Overall the awards were awesome and the Bachchans ROCKED THE NIGHT!!! I was in heaven then!!!!😳

I was proud to be a Bachchans Fan!!!!πŸ˜‰

very rightly said uma-i agree whole bachchan family was soo graceful and dignified at the award function-it was soo touchy and heart warming to see jaya ji recieving lifetime achievement from Big B and she was soo sweet when she acknowledge abt ash -very dignified and charming lady indeed-rightly the first lady of the film industry.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘-

I also feel so proud to be fan of this truely awesome family-

"Bachchan's rocks"!!!!!!

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Busting the 'B'ig myth
Author Jessica Hines talks about her attempt to decipher the enigmatic Amitabh Bachchan
Farhana Farook
THAT she had to abort writing the biography on Amitabh Bachchan due to an alleged legal threat by the superstar, doesn't seem to have perturbed British writer Jessica Hines. Rather she says, "My book 'Looking for the Big B-Bollywood, Bachchan & Me' is more revealing than a biography Creatively I had more . , fun with it. And it's a warning for biographers who become friends with their subject." Friends and foes: Quiz her on what went wrong between her and the Big B and Jessica confesses, "In friendships, there's sometimes misunderstanding, tension and anger. We just got cross with each other and fell out. When you analyse, the reasons seem silly today She adds, ." "Today I'm friends with him. He finds the book 'cool'." Extraordinarily ordinary: Nevertheless, what inspired Jessica to hem in Bachchan in a book? "He's larger-than-life. I wanted to know what makes him tick. You're used to finding celebrities disappoint you. But he didn't. I want ed to know why?" she thinks aloud. The book mentions Bachchan saying that he's an ordinary man, to whom extraordinary things have happened. Jessica recalls, "I asked him why he said that and he replied, 'I just read that and thought it was a nice thing to say It . sounded unpretentious'." Sane superstar: Jessica continues, "Every human being is ordinary But extraordinary is . the way he handles it!" The author adds, "I was watching a documentary on the Big B, in which Salman Rushdie says, 'I don't know how he remains sane'." But Jessica cautions, "Putting people on a pedestal shows a sloppy mental state. It also implies that we have the power to knock them off." Myths and more: So what are the myths that she'd like to bust about the Big B? "He's not all that tall. He's no giant. Also he surfs the channels, which I find very irritating." But that has not stopped women of all ages from drooling over him. "Most stars are boys. But he has played a man-an adult sexual male always," Jessica says of his on-screen sex-appeal. What annoys Jessica is when sensible women gape as 'goldfish' in his company How-.

ever, she admits, "He smells good. He uses several scents at a time. My friend said, 'He's the most fragrant man on the continent!' The Wizard of Oz: Jessica continues with a 'friendly myth busting' exercise, "In the last scene of the film 'The Wizard of Oz', Dorothy's dog pulls aside the curtain to show that behind the shimmering image of the wizard is a little man working on a machine. The wizard then shouts, 'Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain'!" Jessica's Jaan: When Jessica, the woman is quizzed about whether she's still friends with Aamir Khan (alleged father of her son), she states sternly "I don't want to talk about Aamir , Khan." Compliment her on the poetic Indian name Jaan given to her toddler and the mother gushes, "He's my love, my life! [email protected]

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
Pachu.P thumbnail
OMG!..hailaaaa...wat a night it was last night!..hayeeeeee...the whole Award was splendid...right from Amrita's performance to Hrithik performance....every1 did terrific job!...loved Sridevi's performance....haila...she even beats Madhuri on performing...she was looking splendid!

Loved A.R. Rehman's performance....hayeeee....especially...the "tere bina" song...i was just like went back to dream world😍....its one of my fav. songs...i listen to it 24/7😳

Loved Amrita, Bipasha, Sredevi, Rani's performance on the 60's, 70s, 80s, and 90s era...too good choreographed!

OMG...during one of the commercials'....i told mom n sis...i miss juhi..haven't seen her in looonggg time..n...haila...as soon as i say that...the awards are back on...n...srk introduces juhi...i was like...nuhuh...im dreaming aren't i...omg...she looked sooo preety...hope she does movies😳

And hailaa...my sweetooo was lookin sooo sweet...n...hayeee...that too in suit and hailaa...w/beard....u know my haal....goner!!...i fainted everytime he came on screen!!😳...n...hayeee...he cried when Jayaji got her award 😭 ...but loved what She n Javed saab said..."Forget it"...i was like πŸ˜†

And OMG!...when Ash came to give award to Abhi...hailaaa...i was waiting for Karisma..to c her reaction...hehe...she must've been jealous...heh!...she deserves it πŸ˜›

One thing i thought wasn't right was...Hrithik for best actor...where i believed Sanjay deserved it for Lage Raho...

Luved it when Srk said "no more remaking big b films" and when Vidhu Vinod Chopra said to Srk.."It does not mean you talk like this when i don't cast you in my film"...way to gooooo Vinod...that's the spirit! πŸ₯³

Hated the way Srk was mocking Aamir...common SRK...sab aapki tarah free to nahin hain! πŸ˜›

And when the thing for D2 came for Best Picture...i was thinking Hrithik aayega...lekin i was shocked when Abhi came...*hayee i drooled again*....and i was shocked!..cuz i thought Hrithik was the actor in D2..not Abhi! πŸ˜•

And hailaa...everytime Abhi came on screen...i would jump...hehe..n..its soo obvious that Abhi-Ash love each other immensly...u could tell...in their eyesπŸ€“

but overall....drooling, crying, and jumping was the thing last night!...had a blast! πŸ˜ƒ

*not meant to offened ANY Srk Fans*

Edited by ~Pachu*n*Abhi~ - 17 years ago
umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Amitabh Bachchan will brush up his Punjabi for Deepa Mehta's 'Exclusion'

Amitabh BachchanAmitabh Bachchan plays a role of Sikh activist in Deepa Mehta's 'Exclusion'. For that he need too speak in Punjabi. Big B says, "I'm not good with languages. But yes, I'll brush up my Punjabi for Deepa's film. And yes, my mother is Punjabi. So I do speak the language a bit." But Deepa is more confident on this matter. She speaks, "I don't think speaking in Punjabi will be a problem for Mr. Bachchan. He's versatile, as well as sincere and enthusiastic. When I was in Mumbai, we spoke not only about the project but a lot of other things also. That's when I realized how deep his knowledge of cinema is. Of course, he has expressed apprehensions about speaking in Punjabi, in his usual modest way. But I know he'll be fine."

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Everyone,
   We have successfully finished off Fan Club 7 and now are at a new place. YES...FAN CLUB 8 HAS BEEN OPENED!!!!!!!!!

Here is the link: https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=553598

We will see you there!!πŸ˜‰