Posted: 4 years ago

it. “Mental illness happened to me when I had least expected it. I was at a professional high, my movies were doing great and I was in an amazing relationship. Everything was going just perfect. One morning when I woke up and I felt all was well, I fainted. Luckily the house help came and saw me on the floor. I was taken to a doctor and I was told it was nothing and probably just some blood pressure fluctuation or something like physical tiredness. Those were the first physical signs. For a long time, I just felt like sleeping, not going out, not meeting people” she said at the event.

She also revealed that it was her mother, Ujjala Padukone, who had advised her to get professional help. “Luckily, my mother had come to my place and when my parents were packing, I just started crying. She asked me what was it and I had no answer. At that time, my mother told me that I probably needed professional help and that’s how I began consulting a psychiatrist” Deepika said.

“After I was diagnosed with a clinical depression regarding my mental health, I had to even lie when someone asked me how was I doing. I would say, I’m great, though I was actually terrible,” she further added.

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/i-fainted-i-was-diagnosed-with-clinical-depression-deepika-padukone-recalled-her-mental-illness-at-w_159509

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 4 years ago

Not gonna lie jaise yeh mohtarma har cheez me apni depression ki gatha sunati hai ek din Maine faint ho jaana hai yeh sun sunke. 

She should stop this now start thinking what next and move on ur depression was coz of Ranbir but Rannveer is there so plzzzzz stop it

I believed ur depression story is truth but plz stop exaggerating now

she won an award in Switzerland for her live love laugh foundation that why she is talking about it, she isn't randomly mentioning it, this quote is from the interview that she had there, they were asking her about her experience with depression 

Edited by zara321 - 4 years ago

Originally posted by zara321

she won an award in Switzerland

Wohi Switzerland jiska Tourism Ambassador Ranveer Singh Hai? Interesting. 

Agayi apni same gishi piti story now non believe her

If I have watched the right video, she said this while receiving the crystal award in World Economic forum for her foundation LLL. She was being awarded for LLL so she explained what motivated her to start the foundation. Her depression story may or may not be true, but she was not speaking out of context here just to repeat a sob story.

Not a fan of her, but I observed she gets bashed even for breathing here 

Edited by .Lonewalker. - 4 years ago

Originally posted by .Lonewalker.

she was not speaking out of context here just to repeat a sob story.

Thats not the issue. the issue is the victim mind-set that this woman has. everything is always SOMEONE ELSES fault. She's been doing this since her debut, always portraying herself as a victim  feel sorry for me but touch me not 

Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

Thats not the issue. the issue is the victim mind-set that this woman has. everything is always SOMEONE ELSES fault. She's been doing this since her debut, always portraying herself as a victim  feel sorry for me but touch me not 

Yeah I know the outrageous PR activity she is (in)famous for. Neither do I support it.

But just in this case, she was telling what she was supposed to. So bashing her for this seems pretty pointless, at least to me.

That is from her speech. Get a hobby, trolls.