HotFuzz thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Trailer was okayish. Hope the movie does well

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: theprince

another crap film like dream girl and people will go gaga over it

Dream girl was so so CRAP that I left in after 10 minutes. idk why it got so many praises. matlab ainwyi kuchbhi gyan peloge

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Why are Ayushmans eyes popping when they kiss? Why can’t they just kiss normally? It’s things like this that make these things so homophobic 

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Why are Ayushmans eyes popping when they kiss? Why can’t they just kiss normally? It’s things like this that make these things so homophobic 

May be because he was not expecting a kiss at that time, that's why his eyes popped in surprise/shock. Same could have happened if a guy kissed a girl or vice versa in a baraat in front of so many people.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I watched an interview of AK with Anupama Chopra. She was asking him how come he doesn't have the same patriarchal mindset seen in small town India.

His response was that he arrived in Mumbai with precisely the patriarchal attitude she talked about. His exposure to the wider world, plus his girlfriend (now wife), changed his mind about things.  I'm paraphrasing from memory, so excuse any errors, pls.

My feeling is that AK is playing the roles/choosing scripts he relates to. Small town guy faced with a problem which disturbs his outlook on life. 

One more thought while I'm at it: middle class India is what needs to change it's mind about homosexuality. Upper class is just as bigoted, but they will be more careful to hide it. Middle class will relate more to a SMZS than a navel gazing movie like ELKDTAL. So yeah AK has a much higher chance of social change, small though it might be initially.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Glitter_In_Eye

May be because he was not expecting a kiss at that time, that's why his eyes popped in surprise/shock. Same could have happened if a guy kissed a girl or vice versa in a baraat in front of so many people.

I got that, but they should show some real passionate kisses too if they really want to cause social change or initiate any kind of conversation. 

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

[QUOTE=ponymo] I still remember those disgusting comments you made before just to defend homosexuals does not mean you have to attack members personally. Eww cheap wishes you had for members, god saves from it. On topic, I like how ayushmann is choosing different stories. It makes me happy seeing real outsiders like kartik aaryan and ayushmann khurrana doing well in movies, hope hit continues for them.