Alia Bhatt Trolled For Gangubai Kothewali - Page 3

Posted: 4 years ago

She is looking fab. Not a fan of SLB movies but looking forward to this..because Aloo!

I was just so bored of her after kalank, but this looks good

Originally posted by briahna

99.9% positive says about the look.

deal with it. 99.9% eagerly looking forward for this one now, after the first look.

highway, udta punjab, raazi, gully boy.

😆

How come you didnt mention Kalank? aap toh us time bhi excited the and when the movie flopped aap toh gayab hi ho gaye 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 4 years ago

Looks like a lil innocent young girl has entered fancy dress competition. 

Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

How come you didnt mention Kalank? aap toh us time bhi excited the and when the movie flopped aap toh gayab hi ho gaye 

i did not even mention dear zindagi which was floppy in some eyes. one movie of hers i loved. and there are many in between hits too which i did not mention.

kalank flopped, so be it. at least she did not pull stunts to promote. and a floppy in your career is all good too. i consider it healthy. flying high always is not good either. hope she learnt from kalank, and i am eagerly waiting to see how she delivers such a challenging role. and we all know SLB does pay extra attention to his actors, especially actresses. i have a feeling alia will nail it. i hope SLB whips her and get a solid performance!

😃

we all know SLB does pay extra attention to his actors, especially actresses. i have a feeling alia will nail it. i hope SLB whips her and get a solid performance!

😃

But he decided to scrap all dancing/singing scenes with Alia because he knows she cant pull it off.  ITNA bhi yakeen nahi hai apne muse pei? 

Poster pei likha hai Mafia Queen lekin Alia looking like Mafia Queen ki soteli beti. Ek Bindi lagake koi Mafia Queen nahi ban jati. Umar aur shakal bhi honi chaiye Mafia wali. 

Just remember agar yeh  Bindi chamkegi...toh Kangana bhi kankegi 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 4 years ago

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

people said the same when she did Raazi, saying she doesn't look like a married women and stuff, when it turned out the real Sehmat(or the fictional whatever), was a 19 years old girl. So lets see how it is presented. Prostitute or Gangsters don't have a look, it all depends on how they the character is portrayed, agar chutiya acting karegi toh OUATIMD ki Imran Khan jaisa hoga, aur agar acchi acting aur mehnat karegi toh Ali Faizal in Mirzapur jaisa mast ho sakta hai. Neither Imran nor Ali had the typical stereotyped gansta look, but one worked hard, the other didn't.

Kalank mai Alia was weak link, not because she didn't looked like a woman, but because she didn't worked hard enough to capture that character.

honestly, IMO, in Raazi also she didnt look like a kashmiri at all......despite her mom being a kashmiri............ just like Sadia playing the female lead in Shikara, looks like a kashmiri completely (dont know from which part she is though)

same way, when i think of a female mafia don, the immediate face that comes to mind is PC......and maybe Vidya or Rani as second thought...... not Katrina, not Deepika not even Shraddha or Jhanvi / Sara......and i feel the basic body structure of a person also helps a lot in making the character believable ( as we learn in vfx and character creation industry) hence Alia doesnt fit while PC fits.....

ab aage toh sab acting aur direction par based hain......that we all know and agree upon....

Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

But he decided to scrap all dancing/singing scenes with Alia because he knows she cant pull it off.  ITNA bhi yakeen nahi hai apne muse pei? 

Poster pei likha hai Mafia Queen lekin Alia looking like Mafia Queen ki soteli beti. Ek Bindi lagake koi Mafia Queen nahi ban jata. Umar aur shakal bhi honi chaiye Mafia wali.

thats the beauty of it. actors are to act, not to dance only.  rani in black is the best from SLB. did she dance? and Manisha, another good one from SLB, did she dance.

so what alia can't dance. there are enough dancers in industry to entertain. i want to see acting before dancing.

if she fails, we can have a field day, but if she delivers?

😉

Originally posted by anjs

honestly, IMO, in Raazi also she didnt look like a kashmiri at all......despite her mom being a kashmiri............ just like Sadia playing the female lead in Shikara, looks like a kashmiri completely (dont know from which part she is though)

same way, when i think of a female mafia don, the immediate face that comes to mind is PC......and maybe Vidya or Rani as second thought...... not Katrina, not Deepika not even Shraddha or Jhanvi / Sara......and i feel the basic body structure of a person also helps a lot in making the character believable ( as we learn in vfx and character creation industry) hence Alia doesnt fit while PC fits.....

ab aage toh sab acting aur direction par based hain......that we all know and agree upon....

Gangubai ki pic dekhke woh konsi angle se dangerous woman lagti hai. Gangster hone ka matlab thori naa darawni ya bold lagegi, Dawood konsa darawna lagta hai, Mallu soft p0rn ka romantic hero lagta hai.

thats the beauty of it. actors are to act, not to dance only.  rani in black is the best from SLB. did she dance? and Manisha, another good one from SLB, did she dance.

so what alia can't dance. there are enough dancers in industry to entertain. i want to see acting before dancing.

if she fails, we can have a field day, but if she delivers?

😉

Yeah but isnt she a kothewali in the movie? how can she not dance then? Woh toh jaroori hai na? Dancing is a huge part of Bollywood, we cant discount just because our favs dont know how to do it. Is she not gonna dance in Takht too? 

Cant overlook someones weaknesses just cuz we like them.