Is Kunal falling in love with Kuhu?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Post leap there were so many unanswered questions around Kunal and Kuhu. Their divorce took a backseat coz of some legal implications and they are staying together for 3 months. Kuhu turned stone towards her feelings for Kunal and started marking dates on a calendar denoting how long they are tied in this forceful relationship. 

Then we saw a very beautiful hospital scene where Kunal was worried about Kuhu and how in a vulnerable state Kuhu blurted that she's gonna be left alone again. The misunderstanding after that where Kunal couldn't tell her that he did indeed stay back with her all night at the hospital, was not cleared. 

So basically we know Kuhu was heartbroken, she is heading for the divorce as per Kunal's wish and that it is going to be tough to tell this news to her family. But what exactly is Kunal feeling? What are his inner feelings? We never got a picture of how he feels..

Kunal always works like a robot with his standard dialogues- "Bhai sabse important", "Bhai ke liye kuch bhi", "Maa ke liye", "Mere liye family se badh kar kuch nahi", etc. What are his feelings for Kuhu? I know he's going through a lot with his birth revelation and is slowly realizing his mistakes. I'm happy he's now trying to make others happy by actually thinking about what they want and not just blindly following his mom. But the KuKu fan inside me badly wants him to think about himself and his feelings for Kuhu. He's taken her too much for granted. I bet he'll be shattered the day she leaves.

The scenes in yesterday's and tonight's episode were so touching. Loved how they both looked at their wedding picture and realized that was going to end soon. Kuhu gave up and doesn't want anybody else to face what she has faced - a loveless marriage, a one-sided love without a future. On the other hand Kunal looked at the picture and was sad but what is he thinking? Is he falling in love with her? Does he want to stay with her? Does he want the divorce? Is he giving up like her? 

There were so many open ended scenes:

•  If you're a KuKu fan you must've remembered the "aur main" which was left incomplete. 
  • The hospital misunderstanding 
  • The timeoff where he smiles and approaches to talk something and Parul enters 
  • Yesterday he could've gone behind her and talked about the loveless marriage but he didn't 

If any of the makers are reading this, please show us a progression in their story! You've made us fall in love with this pair with a beautiful writing. Please continue to give us a story. It's a sincere request! 

Originally posted by nami2811

Post leap there were so many unanswered questions around Kunal and Kuhu. Their divorce took a backseat coz of some legal implications and they are staying together for 3 months. Kuhu turned stone towards her feelings for Kunal and started marking dates on a calendar denoting how long they are tied in this forceful relationship. 

Then we saw a very beautiful hospital scene where Kunal was worried about Kuhu and how in a vulnerable state Kuhu blurted that she's gonna be left alone again. The misunderstanding after that where Kunal couldn't tell her that he did indeed stay back with her all night at the hospital, was not cleared. 

So basically we know Kuhu was heartbroken, she is heading for the divorce as per Kunal's wish and that it is going to be tough to tell this news to her family. But what exactly is Kunal feeling? What are his inner feelings? We never got a picture of how he feels..

Kunal always works like a robot with his standard dialogues- "Bhai sabse important", "Bhai ke liye kuch bhi", "Maa ke liye", "Mere liye family se badh kar kuch nahi", etc. What are his feelings for Kuhu? I know he's going through a lot with his birth revelation and is slowly realizing his mistakes. I'm happy he's now trying to make others happy by actually thinking about what they want and not just blindly following his mom. But the KuKu fan inside me badly wants him to think about himself and his feelings for Kuhu. He's taken her too much for granted. I bet he'll be shattered the day she leaves.

The scenes in yesterday's and tonight's episode were so touching. Loved how they both looked at their wedding picture and realized that was going to end soon. Kuhu gave up and doesn't want anybody else to face what she has faced - a loveless marriage, a one-sided love without a future. On the other hand Kunal looked at the picture and was sad but what is he thinking? Is he falling in love with her? Does he want to stay with her? Does he want the divorce? Is he giving up like her? 

There were so many open ended scenes:

•  If you're a KuKu fan you must've remembered the "aur main" which was left incomplete. 
  • The hospital misunderstanding 
  • The timeoff where he smiles and approaches to talk something and Parul enters 
  • Yesterday he could've gone behind her and talked about the loveless marriage but he didn't 

If any of the makers are reading this, please show us a progression in their story! You've made us fall in love with this pair with a beautiful writing. Please continue to give us a story. It's a sincere request! 

Yes its disappointing how KuKu story is taking a backseat. But I think there is too much on Kunal's mind with his birth mom being Parul and how Meenakshi has been manipulating. That he hasnt had the time to reflect on his feelings. Also, it doesnt seem like he wants to acknowledge what he feels. I dont think he is in love with Kuhu just yet. Otherwise, one side love has been mentioned multiple times and we are never shown how Kunal feels about that comment. Either he doesnt know or the directors dont care enought to show as they are all Mishbir.

Asking or Expecting anything for Kunal-Kuhu from this show is like a "Bhains ke Aage Bin Bajana" ðŸ¤ª

Originally posted by lopli

Yes its disappointing how KuKu story is taking a backseat. But I think there is too much on Kunal's mind with his birth mom being Parul and how Meenakshi has been manipulating. That he hasnt had the time to reflect on his feelings. Also, it doesnt seem like he wants to acknowledge what he feels. I dont think he is in love with Kuhu just yet. Otherwise, one side love has been mentioned multiple times and we are never shown how Kunal feels about that comment. Either he doesnt know or the directors dont care enought to show as they are all Mishbir.

Haan.. whole univers shud be Mishbir shipper, warna this 'Universe is Selfish' ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£

The way I see it, Kunal has always had feelings for Kuhu, right from the moment he ran into her on a deserted road and she gave him a new perspective on dealing with his past. He agreed for their rishta only after meeting her that night, and if you go back and watch those episodes, you can see just how smitten he was with her, and how upsetting the rishta swap was for him too. 

BUT the fundamental principle of Kunal's life was to be the son that Abir couldn't be for BB and so he paid absolutely no attention to his own feelings, and blindly did what Meenu told him to in the interest of "parivar ki ekta." He comes off as robotic, becuase he repeats these lines to remind himself to mash down his own feelings and act in what Meenu has taught him is the interest of the family. 

His real feelings come out only when he is alone (like when he found himself crying in the room before KC), when he is drunk (like the bachelor/hen's party night), or when he is emotionally vulnerable or scared (the visarjan hug, the hospital). Otherwise, he keeps these feelings tightly under wraps because he has been made to feel like prioritising his own feelings is a betrayal of his family. This played out quite literally with the spiking incident: Kunal tried to object on the grounds that it was Kuhu's family and BB responded by pitting Kuhu's family against theirs and making him choose. 

And this is what BB has done time and again -- this is how she convinced him to deceive Kuhu, and why he eventually served Kuhu divorce papers. Even now, after BB's pardafash, Kunal is consciously setting aside his feelings for Kuhu to help Abir win Mishti back. This was clearly illustrated when he woke up (on Kuhu's sofa!), rushed to the calendar and then almost reluctantly turned his eyes to the photo of him and Abir. 

In many ways, Kunal is the mirror image of Abir. Where Abir made huge promises and then fell totally flat when it came to execution, Kunal hesitates to make any promises at all unless he knows beforehand that he will be able to fulfill them. That is why, despite his feelings for Kuhu, despite the fact that she has become such an indespensible part of his life, he refuses to come forward and ask her to stay -- he is well aware that the next time he is called upon to prioritise his brother or mom over her, he will do so without skipping a beat. He doesn't want to promise anything until he can promise everything, and he knows he can't. 

Originally posted by lopli

That's what I'm saying. We do not know what he's feeling 

Originally posted by Samanalyse

The way I see it, Kunal has always had feelings for Kuhu, right from the moment he ran into her on a deserted road and she gave him a new perspective on dealing with his past. He agreed for their rishta only after meeting her that night, and if you go back and watch those episodes, you can see just how smitten he was with her, and how upsetting the rishta swap was for him too. 

BUT the fundamental principle of Kunal's life was to be the son that Abir couldn't be for BB and so he paid absolutely no attention to his own feelings, and blindly did what Meenu told him to in the interest of "parivar ki ekta." He comes off as robotic, becuase he repeats these lines to remind himself to mash down his own feelings and act in what Meenu has taught him is the interest of the family. 

His real feelings come out only when he is alone (like when he found himself crying in the room before KC), when he is drunk (like the bachelor/hen's party night), or when he is emotionally vulnerable or scared (the visarjan hug, the hospital). Otherwise, he keeps these feelings tightly under wraps because he has been made to feel like prioritising his own feelings is a betrayal of his family. This played out quite literally with the spiking incident: Kunal tried to object on the grounds that it was Kuhu's family and BB responded by pitting Kuhu's family against theirs and making him choose. 

And this is what BB has done time and again -- this is how she convinced him to deceive Kuhu, and why he eventually served Kuhu divorce papers. Even now, after BB's pardafash, Kunal is consciously setting aside his feelings for Kuhu to help Abir win Mishti back. This was clearly illustrated when he woke up (on Kuhu's sofa!), rushed to the calendar and then almost reluctantly turned his eyes to the photo of him and Abir. 

In many ways, Kunal is the mirror image of Abir. Where Abir made huge promises and then fell totally flat when it came to execution, Kunal hesitates to make any promises at all unless he knows beforehand that he will be able to fulfill them. That is why, despite his feelings for Kuhu, despite the fact that she has become such an indespensible part of his life, he refuses to come forward and ask her to stay -- he is well aware that the next time he is called upon to prioritise his brother or mom over her, he will do so without skipping a beat. He doesn't want to promise anything until he can promise everything, and he knows he can't. 

So beautifully put. This makes me think yes Kunal did like Kuhu but the way the forced marriage happened he was not in a frame of mind to accept it. Loved the last bit He doesn't want to promise anything until he can promise everything, and he knows he can't.

Wonder when will his problems end so he can focus on his life. 

Originally posted by nami2811

So beautifully put. This makes me think yes Kunal did like Kuhu but the way the forced marriage happened he was not in a frame of mind to accept it. Loved the last bit He doesn't want to promise anything until he can promise everything, and he knows he can't.

Wonder when will his problems end so he can focus on his life. 

More like when will others problem end so KuKu can focus on themselves ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by Samanalyse

Beautifully written!