Ep 32: Jaan ke badle maine jaan cheen li

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

So finally Rishi Roy meets a very unglorifying end at the hands of the enigmatic Maya. But little does she know that she has started a vicious cycle where she will only be trapped in her mayajaal. Rishi lost his life for his love just as Maya did once, and only and only love will liberate her from this cycle which she has begun.

Rishi's demise - So, Rishi takes the knife from Maya and slits his wrist. He then goes onto shoot the video which has been skipped. After slitting his wrist he tries to reason with Maya to take him to a hospital. But Maya coaxes him that the more he bleeds, the more convincing it will be for Mrityunjay. And while blood and life is seeping out of Rishi, we have Maya caressing him that where he is going, there is nothing but just peace and sukoon, not the morbidity of life which she is living - just pure sukoon. And slowly Rishi gives up his battle of life and goes to a place where there is only freedom and light. I must say, Rajat did a fabulous job in portraying the death scene so well. I went by the segments and thought how unconvincing his death looked. But when I saw the episode play out, he portrayed all emotions well - pain, fear, helplessness. Great job Rajat👏 and will miss your naivety Rishi, because, with your demise, Maya lost a part of that innocence which she had within herself once upon a time. Maya donned the garb of darkness to punish the people who destroyed her, but now she has darkened her soul, treading down a path from where there isn't any return. So, tonight we witnessed the demise of innocence - of the person Rishi and of the soul Maya. Neither Rishi can return, nor Maya.

Maya's conflict with conscience - Maya is a person who could never imagine killing someone or at least being the reason behind someone's death, but today she is. Aur aaj Maya ke zameer ne Maya ke saath bagawat ched di. Her conscience is calling her a killer, but her mind is refusing to believe that. Her constant convincing herself that she did not kill Rishi, is proof of that. She knows, her conscience knows that she killed Rishi. But her dark mind finds a reason to pin it on someone who is as dark as she has become - Mrityunjay. Her mind conveniently pins it on Mrityunjay that since he caused the loss of her unborn child, so he also initiated the countdown to the demise of his own son. But how is it justified? Maya, your child was unborn, you did not even spend much time with it, it died in your stomach. But Mrityunjay invested 21 years of his life into his son - his pain and your pain cannot be equated - only the loss is real, but the pain is different. I am sorry CVs, Maya ke planning ke saath saath, Maya ka logic bhi tatti ho gaya hai.

Maya's 'beyhadh' darkness - So the show was promoted to be dark and darkness is what we got. Maya's madness has already been established in S1, but in S2 the CVs did not harp too much on it, because the character was shown as someone who had empathy and a moral compass. But, in our attempt to see the good in Maya, we missed that Maya is still a bloody crazy hate obsessed woman, who will do anything to punish Mrityunjay. And this isn't our fault, it's the way CVs have portrayed Maya from the beginning of the show that we failed to grasp that the woman has a hateful 'sanak' within her which cannot be quenched by symbolic killings - they have to show real killings as well. The consistency in the character hasn't been established since the beginning, so it has gotten us bummed as to why all of a sudden such a drastic turn. But this turn was always meant to be, only CVs should have shown us that from the beginning so that we expect a crazy b*t*h, not a sane woman. Honestly, Maya is a crazy woman only, who is beyond love and hate and she cannot get any empathy or sympathy - all she can get applauds for being the obsessive Maya she is. And as far as MayRu is concerned, they will have a passionate love story, only no happy endings, because in Beyhadh land, 'kahani ka khatm hona hi happy ending hai". So I am switching off any 'happy ending' mode here onwards. Looking forward to murder and mayhem, because no matter what, CVs will give us what they want, not what we want.

Rudra's agony - I am sorry, but tonight Rajat was much better than Shivin in his part. I couldn't connect with Rudra because I did not see any heart-wrenching agony inside him. I mean Rudra was right there, but Rishi's brother wasn't. I could not connect with his pain or his pleas to wake Rishi up. It was simply underwhelming - compared to Maya's conflicting conscience and Rishi's heartfelt attempts to live and not die. But tomorrow we will see his pain - which takes him directly to Maya and he cries like a baby in her arms. Rudra is always drawn to Maya because pain draws pain. Maya is seen crying along with him. She is seen saying sorry, but her reason is to apologize for killing his brother, and he will assume that she is apologizing for his loss. And Rudra assumed the morning will be his last attempt at MayRu, but sonny, you are the only one who can love her, heal her, complete her and release her from this vicious cycle of hate and revenge. Let's see how their story begins and ends. Not hoping for happiness, hoping for union in another life.

As far as Roy's and Ananya are concerned, they were very boring, so not interested.

Well, those are my thoughts for tonight. Let's hear yours

Edited by libran90 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Soulfuldream thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Rishi is dead... can't freaking believe it.

She is a true psychopath man....

And Rudra is finding solace in her arms... wonder what will happen when the truth unfolds before his eyes...

pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I'm someone who can fall out of with love with a show as easily as in Love. This is where my journey with beyhadh 2 ends as I already feel detached, and unable to connect to the maayra scenes as well. I strongly maintain that it is possible to show a dark thriller without senseless murders, it starts with focus and good writing. Which writers are incapable of. Maya is still an obsessed and batshit crazy woman but writers gave us a false sense of security by showing us a sane and human maya. Someone who was shown with so much humanity cannot kill PERIOD, it is not that easy to bury our conscience. This is were makers completely messed up, maya's characterisation is fine now but it was wrong in the beginning hence this senseless murder did not have the desired effect. 

MJ and Maya's pain are similar but not equal. In a way she has a god complex as well and cannot see anything beyond her own loss. Mj took away her unborn child so maya took away his son- who is also a brother and many things to others. so no, it not equal. Maya your logic is awful and I hope you don't get any peace or satisfaction after your revenge because this death will haunt you forever. maya needs to learn a lesson as well and i hope makers don't glorify her crusade.

More than Rishi's death, I'm mourning what this show could have been. CV's destroyed whatever good writing they did after this senseless act. nothing can justify this. I wanted a strong intelligent heroine who knows her game, here we have a woman who just kills then cries. where is the strength in that? 

DivI10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Really Enjoyed reading you as much as the episode..oops actually not enjoyed the episode but i cried for Rishi as he pleads for life.. seeing him die, hearing his heartbeats for once a last, him lying dead, my heart ached for him, in all his flashback that Maya had Rajat just grown a good actor by the end will miss him as Rishi in being i loved him more than Rudra

I don't no about future of Maya or mayru or Mayra of course if what relationship mj and Maya has hold that 

meimo12 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think the cvs mentioned it in the promos as well that beyhadh 2 will surpass all limits but we were (speaking for myself at least) so indulged in wanting a Mayra union that we forgot that part and were caught by the “expect the unexpected”. But actually it’s expected if we look back.

Just as I mentioned in another post, no one can justify what maya did but to her it was right and keeping ourselves in place... we cannot take this ITV sort of revenge but if someone hurts us, we will say equally harsh things verbally or mentally and hope they feel the pain cuz we’re not Maya and over here maya is doing the same thing but because this is television and the impossible is possible, the revenge is shown like this. 

We cannot equate her pain with MJ but pain is pain. Unable to hold the child you were dreaming so much for, murdered in cold blood just so she cannot enter the house is as bad as killing a son of the enemy regardless of how much time invested. And plus, a mother’s pain is always more because the child rests in her abdomen. Maya probably lost her love and then MJ purposely killed her child so while it’s not justifiable and she obviously knows it’s wrong despite giving herself “jhoota Dilasa “ that she didn’t kill rishi- for her it’s what needs to be done.

maybe she is thinking by doing so it will ease her pain or she knows it won’t do anything for her but will give pain in return which is what her heart desires. It’s darkness and obviously maya will meet her end to and all that but I just feel that she is doing what she thinks is right. Wo bolte haina ek ka karz hai tou unk bachay b chukate hain.

But loving Mayra I can’t help but keep a 0.00009% hope that it will happen somehow. Idk how , maybe he will forgive her (a girl can dream). Maybe he will not forgive her and kill her then kill himself because he killed the love of his life. Maybe she’ll kill him and vice verse

So many possibilities but I’m excited to see next. I know people are saying cvs screwed the story up and yea they should give us a background story soon it’s been too long but we did expect deaths at the hand of maya even if she did give people a chance to live at that point. If we see the example, she could have easily harmed antara at the hospital, she could have killed rishi when she dropped those cabinets. No one was in the office usk neeche akar he can die, she could have drowned antara so we know that someone was going to die but after she’s done with her scaring game. 

Anyway loved your analysis and I agree to a lot of points and want to not hope for mayra but I’ll still keep a mini percent hope there :3

2019_AnushkaM thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

I love this analysis kind of mostly agree with it. smiley32

I too feel in way when they were saying Beyhadh nafrat we kind of knew it will be her obsession with revenge in this obsession she will cross her limit 

But writer tried to normalised her character from the beginning of the show  which made audiences confused and made us thought she is maybe a normal girl out of revenge like Durga & Roshini. She isn't normal & has going through mental issues  period. ( Maybe PTSD)

I feel her character is more complicated than that . Her mental health was also affected with the whole mess & installed a big Trauma inside her which made her this cold , toxic & shadow of her Tromanter.

We can't justify a character killing someone but I can understand how f***ed up her mind can be that she can sit their & saw someone taking their last breaths , she felt bad , horrible but not enough that made her out of to help that guy.  That's show how twisted she become because of whatever she went through.

I failed to connect with her character mostly but I will love to watch where they take her character.

You can't justify a serial killer or their horrific crimes but most of the serial killers have a strong f***ed up background story which made them lost their mind so you can understand how a person become this twisted .

Same for Maya we can't justify or maybe fail to sympathetic towards her but we will get clear picture what she become & why she become in future.

Writers should have established it from the first episode but they keep it & suddenly throw over us which is why it's getting hard to accept .

Rajat as Rishi was fantastic he was amazing . I will miss this actor honestly. I cried like hell in his death scene it was so heartbreaking & painful. 

Emotions were to the point but I feel that scene could have done better .

Coming to Rudra's scene I agree. Somewhere I didn't connect too. It could have done better again . Aj rishi ki scene mein itna ansoon behegaya baki kisi ke scenes ke liya ansoon nahi bacche tha đŸ€ŁđŸ„ș

Like someone said in forum that Mayra is star crossed lovers who will meet with a tragic end that's how it will be & I feel it should be . ( Though I don't want Rudra dead 💔)

The scene was really ironic the person who cause the pain, Rudra had to go to her for solace. 

They r going to be my toxic couple đŸ˜©â€ïž

I know they will destroy each other in the whole process but they r going to be passionate & full of intensity. 

It will be interesting to see how further this characters develop & what past story they have .

Baki I don have any expectations from the show anymore 

Edited by 69_Anushka - 4 years ago
Amirita4 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

comments here prove why indian audience don't deserve a good show.. they can never enjoy something out of the box or dark or anything different.. all they want is a goody goody leading character.. with a lovestory and a couple to ship.. and a happy ending...

no wonder movies like joker or gone girl are never made.. even if made will never work..

i will come on this forum to just read your posts.. since they are always neutral balanced and understand the story...

i was one of the very few people who always liked rishi when people used to call him mj part 2... his death was heartbreaking for me..

will miss the actor.. he did fabulous job ..

but today they finally gave us what they promised.. a dark show with dark lead.. 

and fulfilling the promo line 'pyar ki hadh hoti hai nafrat ki nahi'

and i hope cvs won't ruin the story due to disney-ish type demands of audience 🙏

pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Amirita4

comments here prove why indian audience don't deserve a good show.. they can never enjoy something out of the box or dark or anything different.. all they want is a goody goody leading character.. with a lovestory and a couple to ship.. and a happy ending...

no wonder movies like joker or gone girl are never made.. even if made will never work..

i will come on this forum to just read your posts.. since they are always neutral balanced and understand the story...

i was one of the very few people who always liked rishi when people used to call him mj part 2... his death was heartbreaking for me..

but today they finally gave us what they promised.. a dark show with dark lead.. 

and i hope cvs won't ruin the story due to disney-ish type demands of audience 🙏

you are allowed to think differently but this condescending tone and attitude was not necessary.  indian tv writers don't have enough talent to pull off gripping stories like joker or gone girl. The playing level is completely different, and the writing  and  execution is at another level in most western moves and tv. go through the comments and try to see what the viewers are saying.  Writers can give us a morally grey character but they need to follow up with good writing and even better execution.

Edited by pomegranate - 4 years ago
MistyDawn thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: pomegranate

you are allowed to think differently but this condescending tone and attitude was not necessary.  indian tv writers don't have enough talent to pull off gripping stories like joker or gone girl. The playing level is completely different, and the writing is at on another level in most western moves and tv. go through the comments and try to see what the viewers are saying.  Writers can give us a morally grey character but they need to follow up with good writing and even better writing.

I agree.. audiences are exposed to all kinda content on TV and web and no matter what shade the character is, if the writing is good, its always appreciated. When we signed up for Beyhadh2, none of us expected/hoped for goody two shoes Maya or a fairy tale happy ending. It was the writers who have not portrayed Maya as someone who could execute a murder like she did today.. She is someone who understands that social outcastes like the transgender she helped, need money to survive unless and until society or the law of the country gives them jobs or accepts them and give them their due rights... She is someone who identifies and acknowledges the good in people. She is someone who had started to develop feelings for someone she in her mind is programmed to hate and destroy.. she was shown human.. but this Maya kills in cold blood, runs away like a coward and cries in regret.. so can I call her out an out dark? I don't know! I'd rather see her slit people's throat with her own hands with no regret or remorse..that would be a dark character.. now tomorrow she is gonna console Rudra, then share an awkward eyelock, hands touching, hair flying.. as an audience I don't know what to feel? Forget Rudra, can she console, care or love Rudra knowing she killed his brother? Isn't she supposed to celebrate her first big victory like Sony has been advertising..make her do that then! that's when she will come across as a dark character.. but here is just crying buckets trying to convince herself that what she did is right.. again the guilt face when Rudra comes to her.. why the guilt? why the tears! that's where the connect is lost even though the actors do a pretty amazing job.

Edited by MistyDawn - 4 years ago
Lucifer666 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amirita4

Finally someone gets it. Dark character does not mean bad show or avoidiythe character, it simply intrigues us. There are a lot of emotions in this world, many lead to crime. In our world we have to stay away from them. But the world of art can showcase anything including the darkness.

Plus if a character is doing such things is what will help advancement in the otherwise declining graph of itv. Maya being a murderer or obsessed does not mean she is all bad and I don't know why people are saying CVS showed us nice things about. Well yes because it is the epitome of art to show paradox in human emotions, one that actually exists in us. The good the bad the evil, and yes some action that we won't take. It is great to see them showing dark characters and not Gopi bahus.

Hope they don't get pressurised by TV serial mahanta virus.