Lamest excuse given by DP fans for Chappak not doing well

Posted: 4 years ago

I tried to control myself but this needs to be made a separate topic.

So many fans here have given the excuse of DP not her glamorous best in the movie one of the reasons for it not to fare well. Like really? One fan said that movies with handicapped male/female lead doesn't work. Wtf! Really? Agar aisa hota to why Black worked? Rani was playing a blind girl and at the same time she wasn't seen in glamourous avtaar either, why did the movie work then? Ab don't come up with the crap that it worked coz of AB Sr. It worked because the movie was well made and it did Justice to a sensitive topic.

Too lazy to type more so quoting my reply to one of the fans here who didn't reply me back.

Originally posted by Glitter_In_Eye

I disagree with what you said. I don't think a movie working has anything to do with the main lead handicapped as you mentioned or any other disability for that matter. If that was the case, Barfi would have never worked. There are not many movies portraying main lead disabled but enough to contradict your claim. Sanjeev Kumar played a mentally challenged guy in Khilona and it is one of the superhit movies of that time so is Black.

The movies you mentioned above didn't work simply because they were bad or badly executed barring Guzzarish. I think Guzzarish was much ahead of it's time, at least this is what I feel. Rest were just bad. I am not talking about Chhapaak right now because I haven't watched it but I was not impressed with the trailer either and I said the same in discussion thread when the trailer released. Also there was no buzz about the movie at my place. The ones who have watched the movie are saying that the movie was not impressive and didn't leave any impact. I'm not going to watch the movie for some entirely different reasons though.

Edited by Glitter_In_Eye - 4 years ago

Kisi k paas kuch nahi h add karne ko? 🙄 Guys discuss.

after watching the movie, I will definitely say,the biggest reason is that while Deepika and Meghna, despite doing quite a good job, failed to touch the heart. While the subject and topic really makes you feel sad, the too much subtle atmosphere and environment, killed that desi touch of tearjerking emotion this movie required.

But it.isn't a.horrendous or bad movie, actually quite a nice one.

They can't accept that dp has no star power. And what you said abt balck is actually true. Rani was literally blind and mentally ill(?) in that movie and don't forget abt Paa.

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

after watching the movie, I will definitely say,the biggest reason is that while Deepika and Meghna, despite doing quite a good job, failed to touch the heart. While the subject and topic really makes you feel sad, the too much subtle atmosphere and environment, killed that desi touch of tearjerking emotion this movie required.

But it.isn't a.horrendous or bad movie, actually quite a nice one.

I haven't watched the movie so it wouldn't be right for me to comment on that. I saw the trailer and I didn't find it effective and said the same at that time only. Anyhow this is not what the topic is about. It's about how fans cannot accept that the movie didn't work inspite of the fact that a superstar was carrying it on her own and coming up with lamest excuses. Pehle wo boycott on SM wala drama, but when it didn't work, they come up with this excuse that DP wasn't looking her prettiest best in the movie. Come on, this is really ridiculous. 

Sorry for being off topic... Guzzarish, FANTASTIC film and beautifully made ❤❤❤

Guzarish looked boring and so did this movie 😆

Originally posted by Kara_R

Sorry for being off topic... Guzzarish, FANTASTIC film and beautifully made ❤❤❤

I agree. My post might be misleading for you. I was praising Guzzarish. It was in reply to someone who said movies with handicapped male/female leads don't work that's why Chappak didn't work. I was just contradicting her claim. I loved Guzzarish.❤️

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Guzarish looked boring and so did this movie 😆

this post was not about Guzzarish actually. It's actually about the fact that you cannot use the excuse of DP's face being disfigured a reason for justifying Chappak not doing well.

Originally posted by Glitter_In_Eye

this post was not about Guzzarish actually. It's actually about the fact that you cannot use the excuse of DP's face being disfigured a reason for justifying Chappak not doing well.

I blame Meghna

Just look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6spSEx4JDE 😆