Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by TuHaiKaun

A friend of mine watched it and she said Deepika Padukone should be banned from doing movies that require immense acting talent because she can’t act to save her life!!Let her focus on playing slb glam dolls where she stands out at least looks wise.

My sister said the same. She said kangana or pc wouldve justifed the role. Deepika cant carry such movies n critics are scared to call her out because of the subject.  And noone think she deserves natuonal award for this.🤣 if she was good actress, movie wouldve worked. Neither she has acting skills nor star power to make such movies hit. That is why kangana type actress are needed for such roles

Plus noone gonna remember this movie after a month expect her fans let alone years🤣

Edited by Ronaldo_fan - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Ronaldo_fan

My sister said the same. She said kangana or pc wouldve justifed the role. Deepika cant carry such movies n critics are scared to call her out because of the subject.  And noone think she deserves natuonal award for this.🤣 if she was good actress, movie wouldve worked. Neither she has acting skills nor star power to make such movies hit. That is why kangana type actress are needed for such roles

Plus noone gonna remember this movie after a month expect her fans let alone years🤣

Besides, the movie being based on acid-attack survivor Lakshmi was known from the very get-go. If it was just for telling a story, Meghna could have roped in a lesser known star or a newcomer. DP was roped in to add that star-value quotient (which unfortunately she never had). 

Acting-wise, the only one who I think could have soaked in the character was PC (as Jhilmil was differently-abled without an iota of glamour), not even Kangana or Alia. IMO, the movie would have fared well with a newcomer who would have done as good or even a better job than DP in telling the gruesome story. Ditto for creating an impact.

Why only NA? She should get an oscar for her acting or i say overacting in chappak!

It is established that DP never was an articulate speaker or a lucid orator. But does she not even understand the relationship between the content of her work and associated publicity??

The movie was based on an acid attack survivor- tantamount to violence against woman but then she chose to endorse a separatist agenda as a part of publicity gimmick. Was there a dearth of women-centric issues she could endorse, was she foolishly advised by her promotional team or/and did she lose her sense of judgement entirely?

She should fire her PR team and her stylist pronto... 

Originally posted by bashful_moon

Besides, the movie being based on acid-attack survivor Lakshmi was known from the very get-go. If it was just for telling a story, Meghna could have roped in a lesser known star or a newcomer. DP was roped in to add that star-value quotient (which unfortunately she never had). 

Acting-wise, the only one who I think could have soaked in the character was PC (as Jhilmil was differently-abled without an iota of glamour), not even Kangana or Alia. IMO, the movie would have fared well with a newcomer who would have done as good or even a better job than DP in telling the gruesome story. Ditto for creating an impact.

I agree with you. Thats why i find excuses of offbeat and niche hilarious. If they wanted to make niche or so called artsy movie they would've casted someone critically acclaimed actress but the reason deepika is there, to sell the movie period and she failed at it. 4 crore opening is a flop no matter what the excuses are! 

I think kangana would've done wonderful ob and same with pc.. A newcomer would've brought same opening . I think sara would've brought same opening and currently she is endorsing over 10 brands. She is quite fave of people right now. Impact lol. Impact is an excuse used for flops. Lady gaga's 2011 album was upstaged by adele's blockbuster 21 and her fans used impact impact everywhere. Noone remember gaga's album today. That is an excuse for flop!

Edited by Ronaldo_fan - 4 years ago

Originally posted by bashful_moon

It is established that DP never was an articulate speaker or a lucid orator. But does she not even understand the relationship between the content of her work and associated publicity??

The movie was based on an acid attack survivor- tantamount to violence against woman but then she chose to endorse a separatist agenda as a part of publicity gimmick. Was there a dearth of women-centric issues she could endorse, was she foolishly advised by her promotional team or/and did she lose her sense of judgement entirely?

She should fire her PR team and her stylist pronto... 

this is the same woman who once asked who she liked the most in bigg boss 10..could not come up with a single name and kept going around in circles..this is how diplomatic and gutless she is..so anyone who for starters feel she has taken a genuine stand for JNU..is fooling himself..she cannot care less..this was a well decided publicity gimmick with either to take this the padmavat way or she saw the flop tag coming and wanted to shift the blame to something..but glad all this backfired and people could clearly see her intentions

Originally posted by cougarTown

this is the same woman who once asked who she liked the most in bigg boss 10..could not come up with a single name and kept going around in circles..this is how diplomatic and gutless she is..so anyone who for starters feel she has taken a genuine stand for JNU..is fooling himself..she cannot care less..this was a well decided publicity gimmick with either to take this the padmavat way or she saw the flop tag coming and wanted to shift the blame to something..but glad all this backfired and people could clearly see her intentions

I agree with you...

My post was more in line with the dis-alignment between the content/subject matter of her movie and the political stand she chose to take to promote it.

Violence against woman is not equivalent to separatist agenda. 

Deepika has been superb in Chhapaak. This is her most restrained performance. Very subtle and understated. There was no scope for overacting or hysteria in Meghna's direction either.. With that heavy prosthetic what she did was nothing short of extraordinary 👍👍👍

Her dialogue delivery is pathetic as usual in trailor itself 🤔 She can't emote as well ..

Hv seen Padmavat totally aweful in that film with teary eyes dead expression ...

PC,Kangy, Parvati would hv better choice to play Lakshmi ..

Originally posted by kantalaga_

Her dialogue delivery is pathetic as usual in trailor itself 🤔 She can't emote as well ..

Hv seen Padmavat totally aweful in that film with teary eyes dead expression ...

PC,Kangy, Parvati would hv better choice to play Lakshmi ..

I haven't seen movie but Kangana's dialogue delivery is equally bad.