•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Most of us mocked Alia when she said " It is easy to make good films and difficult to make a hit film

Chhapaak is a good film but sadly won't do good at B.O of course there is strong competition before it but still reviews are favourable yet audience seems to be staying away from it

https://twitter.com/TheSassyChic_/status/1198878774978236416?s=20

I'm gonna be honest. It was fun seeing DP fans being brought back down to earth but this kind of movie was never going to do any better.

People would not want to go watch a film where the lead's face is disfigured. It's hard to watch and really depressing. I didn't even like watching the trailer because the face is so hard to look at. It's not politically correct to say but it made me cringe. I would never be able to watch that on the big screen.

Handicap type movies almost always get rejected, whether it's Chhapaak, Tubelight, Guzarish or Zero. DP doesn't have any star power so it gets rejected at a much lower level.

Alia said it so that she could claim her flop movies were good.

Good films ki definition kya hai? Anyone can make unfalsifiable statements like she did.

Originally posted by rkisnothot

I'm gonna be honest. It was fun seeing DP fans being brought back down to earth but this kind of movie was never going to do any better.

People would not want to go watch a film where the lead's face is disfigured. It's hard to watch and really depressing. I didn't even like watching the trailer because the face is so hard to look at. It's not politically correct to say but it made me cringe. I would never be able to watch that on the big screen.

Handicap type movies almost always get rejected, whether it's Chhapaak, Tubelight, Guzarish or Zero. DP doesn't have any star power so it gets rejected at a much lower level.

to each his own..i feel if a movie is well made..it can do well regardless..all these movies had one thing in common..bad direction..they moved at a slow pace and were not engaging..if a movie is well made it can surely work with specially abled characters as well..biggest examples are black and barfi

So if some pseudo critics decide, that a film is good film, that doesn't make it one. A good film is what connects to audience  and chapak is bad film from whatever i heard from my people who r deepika fans and watched it. They said she is limited nor the movie is good at all. And critics are scared to say it openly because of the subject of the movie. 

The point was movie should have better opening even if it would've flopped in long run. Deepika is called as biggest star since madhuri,. Number didn't justify it and that is the point. And her acting leaves lot to be desired!

Chhapaak is a great film in terms of message and acting but there are flaws im terms of execution 

1. The 2nd half starting where Malti started working in NGO is boring. I felt 15 min could have been trimmed to suit movie goer expectations. 

2. The story moves back and forth between different timeline which sometimes is difficult to follow 

3. There are many facts presented which are stated but not dramatized enough to suit a movie narrative 

Originally posted by rkisnothot

I disagree with what you said. I don't think a movie working has anything to do with the main lead handicapped as you mentioned or any other disability for that matter. If that was the case, Barfi would have never worked. There are not many movies portraying main lead disabled but enough to contradict your claim. Sanjeev Kumar played a mentally challenged guy in Khilona and it is one of the superhit movies of that time so is Black.

The movies you mentioned above didn't work simply because they were bad or badly executed barring Guzzarish. I think Guzzarish was much ahead of it's time, at least this is what I feel. Rest were just bad. I am not talking about Chhapaak right now because I haven't watched it but I was not impressed with the trailer either and I said the same in discussion thread when the trailer released. Also there was no buzz about the movie at my place. The ones who have watched the movie are saying that the movie was not impressive and didn't leave any impact. I'm not going to watch the movie for some entirely different reasons though.

Edited by Glitter_In_Eye - 4 years ago