Very depressed with the Box Office collection of Chapaak! - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

I am silent reader on this forum and a die hard Deepika fan. Like most DP fans I was expecting Chapaak to get great reviews and good opening because of her star value. 

I'm disappointed that it didn't open as well and the WOM is not up to mark. But what is hurting the most is the kind of celebration that's been happening all over Twitter and on this forum for someone's downfall. 

Ok she may not be the best actress or the biggest superstar but shouldn't she be applauded for picking this subject? 

It's depressing to see this kind of reaction. Sorry could not keep it inside me. 

TM it happens whenever a stars movie doesn't do well, srk got bashed when zero didn't do well, salman got bashed with race 3 and tubelight, rk got bashed with jagga jasoos and besharam, ranveer got bashed with befikre, aamir with TOH, so don't take all the trolling and bashing to heart, yes its upsetting to see and the stars don't deserve it but this is wat happens, the haters get very happy and celebrate when a movie of someone they dont like doesn't do well 

Tell her to learn acting first and stop listening to her pr. My friend watched the movie last night and she was so disappointed with her acting. Sm boycott doesn't work if the movie is good.

Originally posted by zara321

TM it happens whenever a stars movie doesn't do well, srk got bashed when zero didn't do well, salman got bashed with race 3 and tubelight, rk got bashed with jagga jasoos and besharam, ranveer got bashed with befikre, aamir with TOH, so don't take all the trolling and bashing to heart, yes its upsetting to see and the stars don't deserve it but this is wat happens, the haters get very happy and celebrate when a movie of someone they dont like doesn't do well 

Hi thanks for the replying so kindly! Yes I know trolling happens when one fails. But it is too much. 

People are not appreciating that she took such a big risk. She could have easily chosen a safer movie but she didn't. 

There is a thing called tit for tat, a number of Deepika fans(not all obviously) enjoyed and mocked the downfall and failures of Katrina, Anushka, Sonam, Kangu and Priyanka, ab dusro ki baari.

At least haters are bashing/celebrating using their own account. Not making multiple new accounts to celebrate or mock fans like you guys regularly do. 

Har ek ko gande tarha se bash karte ho... toh khud ke ID se bhi rone wale posts bana nahin sakte ho. Yaha pe bhi multiple new accounts strategy. 

Originally posted by Sociopath

Tell her to learn acting first and stop listening to her pr. My friend watched the movie last night and she was so disappointed with her acting. Sm boycott doesn't work if the movie is good.

It's difficult to act with prosthetics even Meghna said so. Or maybe people just don't want to accept that she's a great actress. We should learn to give credit where it due. She has given milestone performance in Piku, Padmavaat, Cocktail, Bajirao, Tamasha. She has proven herself so many times! 

The film could have made 2 crs more? Would that have made a difference? When first day collections are 30-40 50 crs..what difference does 2 crs make?

In the last year south stars are making those numbers every month.Who is crying?

Had DP made a cute small movie and somehow got 8-9 cr opening..would she have consolidated her fanbase and increased it by millions over night? Would Media be applauding her?Would Time be writing about her?

LW and RW are fighting over her.BJP states-non BJP states.

The film is excellently timed.She goes to Davos in afew days with foreign media more familiar with her name.

Meanwhile BW trade will be guaging what opening Street dancer  would be getting.What to do with Shraddha's many back to back hits.

BOI will remain center of the universe.Because they all have nothing to do with the rest of the world.

Deepika has had a perfect career in films.I hope who replaces her..has many good roles..unites her haters against her..stays relevant and makes a difference.

What Deepika fans feel today -I wish fans of other stars also get to experience.It is like the universities around the country coming alive.

I have only one wish..I hope she makes it to the TIME list again this year.

Edited by you2 - 4 years ago