Beyhadh - Mayra OS

Posted: 4 years ago

He promised her he would wait for her forever. And she kept him to his word.

Rudra woke up , rolled over and reached for her. She wasn’t there and never would be again. He sadly looked at the vacant space beside him on bed and spreading his palm flat across the satin sheet.  He could still feel her presence in them. He could still smell her in them. He glanced up at the adjacent wall and smiled.  The photo had him holding her by her waist. She was surprised, not at all prepared for it. But as far as Rudra knew Maya, she loved surprises. His eyes glistened on the mention of her.  She was like a wild flower, but aren’t the entire best flowers wild? He got up and went straight to her photo. Rudra kissed his fingers and placed it over her pic. “I miss you.” He said it.  His eyes were tired for waiting so long for her. They hold sadness, pain and love. Only god knew, how badly he wanted her,he wanted to see her again, touch her, taste her lips again. How much he missed her! How much he craved her. Only he knew, without maya he was dying inside.

The phone rang and he received the call, it was from ananya,“ Rudra where are you? The press is already here. Please come fast.”

Rudra checked the time and quickly got ready for the big day. As he was about to leave their bedroom he felt the tug in his heart and he glanced at the book kept on the table near her picture.

“Thankyou “ he whispered as his eyes brightens for a brief second before they became vacant once again.

He reached to his car and punched the key in the key hole.The engine came to life and soon the car hit the road. Rudra glanced at the book on the dashboard as he drove. He hits break and waited for the signal to become green. He stretched his finger gently on the curve of the book ,simultaneously playing her  laughing image in the back of his mind. She always hated rudra for touching her like that,’ it tickles a lot’ she use to complain. Rudra came out of her thoughts with the sound of knuckle knocking on window glass.

Rudra sighs and puts his fingers in front pocket, taking 100 Rs note out he hands it over to the person.

“Sahab, “ she said as she took the Note and tucked it inside her blouse. Then she stretched her hand and brushed it over his head in blessing. “Sahab Apki harkhwaish puri ho.” As she was about to leave she recognized Rudra’s face. He isthe same man whom she saw few months ago with the woman who gave her money daily on the same signal.

“Are sahib, ap? Kale kapde wali madam nahi aai aj apke sath.”The mention of maya sting his eyes and it became moist. “Wo Mujhse Naraz hai.Tumhe mile to use kehna ke wapas aajao. Koi uska roz intezaar kr raha hai.”  He said sadly. She didn’t understood him properly, but his eyes told her the story of his pain. She didn’t have strength in her to ask him anything more apart from silently praying to god to help him in releasing the pain he is holding.

The signal turned green and the car moved away. He parked his car and got out of it. As he was about to leave he realized he has forgotten the book inside. Rudra hurriedly unlocked the car and got his upper half inside the car to pick up the book. Instantly , his nose hits her beautiful fragrance. A small smile crept on his face and whispering a short thankyou in a whisper he walked towards the place where everybody was waiting for him.

“Rudra? What took you so long. Look, investors , media and important guest are already here.” Ananya pointed at the occupied chairs with a smile.

Rudra gave a subtle nod and walked on the stage. He took the chair opposite to the anchor as he placed the book on the table next to him.

The Anchor seems to be pretty impressed looking at Rudra. Who wont be? After all being so young , he was the most successful publisher in the country. Books published under his umbrella had world wide craze. Specially the latest publish novel. All the copies were sold, there was this huge demand for it world wide. RuAn publication became one of the top publishers among rivals.

“Sir, shall we start?” he asked and rudra gave a nod.

“Sir first of all I would like to congratulate you for the huge success of your latest novel.  There is still so many pre-booking pending and people are going crazy to buy a copy for themselves. Its huge success.” The anchor clapped and appreciated while later the whole room echoes with claps.

Rudra thanks everyone and waited for the anchor to speak. “Sir,can you share your secret behind writing this master piece. I have read it twice and Believe me sir, Not once you will feel the characters are fictional.Its almost like a reel playing before your eyes. We all want to meet your writer sir, she did a fabulous job. But since, we know we cant see her due to the confidentiality thing , we would like to know it from you.  Please share us the secret behind this amazing story line.”

There was a pause and anchor stared at rudra. He had a thoughtful look. He smile at something before looking at anchor again.

“what? What did you ask?”

“sir we would you to share the inspiration of the story?”

“No, I cant.” There was a silence again as he paused and began speaking after few seconds, “ I cant share her. Sorry.” He smiled and then all the people sitting in the room smiled with him, including the anchor.

“sir so you say, that the writer itself is the inspiration behind the story?”

Rudra didn’t answer it , he just smiled looking at a fixed spot in the audience.

“Sir, Please tell me, why did you gave this title for the book.” The anchor asked again.

Rudra picked up the book sitting besides him and eyes the title. His movement was so slow as if he was caressing the name written on it with his eyes, “Maya Jaisingh.”

“The title of the book is , “Beyhadh.” It is based on a fact that she always said, “Nafrat Ki Had Hoti Hai, Dil Beyhadh Hai.” He smiled and the anchor opened his mouth to ask another question it before he could even form a single word, rudra chuckled and continued talking. “This story is based on a girl. Who had dreams , who believed in fairy tales. Who believed that there is a prince charming waiting for her. She was happy in her world. She believed in goodness. She believed in love. She believed in forgiveness” rudra was playing maya’s line much before told to him by maya herself, as they discussed the initial chapters in his room. His eyes were closed as he could feel her saying the same line standing before him like that day. There was pin drop silence in the room, everyone got their interest in what rudra had to share. Except Ananya who has her eyes watery and she hides behind a curtain where no one could see her.

“Sir than what made her like that,”

“-like the storm you mean?” Rudra eyes opened and shot at the anchor in challenge.

“ye..yes.”

Rudra leaned back and began talking , “We don’t realize sometimes, what small things we thing we did can actually destroy someone’s life. she lost everything and we were the reason. People like you and me in the society. Who thinks that we have every right over every girl in our life. we think we are self-declare god and can decide and control other people’s life.” there was an anger in his voice but he controlled himself very well before everyone.

“Beyhadh in the title refers to her,  her love, her dreams and her decision. She was hurt and she gathered all her courage to fight back the storm.” He felt proud of her as he speaks.

“Sometimes, God have this weird plan.we are put to test and we have tendency to complaint it to him and cry over small things. But it was not the same with her. She was tainted, destroyed, snatched and broken but she still managed to keep the innocent girl in her alive who believed in fairytale.”

“Sometimes what we plan and dream about does not work out as we would like it to, but it’s a part of gods weird plan.” He smiled playing the memory of their first meet. “ The arrow is out of trend this time it was a sword he use for cupid play.”

“weird” anchor chuckled

“yes it is. Its never been normal for this girl , and so how could be her story be normal. It should be as unique as her to justify. Am I right?”

Everyone nods in yes and there was a silence appreciation in their nod.

“she carried her wounds like medals on herself and had challenged society in every path she walked. “

“Sir, did she finally met her prince charming?” anchor asked curiously

Rudra chuckles , “ Yes she did, actually he finally did. He always felt himself being blessed to be loved by her. She became his world and she too found her solace in him.” He chuckled remembering the kiss they shares in the balcony in her room that night.

“sir, then what happened?”

“She lied.” Rudra sighed with a tear spilling from his eyes

“what lie?”

“Her promise to always be with him. She said, she wont ever leave his side. But she left.”

There was this strange silence as if people could feel the pain too along with him. He had to collect himself. He knew she would never like if she sees him breaking infront of everyone.

“But she was a determined woman, she  fulfilled her promise and found love,defeated the monster and gave justice to the little girl who she had lost “

“-and before you ask any more. To know the story further,buy your copy in the nearest book store. Thankyou.”

Rudra didn’t even waited for another second and waving at everyone he left the building

He entered his room and sat on the place where she use to sit while he shut his eyes and let the emotions in him release.

“You are okay?” he smiled at the familiar voice and nods in yes.

She placed her hand on his head and gave a massage there.

“Better?” she asked

“yes.” He replied with a smile.

“Rudra how did the press meet go?” she asked as he brought her hand to his lips and kissed on it.

“It was fantastic. Everyone wanted to know about the writer.I wish you were there.”

She pulled her hands from his hair and kept it to her side.

“Rudra, you know I can’t meet.”

“yes I know.” He pulled her hand to his hair again and she began playing with his hair

“your novel is a big hit Maya.” He says while gently leaning on her so that he could rest his head on her lap.

“Really! Can I see it?”

Rudra nods and with his eyes closed he points at the book on the table. Maya walks to the table and holds the book.

“Beyhadh.” She brightens up in surprise.” You did remember it rudra. I thought you were bad at following instructions.”

“Yeah, but not when the instructions are coming from my life.”

“that was cheesy.” She mimicked.

“yeah but I looked cute in it.” He defended

“No you don’t.” she folds her hands across her chest

“yes I do.” He does the same.

Maya could never be angry with her prince charming for so long and thus she smiled while pecking softly on his lips.

“I love you.”

Rudra’s eyes shot open as he whispered back, “ I love you too maya.”

He looked around and sighed sadly. She was nowhere. He stood up to their photo again while he kissed his fingers and placed it on her lips through the photo frame.

Edited by Tiaraa - 4 years ago

You made me cry  Tia..😭😭 This is heartwarming..Rudra and his emotions and feelings for Maya felt so real❤️

Originally posted by pranurosid

You made me cry  Tia..😭😭 This is heartwarming..Rudra and his emotions and feelings for Maya felt so real❤️

if you cried in real and not through emoji then i will feel i did justice because i actually cried while writing😭

This is heartbreaking beautiful 💔 I wish MayRa have a happy ending at least in the show. 

Great job Tiara👏It is incomplete stories like these that give a sense of completeness sometimes. I would really want a happy ending for Maya this time. Please CVs. Dhokha mat dena😭

You made me emotional with this one...😭

It is heartwarming... Rudra, his emotions and his feelings felt real...

I was actually crying while reading this.

You are amazing!!! Loved reading it... 

Making me cry at 5:30pm in office 😭

So beautiful Tia❤️

The pain through rudra suffered..

I don't know when but it made me cry ..

U wrote each n every emotion so specifically..

Well done..👍👌👌

Tia,

Write more on emotional topics.

You have great hand in writing.

I wish cvs could make her death so graceful😭

Very emotional story😭

The way you depicted Rudra's emotions was beautiful👏

Wishing for a happy ending of Myra in the show