Patiala Babes

Aniruddh Dave Opens Up on Clueless Exit From Patiala Babes

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

Ok Finally he speaks up, the bold part, esp. And even he agrees that there was so much that needed to be explored with Hanuman and Babita's relationship, but they chose not to. 

The fans of the show were taken by surprise when lead actors, Aniruddh Dave and Paridhi Sharma exited the show out of nowhere. Several claims came into foray which included a sudden change of track and how the makers took the decision of having the actors quit the show.

January 4, 2020 3:02 PM

Courtesy : Iwmbuzz

It has now been a while since Sony TV's Patiala Babes went through some major changes and more so on how shocking they were. The fans of the show were taken by surprise when lead actors, Aniruddh Dave and Paridhi Sharma exited the show out of nowhere. Several claims came into foray which included a sudden change of track and how the makers took the decision of having the actors quit the show.

While Sharma had her own take to it, it seems Dave continues to be clueless as to why was his character axed. In an interview with Bombay Times, Dave said, "I’m still clueless as to why I was made to exit Patiala Babes. I think, the whole nation, especially our fans, still have this thing going on in their minds. I keep meeting people and they still ask me why I left the show. And I’m speechless as I don’t have an answer to their query. The makers didn’t themselves give me a definite answer to this. They just said that we are taking a leap and both Paridhi and I will not be a part of the story.”

There was even a doubt if the reason of their exits was how there wasn't much left in the story to explore, to which Dave said, "I doubt that as abhi toh story shuru hui thi (the story had just begun.) There were so many angles that the makers could have explored with Paridhi and my relationship, but they kept on insisting about the leap,”

He concluded, "Even my relationship with them was pretty fine. Aisa nahi tha ki kuchh gadbad hui ho toh (It wasn't like something happened that) I was expecting this. Yes, I always knew that there will be a leap in the show of which I will not be a part of but woh itni jaldi hoga (it will happen so early) that I was not expecting. But I parted ways on a good note and the character of Hanuman Singh will always remain close to my heart. I got to play a prominent male lead for a year in times where there is not much to do for male actors and I feel blessed for that.”

We certainly cannot wait to see Dave in a new project soon.

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail

Oh wow, they didn’t even give a clear reason about the leap to Aniruddh? 😕

What a waste. 

HS was the light of PB. He is dearly missed 🤗

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

AD finally speaks👍🏼

How sad it is that these two were not even given a proper reason after putting their hearts and souls into the show...HS was the jaan of the show without a doubt and that is even more prominent now when the show is so so lacklustre, 

Sushdvj thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Well I already knew  he was clueless his expression and behaviour during diwali party interview with media was enough to prove that.

Whatever happened either due to sony, or ph  decision or due to other reason because SBS already confirm with channel when we was thinking it was rumor

Well HS gonna remain always may fav male character of ITV . 

Edited by Sushdvj - 4 years ago
Resham thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It's sad to even read that... But i am happy he spoke up now... He was truly the jaan of the show... Without him now the show really looks lacklustre... 

I hope these people do justice to the new male lead here... If he also has the same fate to meet then I pity for those who have started watching for him.... 

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

They didn’t give clear explanation to both Aniruddh and Paridhi as to why their characters were axed from the show. This is why both HS and Babita’s characters took a 360 degree turn and they started to butcher their characters as they were making way for Season 2 with just Mini. They made Babita behave the way she did with Mini so that they could use that as Mini’s plight in S2. This seems to have been planned since the wedding track. This is when they started to victimize Mini starting from NB voiceover during Hanita’s walk towards the Mandap to HS blaming Mini for CD exchange and so on and so forth. They kept villanizing HS and Babita and kept victimizing Mini since then and it only got worse with time. I so knew it was intentional on their part to butcher HS and Babita’s character, more specifically Babita’s because Mini would be most affected by Babita. I could never accept the sudden 360 degree turn HS and Babita’s character took. The way they had shown these three’s dynamics before the wedding, no way could it have been changed so drastically overnight. It was all intentional and done in such a contrived manner.

I agree with Aniruddh. There was just so much they could have explored with HS and Babita’s relationship. The leap wasn’t needed at this point in the story and HS and Babita’s character definitely didn’t need to be axed. The show has gone downhill since these two exited and S2 is really not that great. No wonder they try to rub in S1 flavor into S2. But it’s such a waste of talent and good storytelling. 

They successfully ruined what could have been one of the best show on ITV. 

Edited by LoveInAutumn26 - 4 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I'd finally made peace with things but this just opened up my old wounds.

Sigh... what a waste.

It's such a shame he was treated this way and that so much potential went to waste. I agree that PB could have been one of the best shows ever on ITV if they hadn't spoiled their own project. The irony of ironies. 

guddi01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I blame RS,KK and this PH for it, they suddenly took upon themselves to promote Ashnoor for whatever reason best known to themselves.

Here I don't think that Sony had anything to do with it as they just show these serials. However the current theme of a grown Man romancing a 15 years old Girl is unacceptable and here the Channel needs to step in and stop this nonsense, as it may have been acceptable in the past but moving on it is not and this is really bad to show as this minor and her parents have lost the plot of decency for a few minutes of fame but this will reflect badly on Sony 

The S2 is a total replay if S1 and the new fans think that it is acceptable and its is so stupid.

Itsflora thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

I'd finally made peace with things but this just opened up my old wounds.

Sigh... what a waste.

It's such a shame he was treated this way and that so much potential went to waste. I agree that PB could have been one of the best shows ever on ITV if they hadn't spoiled their own project. The irony of ironies. 

Same pinch.

Woke up to this article & suddenly feel so sad.

PB still can make me down so easily. 

Aniruddh was so crazy good it hurts to see how he was treated..

There was so much left to explore.so much .remember the craze here just before the wedding?    

We nvr actually knew about HS & his story. 

We all knew a leap would come bt it didn’t need to be this! 

Loved How he ended the interview. Still being thankful for the story & his fans.

I watch s2 as a different show. 

Bt As someone mentioned there are people who love the new ml, so joined, I'm also afraid of their feelings  . Kk can do anything overnight. 

We should have got the warning when they suddenly changed the story & axed mita's character.  

I used to love the different other woman concept                      

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: MeghnaGhosh

AD finally speaks👍🏼

How sad it is that these two were not even given a proper reason after putting their hearts and souls into the show...HS was the jaan of the show without a doubt and that is even more prominent now when the show is so so lacklustre, 

Even this forum is utterly lackluster now 😆

Despite the lame fan wars in season 1, the quality of discussion was way better. 

And season 2 was bound to be lackluster cuz they didn’t leave anything worth salvaging 🤷‍♀️.

HS made me get hooked to PB. His journey will always be a memorable one that AD can take pride in. 

Now this makes me want to go back and rewatch some classic HS scenes 😆