Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shraddha is not in the same league as Katrina (yet)

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Why am I comparing two non-actresses? well, because they are both undeniably popular among a section of the audience. And let's face it, acting skills and popularity don't go hand-in-hand or else Salman Khan would be replaced by Rajkumar Rao as the reigning superstar.

Shraddha has made the right choices when it comes to scripts, taking on projects which hold commercial appeal and starring opposite big names. But her filmography is studded with flops when she tried anything different or tried to break out of the mould. Examples being Haseena Parker(disaster), Rock on 2, OK Jaanu etc.

Katrina, on the other hand, at her peak, made films like New York work, without a strong male lead. To her discredit, she never really tried anything female-oriented or different, but I feel she had stronger commercial appeal than Shraddha ever did or has.

Both are bad actresses but that doesn't stop people from idolizing them.

Comment/Discuss.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango.chutney thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thats true but think about what really made Katrina stand out during her peak. She was dating Salman for a million years, he toted her around everywhere, got her in the good books of everyone, people fell in love with her cute, sexy looks, and her bad hindi. Despite that, she proved to be something as she looked different and was different. She has a good screen presence as well, and people loved her "dancing."

Shraddha on the other hand, yes, she can do more when it comes to films and has a better grasp over the language, but when it comes to acting, sorry both are just terrible. I think the Shraddha is very beautiful, but she doesn't have that mystery or unique-ness that Katrina had. 

As she was foreign, I think it was more interesting to want to know about this nobody who randomly dated one of the biggest superstars in bw....and it is still very talked about today. I feel this is a big part in what gives Katrina that edge over Shraddha. Not only that, but she *Katrina* just has more of an IT factor.

*also, I'm not discrediting anything Katrina has done, but I think the ways in which she has become more known to the public is what really helped push her forward and got her in the spotlight*

.KISS-my-ASS. thumbnail

I so wish Salman could've manufactured the stardom of his own brothers and the gazillion other females he launched by making people fall in love with them 

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Katrina, on the other hand, at her peak, made films like New York work, without a strong male lead. To her discredit, she never really tried anything female-oriented or different, but I feel she had stronger commercial appeal than Shraddha ever did or has.

Hain? Katrina did have big flops like Yuvvraaj, Tees Maar Khan, Jab Tak Hai Jaan with big stars in her peak. If New York's success can be attributed to Katrina (it wasn't a big hit, just a moderate one) in a film that also starred John Abraham and then a fast-upcoming Neil Nitin Mukesh, why can't some credit go to Shraddha for a film like Stree where she was probably the only commercial actor onboard. Not to forget she gave a huge hit with Siddharth Malhotra, who otherwise mostly delivered flops and below average performers, in Ek Villain.

Edited by ponymo - 4 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

🤣🤣🤣

Shraddha gave hits with even Ark and Sid M even Arjun. She’s made her career without piggybacking on Superstars. Also, she looks better, acts better and dances better than Katrina. 

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Shraddha lacks all kinds of appeal. She looks masculine to me.

Katrina has far better appeal than her in an areas.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Katrina has more appeal, more x factor, is a better dancer, has better body and is way cuter than Shradhha..Kat catches one's attention while Shradhha has a bland face