Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sid’s next is a Telugu remake (Marjaavaan Team involved)

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Isko itni galiyan nhi milti jitni nepo kids ko milti hai flop pe flop dene pr.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Good for him.  Whatever people want to say about Marjavaan it is technically a hit.  So looks like working with Milap and Bhushan and Nikhil is working for him.  Now I need more details, like which remake is this and who’ll be the female lead? 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Marjavan is a hit ? Yeh  kab hua?

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Good for him.  Whatever people want to say about Marjavaan it is technically a hit.  So looks like working with Milap and Bhushan and Nikhil is working for him.  Now I need more details, like which remake is this and who’ll be the female lead? 

Marjaavaan has finished its run with a little under 46 crore nett. The film is a BELOW AVERAGE affair due to low costs. the film had a decent start but could not really do much after the first week.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Marjavan is a hit ? Yeh  kab hua?

When the distributor (it was sold to one distributor for a very low price) made a good profit and almost all trade analysts declared it a hit.   

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

There's nothing technical about it lol. Neither Taran, BOI nor Komal (the trade kingpins) consider it a HIT movie. Hell BOI even went from a potential semi-hit to above-average to average to finally settling on BELOW-AVERAGE based on its trending. Helluva improvement from Sid's run of DISASTERS. Trying to create a perception of a "HIT" by screaming from the media rooftop is the oldest game by producers. Quoting random Tom, Dick and Harry like Sumit Kadel, Rohit Jaiswal etc. who are wannabe clout chasing "trade analysts" won't make this movie a HIT. 

When a freaking Kangana gets 35ish crore with a more restricted genre movie in Mental Hai Kya, imagine being happy with a masala potboiler making 45ish crore.  I want Sid to do well too but come on lol. 

Edited by shogun - 4 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

Marjaavaan has finished its run with a little under 46 crore nett. The film is a BELOW AVERAGE affair due to low costs. the film had a decent start but could not really do much after the first week.

I'm not having the same argument about Marjavaan’s status again.  

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I'm not having the same argument about Marjavaan’s status again.  

okay, but I don't think your lower price argument is valid, given we don't have a single legitimate source claiming so.

But lets agree to disagree.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: shogun

When a freaking Kangana gets 35ish crore with a more restricted genre movie in Mental Hai Kya, imagine being happy with a masala potboiler making 45ish crore.  I want Sid to do well too but come on lol. 

Eating my own words from earlier by continuing this discussion but does no one believe in the concept of distributors prices and profits?  That’s basically why Tubelight was a flop despite doing 150cr. 

That being said, if people think the 20cr price to distributors is wrong then that’s a whole different argument.  Yes Komal and Taran not declaring a status for it is strange.  BOI has credibility issues IMO so that one not so much.  I didn’t realize Rohit was a wannabe.  Anyway, this time I am moving on for real.