Is Scarlett Johansson the biggest female star in Hollywood currently?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

She was the highest paid actress last year leading by $56 Million according to Forbes. If she's not then who is?

Edited by Looney86 - 4 years ago

She definitely is! And after having watched The Marriage Story, I would say she deserves every bit of the success coming her way!

My favourite is Keira Knightley though ðŸ˜³

Unlike Bollywood Hollywood is less stable and less predictable.This highest paid and most successful tag changes every year. Some time back it was Jlaw then Emma Stone and now ScarJo. Same with male actors. I also like how despite all their success they also do indie films with unknown directors and stage plays regularly. Also their PR  is less volatile and on your face than apne Bollywood ke namoone. I just got to know that Jlaw got married and there is hardly any pic of it unlike cringe worthy Prick wedding which was all over the news even though both of them aren't even A listers. 

Originally posted by ninny

Unlike Bollywood Hollywood is less stable and less predictable.This highest paid and most successful tag changes every year. Some time back it was Jlaw then Emma Stone and now ScarJo. Same with male actors. I also like how despite all their success they also do indie films with unknown directors and stage plays regularly. Also their PR  is less volatile and on your face than apne Bollywood ke namoone. I just got to know that Jlaw got married and there is hardly any pic of it unlike cringe worthy Prick wedding which was all over the news even though both of them aren't even A listers. 

Bollywood stars and American musicians are more connected with their fans, of course they would share one of the most moments of their life with them. Not sure why you brought Priyanka and Nick into this. 

Brie Larson maybe ? She has so much commercial and critical success 

Originally posted by Gauahargeous_N

Bollywood stars and American musicians are more connected with their fans, of course they would share one of the most moments of their life with them. Not sure why you brought Priyanka and Nick into this

I know I strayed away from the topic but it just reminded me of how media and we Bollywood fans have made it a rat race for these actors  by ranking them on basis of how much their film earns, who is on top and how many followers they have but  Hollywood despite the competition manages to be unpredictable and stars seem much more humble and content with their work. By bringing Prick I was just giving an example of how ott Bollywood stars are becoming.Beleive me if Nick would have married anyone else( even some popular pop star ) his marriage wouldn't have been covered as much as his and PC's did. Also about American musicians both  Miley and JB got married and none of them did tamasha as big as PC. Everything from Cannes red carpet to airport looks Bollywood overdoes it to the point where it becomes cringy. 

Definitely its Johansson. The highest paid actress might change every year but Scarlett has a universal appeal. Not only is she gorgeous but she is a great actress as well. Playing Natasha Romanoff in the MCU has been an additional benefit, but she was a bankable star even before 2010.

Originally posted by ninny

I know I strayed away from the topic but it just reminded me of how media and we Bollywood fans have made it a rat race for these actors  by ranking them on basis of how much their film earns, who is on top and how many followers they have but  Hollywood despite the competition manages to be unpredictable and stars seem much more humble and content with their work. By bringing Prick I was just giving an example of how ott Bollywood stars are becoming.Beleive me if Nick would have married anyone else( even some popular pop star ) his marriage wouldn't have been covered as much as his and PC's did. Also about American musicians both  Miley and JB got married and none of them did tamasha as big as PC. Everything from Cannes red carpet to airport looks Bollywood overdoes it to the point where it becomes cringy. 

Justin and Hailey had a huge wedding and were on the cover of Vogue as well. What are you even talking about? Lol lots of bias showing here. Miley got married for the wrong reasons and it didn’t last so that doesn’t count. American musicians and Bollywood stars tend to be more open with their fans and there’s nothing wrong with that... you have a problem with it so be it. Anyways like you said this is off topic so I’ll leave it here. 

Originally posted by Gauahargeous_N

Justin and Hailey had a huge wedding and were on the cover of Vogue as well. What are you even talking about? Lol lots of bias showing here. Miley got married for the wrong reasons and it didn’t last so that doesn’t count. American musicians and Bollywood stars tend to be more open with their fans and there’s nothing wrong with that... you have a problem with it so be it. Anyways like you said this is off topic so I’ll leave it here. 

Honey it wasn't even close to the whole PC wedding drama.Btw I can see u are a PC fan and are offended because I used her as an example. But what to do gotta say what I see. Btw not targeting any particular actor here, every so called Bollywood "A lister" is same.