Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Rajkumar Rao vs. Ranbir Kapoor: Better actor?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Two of the best actors of this generation...who do you think is a better actor and why?

I think they both are almost on the same level but Rajkumar Rao edges out Ranbir when it comes to versatility.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail

😆No comparison. Imagine Ranbir doing a Newton or an Omerta or even a Trapped.

Rajkumar Rao by a few light years.

Ennuyi thumbnail

Originally posted by: MahanalayakKarn

😆No comparison. Imagine Ranbir doing a Newton or an Omerta or even a Trapped.

Rajkumar Rao by a few light years.

Rajkumar can never do a YJHD or Barfi..he doesnt have the charm to carry off those characters..though in terms of pure acting talent Rajkumar is better then all his contemporaries.

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

RKR definitely,  because its not easy to be an Omerta or Newton or Trapped or even a Bareilley ki Barfi.

RK is amazing but RKR is better

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

RK by miles....Rajkumar looked like a c grade bg dancer beside  Mouni,Kriti, Shraddha...in short cant pull off commercial roles...no screen presence...

While he is for sure an amazing amazing actor,I will most probably never pay to watch a RKR movie in the theaters- only watched Bareli ki Barfi so far and that too for Ayushmann....RK movies? I wait to watch them on the big screens....

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LiveEatLove

RK by miles....Rajkumar looked like a c grade bg dancer beside  Mouni,Kriti, Shraddha...in short cant pull off commercial roles...no screen presence...

This guy had actually called himself a "new superstar" on a magazine cover LMFAOOOOOO. I kid ya not. 

Check out this IF superstar's new movie's opening last week. 5 FREAKING LAKHS. But you know when it comes to this guy, there are crickets chirping since "he's so sooooooooooo generationally talented".  Why count his endless list of flops?! Just get his rear end to the online streaming services. Theatres are clearly not meant for this "youtube and twitter comments superstar". ðŸ¤£

That's like what? 7 DISASTERS/ flops in a row now after that fluke stree?! 

Shimla Mirchi Box Office

All amounts in their respective local currencies

INDIA

ScheduleAmount (in Crores)
Opening Day0.05

https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/box-office-collections/

HearMeRoar thumbnail

The fact that the defense of RK being given here involves his screen presence and star factor speaks volumes😂. Or Rajkumar Rao's personality (he doesn't come across pleasing).

The question was about acting talent. Nope. Ranbir doesn't even come close. Not even the posts supporting Ranbir on this thread can mention one performance of his which can surpass RKR's.

Edited to add: Ranbir Kapoor is one of the few mediocre actors in the mainstream Hindi movie milieu. In other words, he looks good because the rest of star-actors are generally bad. 

RKR is an actual actor. He ain't no star, that's for sure. But in terms of pure talent, it would take a Nawaz to surpass him

Edited by MahanalayakKarn - 4 years ago
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

The question is about the acting talent. There is no doubt Rajkummar is the the better. Range, intensity and prowess all involved. 

Star power, screen presence, dancing ability, facial features, command in the inner circle are all secondary factors. I rank Rajkummar even above Vicky Kaushal and ayushmann. Ranbir isn't hopeless but not even close to them.

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Leaving sorry Ranbir's offscreen deeds, he is more versatile than Rajkumar be it comedy or dark character like in Rajneeti, his best performance. I find Rajkumar overrated.