Basant Bhatt returns as Kartikeya in VG!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Basant Bhatt Returns to His Character in 'Vighnaharta Ganesha'

Basant had to leave the show and he told media that he had committed less days of shoot in a month. However, he was asked to give more dates to the show, which was not possible for him at that time...

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/basant-bhatt-returns-to-his-character-in-vighnaharta-ganesha_158710

January 2, 2020

Sony TV's Vighnaharta Ganesha saw the replacement of one of the major characters Kartikey. Basant Bhatt who gained immense popularity with his portrayal of Kartikey in Sony Entertainment Television’s Vighnaharta Ganesha was replaced by Pratham Kadam, who has earlier been a part of Siya Ke Ram and Mahakaali.

But the latest news that we hear from the set is that Basant Bhatt is back in the show. Basant had to leave the show and he told media that he had committed less days of shoot in a month. However, he was asked to give more dates to the show, which was not possible for him at that time as he was already occupied with RadhaKrishn. Hence, left with no option Basant had to quit the show.

And the makers replaced him with Pratham but now we hear Basant is back in the show. When contacted Basant confirmed the news and said, "Yes I am back in the show. Things are sorted between me and the production house. The dates issues are sorted and I am happy to be back in the show."

Edited by A-A-S - 4 years ago
Posted: 4 years ago

Another IndiaForums article:

After Being Replaced, Basant Bhatt Re-Joins 'Vighnaharta Ganesha' Replacing Pratham Kunwar

Actor Pratham Kunwar went on to replace Basant Bhatt in Sony TV's Vighnaharta Ganesha back in September but now, Bhatt has replaced Kunwar as the latter has quit the show.

https://www.indiaforums.com/article/after-being-replaced-basant-bhatt-rejoins-vighnaharta-ganesha-replacing-pratham-kunwar_158916

January 8, 2020

We certainly come across replacements in TV shows too often and it might not come across as too much of a surprise but seldom does it happen that an actor who is replaced earlier re-joins the show replacing the current actor.

If that sounds complex, the situation truly turned out to be.

Actor Pratham Kunwar went on to replace Basant Bhatt in Sony TV's Vighnaharta Ganesha back in September but now, Bhatt has replaced Kunwar as the latter has quit the show. Yes! That's right. In an interview with Bombay Times, Kunwar opened up on his reason to exit from the show. He said, "“To begin with, I wasn’t happy with the way my character was shaping up. Out of the 15 days a month blocked by the production house, I was being called to shoot for only three days. They promised me that my track will increase soon, however, that didn’t happen. They eventually told me that they are getting the original actor back. I was shocked. Having said that, I don’t grudge anyone, as I feel fortunate to have got the opportunity to play such an iconic character. The only grouse is that I had chosen this project over another that I was offered around the same time.”

When it comes to Bhatt who did exit the show earlier and is now back on it said, "Apparently, the channel wanted me back in the show for the upcoming track and hence, the production house approached me. I hadn’t quit 'Vighnaharta Ganesha'. In fact, I was managing it along with 'RadhaKrishn', but it became difficult to adjust the schedule of other artistes. That’s when the production house decided to get in another actor to play the part. I am back now and am willing to put in extra hours for the show.”

A rather rare saga of double swapping we witnessed here.

A similar Times of India article: 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/basant-bhatt-replaces-pratham-kunwar-in-tv-show-vighnaharta-ganesha/articleshow/73141373.cms

Edited by A-A-S - 4 years ago