KuKu OS - Broken but redeemed - Updated

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

Part 1

The truth had finally come out. He did not belong to this family. Though the house looked the same it was not, for him. It felt like the whole world came crashing down on him, felt like he lost his soul. The very name he was so proud to be associated with is not his anymore. He recollected all the moments he spent with this family, good, bad and emotional. Was it because of this that he was not as similar as Abir or Naanu? Was it because of this he always was the different one? Was it because of this he was rejected twice and maybe thrice now? It suddenly dawned upon him that the other big secret of his life is soon going to come out. He will officially be separated from Kuhu. He then remembered all the bad he's done with her. Tears rolled out unknowingly from his eyes as he thought he deserved this pain and was destined to be left alone. With a heavy breath he sat down on his bed and was looking at the wedding picture where everyone around him, including Kuhu was happy except him. It was supposed to be the most memorable day of his life but he was not happy. 

He heard someone at the door. Maybe it was his brother, or his mom, or his real mom, or Naanu. He didn't want to look back, he didn't want to face any of them. He sat there waiting for them to talk. 

"Kunal!", she exclaimed. "Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you!"

It's her. He can't let her know about him. What would she think about him? She already hates him so much and letting this secret out would totally close out all the doors. But wait, even if he doesn't tell her she was going to hate him. At least he wouldn't have the guilt of not letting her know who her husband is, or was.

He slowly turned around, eyes red with softened expressions. Her frown slowly changed to concern. She softly asked, "Are you okay?"

"I've got to tell you something Kuhu"

"Okay, if it is something about what you did yesterday then I'm not ready to..."

"I'm not a Rajvansh", he cut through.

"What?! Don't change the topic. What do you mean you're not a Rajvansh?"

"Mrs. Meenakshi Rajvansh is not my real mom. I'm an illegitimate child of Mehul Kapadia and Parul Maa...si.." he said in a broken tone.

She didn't know what to say. She was standing there stunned. 

"Mishti told me the truth yesterday. I don't know what I am now. I'm not a Rajvansh. My entire life is now nothing. I deserve all this. I deserve this after all what I've done to you. God is punishing me for my sins."

She stepped forward and wanted to consle him but she was hesitant whether or not to when he instantly stood up and hugged her tight, crying. 

"I'm sorry Kuhu. Please forgive me for lying to you, forgive me for marrying you, forgive me for not respecting you, forgive me for fighting with you, forgive me for loving you..."

She was taken aback. Did he say "loving you.."? Does he mean he loves her? Maybe he's speaking in a moment of weakness. After all such a big truth of his life is before him. 

"Kunal, stop it. It's okay." she said softly trying to calm him. 

He realized what he just said. He said something which he didn' realize until now. Was it because he felt weak at the moment and wanted someone to stay by him? He immediately pulled himself out of the embrace and wiped his tears. She held his hand and made him sit. There was a long silence. No one spoke anything. All they could hear was a soft sniffle from Kunal and a rapid heart beating while the wind chimes in the back jingled with the wind. And they held their hands together. 

Part 2

It was 6 in the morning and Kuhu woke up to see Kunal sleep in his couch all cuddled up in a blanket. He looked like an innocent child at peace. After the small talk they had he realized he needed to come to terms with his current life and move on. She recollected their talk in the evening. She could still remember how he was broken after revealing his true identity and how he blamed himself for all the bad things he's done to her and how in a moment confessed that he loved her. After the awkward silence they talked about life and other stuff but no one dared to bring up the 4 letter word or what he said about loving her. 

As she was getting ready she hesitantly marked the last day of her 3 month stay in the Rajvansh house. She sadly looked at the room and wish she stayed but was there a reason for her to stay? What if Kunal stopped her? What if he really started loving her? Does she still love him? She could feel someone stand behind her and turned slowly to notice Kunal watching her and the calendar. His eyes were swollen and red. It was evident that he was nervous. She waited for him to say something. All he managed to say was 

"Good Morning"

She faked a smile and turned around.

"So it's the last day?", he asked hoping she'd say no.

"Guess so.", she said pretending to find something in the closet. 

"I'll drop you", he said much to her disappointment. He mentally kicked himself for saying that.

"Why is it so difficult to repeat what you said yesterday?", he murmured to himself. 

"Sure. Looks like you can't wait", she said sarcastically. Now she thought whatever he said last night was just a spur of the moment and he didn't really mean it. 

"Come out of the bubble Kuhu! #hewasneveryours #never #ever", she thought. 

"Any plans for the last day?"

"Great! Now he wants to know if I have a plan? How insensitive is he?", she thought to herself. 

"Nothing. I've got to give a last lesson to maami, help Ketu for her job interview, track Naanu's BP and ....", she broke before she could complete the sentence. A tiny drop trickled down her cheek as she realized she will not be doing any of this tomorrow. She IS leaving the house forever. She spent the last 3 months with everyone in the family, became a part of it without realizing how connected she was with them and now she has to face the reality. The only reason she was connected to this family was because of one relation and that one relation is ending. 

He turned her around and slowly wiped her tears. 

"Kuhu, you've done so much for my family in these 3 months. You kept everyone happy, cheerful and brought life to the home. This home will not be a home without you. I've always kept my family first and that's the reason I married you. I never, for once thought about you. My intention was not to hurt you..."

"I know. I know what you're gonna say. Yes your intention was not wrong and I've come to terms with it. I'm not blaming you, it's just my destiny and luck which doesn't let me stay happy for too long. I accepted it. So be it. You don't have to be sorry anymore. This is good for both of us."

"I've done really mean stuff but now..."

"I said it okay Kunal. #leaveit let's not start over again. I'm fine"

"You know what's the problem with you?"

"So now you're counting my mistakes? Don't get me started on ...."

Before she could complete her sentence he put his finger on her lips to make her stop talking. 

"Sshh. Stop talking and listen to me. Let me complete. The problem with you is you never let me speak. I'm trying to tell you something here. Kuhu, please don't go. I know I don't have the right to ask you anything but just for old times sake. Can you give "us" a second chance? Can you give me a second chance? I want you to fall in love with me again. I know it's hard but I'll try harder to impress you. I want to bring back the "real" Kuhu. This time I'll not disappoint you. The decision is with you. I'll not force you.", he said as he left a numb Kuhu in the room.

This is basically how I would like to see the sort move forward. It shouldn't be a direct confession but a journey that culminates to a confession. Thanks for reading!!

Edited by nami2811 - 4 years ago

Hi, nice OS, please do continue. I am glad more people are writing on our beloved KuKu. 

This is beautiful. Please continue. 

Love it! It's funny - I imagined something similar for them.